“Beautfiul room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 AMEX Card Promo
Ranked #26 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Boston, MA
“Beautfiul room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel when I was in town for the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon. It was easy walking distance to the start of the race and the expo at the Convention Center. You can even walk through indoor walkways to get to the Convention Center. I got a very good price through a AAA rate. Overall, I loved almost everything about this hotel. The room itself was by far the best part; it was absolutely beautiful and very classy. I was in a king room and was very impressed by the cleanliness, decor, bathrooms, etc. There was one bathroom with a toilet and sink and another bathroom with a larger sink and shower. The sitting area was a nice size. The entire room just felt fresh and clean. I asked for a quiet area and they put me near the ice machine, which I though would be a problem but it wasn't. The pool is small and I didn't use it. No hot tub. :( The lobby area is nice and relaxing. They let me check in early which was a nice bonus. The only bad part about my stay is that they forgot to give me back my driver's license upon check-in and when I called about it late the next day they told me they didn't have it. Then they called back 5 minutes later to say they had it; the woman tried to explain why she had been given misinformation. It was a small incident but with potentially major consequences since I was flying out early the next day. I should have been more careful to get my license back but they should have been more forthcoming about what happened. You would think that as soon as they saw my license on their counter they would have called my room! I would definitely stay there again but would make sure I got my license back!

Room Tip: A higher floor seemed to be quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Marr601, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments. It is always our goal to ensure that each guest has an excellent experience. Guest feedback is so important to our success and bettering our team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our first night moving to Indianapolis we stayed at this hotel. Staff was very friendly and the room was AMAZING. Very modern and updated. Breakfast was good with many choices. I would move into this hotel if i could!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
I wanted to send you a quick message to first thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel. Guest feedback is so important to our success and bettering our team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is new with a modern design and in a great location. Very nice to be able to walk through JW Marriott and use the skywalk to get numerous places without going outside. Unfortunately, the hotel was at capacity two of the nights we stayed and it appeared they were understaffed, especially for breakfast. Both Saturday and Sunday mornings the breakfast line was long because of a bad design, only one place for plates, one toaster and everything is crammed together in one line. Two staff were working hard to keep up, but still kept running out of plates, utensils, and food. Monday morning was much less busy and was a much better experience. We planned on using the pool, but it's very small and was always busy so we didn't. We would stay there again, but if they were full I'd find someplace else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Wonderful Stay! I have yet to complain about a Marriott stay. I love Marriott!
The Hotel is updated very nicely. It is clean and comfortable. The room we stayed in had a good layout. There was a great variety of breakfast food to choose. The staff is happy to serve and actually smile.

Room Tip: Street was a little noisy at times.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I wanted to thank you for posting such a glowing review of your recent stay with us at the Springhill Suites Indianapolis Downtown. Everything mentioned in your post is a key to our success and I love to see those assets shine through. Our goal is to have every guest leave as satisfied with their stay as you did!

Best Regards
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My family and I booked the hotel for a weekend getaway. The hotel is close to the Children's Museum and within walking distance of the Zoo and NCAA Hall of Champions (all places we wanted to visit). The hotel offers a NICE breakfast for FREE which was nice since we had to pay $23 a a night to park there. The hotel isn't dirty, but the cleaning staff didn't make it to our room and we saw some trash in the hallways.

If you have kids and want to check out the pool - they do have one. It is rated for 15 people max so it is pretty small. Even crazier is that the pool is shared with and adjacent Marriott property.

Overall the rooms were large as this is a 'business suite' type hotel with a good breakfast. If you want more you may want to consider another place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Marr601, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, November 5, 2012

Delightfully

Rensselaer, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had had a reservation for over two days on two queen beds. Upon arrival we were told we had a king size bed because that's what we reserved. I had my confirmation email with me. Then they had to look me up and tell me they changed my room type that morning. I was told that a reservation is really just a request of what type of room you want but there are no guarantees you will get that. Seriously?! Then why bother. They had sold a block of queen rooms so they needed to change my room. What's one customer compared to a whole block! I do not recommend this hotel if you need a certain type or number of beds. Also, the bathroom just has a sliding door. You can hear everything in the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I hope you will accept our sincere apologies if you feel you were not treated with the utmost respect during your recent stay. Guest feedback is very important to our success and bettering our team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay. If you would like to discuss these issues further please feel free to contact me.

Noblesville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I loved this place. Modern and well appointed. Convenient to downtown. Valet parking reasonable. Check-in parking a little crowded. This will be my preferred place to stay in downtown Indy and I will look for this hotel when I travel.

Room Tip: No bad rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Marr601, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, October 29, 2012

Delightfully
Director of Sales and Marketing

Been to SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!