“Super clean, modern hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown

You added SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #41 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cleveland
“Super clean, modern hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed at the SpringHill for one night on our way home. Tired after a week of hotels, we were happy to find a super clean room with modern decor, a quiet air conditioner, a large L-shaped comfortable couch, and a bed that didn't bounce. The set-up of the room is very convenient, with 2 sinks and a separate toilet; however, as someone else pointed out, the toilet door provides visual but not auditory privacy. The hotel is connected by skyways to the rest of Indianapolis' huge convention area, so there's no need to be on the streets as long as you get back by 11 PM. In the morning long lines form at the breakfast buffet, but those are for waffles - if you don't want a waffle you can go past the lines to get other food. A heads up: many of the local restaurants ask if all members of your party are over 21. Some will let you in and seat you away from the bar area, others will not let you in at all. One of the Irish restaurants would not let us in to have dinner because our 20 1/2 yr old son was with us.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I was looking at the Marriott website, I chose Springhill suites for its location and price. Springhill suites is connected to two other Marriott hotels. There is plenty of parking, you don't have to valet your car to save a couple of dollars. I have to admit it was a little confuseing when trying to exit from the indoor parking lot. Parking your car is $23.00 a day for self-park. The hotel itself is new, from what the website said I believe it was built 2010. So it is modern, bright and airy it is not a fancy hotel. There is a continental breakfast for free in the morning. Beware of the waffle maker there is only one and you have make it yourself. By pouring the batter mix in the waffle maker and it take four minutes. So at times there is a line for it and whats taking so long looks from people. The rooms are nice and modern good in size. Their are sliding doors, ipod radio, and a flatscreen t.v. Also a small area for working in and a sofa. Microwave and small fridge in the room. There is a seperate washroom and a seperate bathroom with no exhaust vent. So if you use a lot of hot water be prepared for a sauna in your room for a couple of minutes. It is in a great location with parks within view from my 12th floor room. TGI Fridays within the hotel area. Tip if you go to TGI go outside the hotel, instead of going thru a maze of halls within the three hotel complex. The pool is small the shallow height is 3ft and the max depth is 4ft. Good for people and children that don't know how to swim. There is no hot tub which was a suprise. The workout room is modern and open 24hrs a day. Customer service is great and hotel clean without the wear and tear for a hotel after a couple of years. Great hotel and great location for the price without the JW Marriott price which it is connected to.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Marr601, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Springhill Suites by Marriott Downtown and had a great experience with our staff and service. We appreciate your business and the great review and look forward to welcoming you back

Delightfully,
Cape Girardeau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Stayed one night a couple of weeks ago with my boys and husband. Loved this place! It was right across the street from 2 museums and the canal. It was so pretty and modern. Our room was great! I loved the separate shower and toilet area. I didnt get to check out the breakfast. My only concern was I thought Springhill Suites had 2 tv's in the rooms, but apparently they are changing this. I am disappointed about this because that was great when you had children, there could be options. We walked along the canal, which was clean and beautiful. Greatly recommend renting a paddle boat and paddling up and down the canal-we did it-it was FUN!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

We stayed as a couple here without our kids for one night. We had a room with a tub. He asked if I had a room preference and I said, a room with a view. He gave me room 1241. It had a tub, with a bar to hold to get in. I'm not sure if it was rated handicapped or not. So if you have kids and want to stay here, there you go. And the room definitely had a nice view.

Everything about the room was really nice. We went to a concert in the park. We had been waiting in line and been outside for almost 6 hours. It felt really good to come back to such a nice inviting space. The shower was great. We had nice glass cups. Breakfast was awesome with things that usually aren't offered, such as oatmeal with walnuts, and berry sauce for the waffles. We liked the split bathrooms okay. The tv placement while not super ideal was not bothersome and I can see why its placed in the middle like that.

This is such a nice place and location that I had to decide if it would be a place I would travel with my kids. I might during the week. It was a Friday around 3 when we arrived. My kids like the pool, but are hesitant about water. The pool while nice, and smaller, and shared with the courtyard next door. There were about five late teen boys in the area. The stairs are right when you walk in. We would not have felt comfortable trying to relax in there. The next morning it was more empty. Get to breakfast early. We arrived a little after 730 am on a Saturday to eat. When we came back to the lobby for wifi at around 840 it was teeming with people from various groups getting ready for their day. The seating was filled in the breakfast area and couch area. It was a nice area though. It held everyone nicely and they had games for the kids.

PARKING -

I was a little worried about the whole parking situation. I knew I could leave my car with the valet, but I wanted to try to park it myself. The entrance to the garage is RIGHT past the place where you would pull into the valet area, right around that corner, you drive right down into the garage. Which way to go when it the garage was not clearly marked . The only signage when we fist pulled in was a color coded level indicator telling you where to park depending on what hotel you were staying in. We were level green. Well we got to stay right on the bottom but there was limited signage saying PARK, or EXIT. There was some on the way out, but I think it be more clearly labeled. At one point when we pulled in, we weren't sure we were even in a real parking spot because there were not lines on both sides. We moved next to a pillar on the lower level. At 530 they had the garage closed off with barricades not allowing people to enter, I assume it was full. We parked with the intention of not driving again until we left so it was fine.

Food -

Plenty of food. We went to Friday's and it was really good. We also saw their employee's delivering food. We walked past the Bistro area and there was Starbucks sign but we didn't go there. The coffee at breakfast was also the best I have had at a hotel.

WIFI

Go to the lobby first for wifi, and I think then with the passcode you can get it in your room from their website. Also it is free wired in your room.

What to do -
Go to the Indiana State Museum across the screen. It is only 14.00 for a couple and worth it. We had a nice morning there. The park outside is also gorgeous.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, 1241.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We stayed here for a weekend getaway and had a great time. The rooms are comfortable; however, the bathroom does not have a bathtub and the shower/sink is separated from the toilet/sink (and no, the sink is not very big or deep, so families with toddlers who don't do showers may want to bring their own basin or travel tub for bathing). Staff were very warm and friendly.

There is valet parking, however, it wasn't always readily available when we pulled in; the hotel is adjacent to Courtyard Marriott, so I think they may share valet services (they share parking garage, too, I believe). The hotel entrance is a bit tricky to maneuver and gets quickly backed up so you may want to just park your car in the parking garage and go check in, rather than try to pull into the valet/entrance loop (especially during heavy traffic hours).

Room Tip: Look online, ask about special packages
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

Conveniently located - very clean - trendy and comfortable. Great for business travel and walking distance to DT

I had lunch across the street at the museum cafe 'sky city cafe' on my first day and became violently ill. Thankfully the Springhill suites is fully equipped with bottled water, Gatorate, Immodium AD, and Aleve.

I was down for the count for about 24 hours, but made it to meetings on the 2nd & 3rd day. On my last day: a chocolate bar, bottle of water, and bottle of Gatorade were waiting in my room with a note wishing me well.

It was so nice of them to go above and beyond to ensure I had a positive experience in Indy. The Sky City Cafe on the other hand? Go there if you want to barf 25 times and have your butt explode for days.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Marr601, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, May 19, 2011

Delightfully,
Villa Hills, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

While I have stayed in other Indianapolis Marriott properties, this was my first stay at the Springhill downtown. The location is near the convention center and shopping but would require a little walk, however there are walkways connecting a lot of it. If you are planning on visiting the zoo, this would be a great location. The hotel is fairly new which is reflected in the modern decor. The driveway is very small and shared by the Courtyard Marriott. Valet parking was available and service prompt and friendly. Checkin was quick and the staff was very helpful and pleasant. The room was a little different than other Springhill Suites in that there were two sinks, a small one in a room with the toilet and another large vanity in a room with the shower. When traveling with a family, we found this to be a nice change as several members could be getting ready at once. Other amenities which we enjoy are the free internet, microwave and refrigerator, as well as the sitting area with a desk. Another perk is that breakfast is included. While we have found other hotels to be cramped in the breakfast area, this hotel seems to have taken this into account and expanded the eating and lobby area to make the experience more pleasant. The breakfast options were varied and plentiful and included breads, pastries, yogurts, hot and cold cereal as well as fruit, waffles, meat and eggs. Another unusual treat was that the breakfast area had attendants that assisted with anything you needed as well as cleanup.While most of our stay was pleasant, there were however two negatives about the hote,. First, the indoor pool was very cool. We had looked forward to letting our toddler swim but could only sit on the steps since the water was not warm enough. Secondly, I left an adapter for a charger plugged in at the desk in our room. I called the hotel within 24 hours to see if they could retrieve this for me and I would pick it up during another visit to the area. I was told that they would notify housekeeping who would let me know if they found the item. When I didn't hear anything back, I again called two days later and re-explained the problem to someone at the desk. I was assured that she would personally look into it and let me know one way or another. I never received a call. While I realize it is my fault that I left the item, it seems that it would have been easy enough to simply check and see if the adapter was still in the outlet or check with housekeeping. I would have appreciated a call even if nothing was found. While the customer service was great during the stay, I feel it fell a little short once we walked out the door.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Marr601, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, April 25, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our Hotel.

I apologize about your experience regarding the delay in response. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn’t helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for any issues you had and would like to personally handle the issue for you. Please feel free to call the hotel and ask to speak to me directly (Nikki Thomas). I will promptly investigate the issue and give you a response within 24 hours.

Regards,
Director of Sales and Marketing

Been to SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!