“GREAT place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Los Angeles, California
“GREAT place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel about 10 minutes outside downtown Indianapolis. The rooms are lovely and the staff is amazing. Once you have been greeted by Meg & Natalie at the front desk you just won't want to leave. They will also direct you to the great kocal restaurants. Want the best cookies ever? Just see Kenny the chef and even if they are all gone from the lovely afternoon coffee and cookie offering he will put a new batch in the oven just for you. Why pay hundreds of dollars extra to stay downtown when you can stay in this friendly home away from home for so much less?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HGIIndyGrnwd, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We are happy to hear that your stay went above your expectations! We will pass along your comments to everyone you mentioned personally in your comment! We do look forward to having you back with us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Greenwood, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I booked a room in this hotel for my boyfriend's B'day who lives out of state. I had an amazing time and he absolutely loved it. The room was very fresh and clean. The AC was already running when we got to the room and it felt really nice since it was 90 degrees outside. The bathroom was super clean and had everything that we needed. I got the "all you can eat" breakfast which had a good variety of items and we loved it. Will def come back again. The staff was very nice and friendly as well :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We hope that your boyfriend's birthday was an enjoyable one! We are glad to know that we were part of your celebration! We look forward to having you stay with us again for another special occasion!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I would definitely recommend staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and courteous. My room was immaculate and very comfortable. HBO and internet access provided at no additional charge.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your stay with us! We look forward to having you back when your travels bring you to the Indy Metro area!
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I work in the Indianapolis area and stay in Hilton properties there 2-3 times per month. On this particular stay all hotels in the area were full and the only room available at the Hilton Garden was room 502 - a handicap accessible suite with a fireplace and whirlpool tub. It was excessive for what I needed, but I had a meeting the next morning, needed to sleep somewhere, and took the room.
I checked in around 5pm, did work on the bed on my computer, and went to bed around 1am. At 3am, I couldn't sleep and got up to use the restroom, only to find bug bites down my calves and on my ankles. I called down to the front desk who said they had no other rooms available to switch me too. The department I was visiting at a local hospital didn't open until 7am, and there was not a chance I was getting back into the bed to be munched on more, so I packed up my things and drove back to Chicago at 3:30 in the morning. I asked the lady at the front desk to have the manager call me.
Due to construction and then hitting morning traffic, it took me 5 hours to get home,driving through the night on barely any sleep. I had to read up on how to de-bug my luggage when I got home, missed my work meeting, not to mention had itchy/stingy weeping bites down my legs.. I guess you could say I wasn't having the best day.
Imagine my surprise when I get an e-mail (not a phone call) from the General Manager, Hamid, with a picture of a receipt from an exterminator that said "No activity found" and a message stating, "hopefully the attached document will give you peace of mind."
I called Hamid back to discuss - he felt that the because the exterminator said there was no activity, there "were absolutely no bugs or animals" in my room that night, maybe I was having an allergic reaction to the detergent (ha!), they had just rented the room out the night before without any issues, so obviously it was not their fault and he was going to charge me for the room.
But wait, it gets worse. Now imagine a man shouting the above paragraph to a woman who has not slept and has just had my experience, in an disrespectful, demeaning, defensive manor. I was shaking (both my body and my voice) and crying because I was so sad and frustrated. I can honestly say, I have never been so offended and emotionally upset by someone that I don't have a personal relationship with in my whole life. When I tried to tell him, "I'm not trying to scam you, I'm a gold member I stay in Indianapolis a few times a month for years..." He responded, "Well I'm DIAMOND member, I don't care..." My Husband then took the phone from me - scared I was going to lose it and because he realized this conversation wasn't going anywhere. He calmly asked Hamid who his boss was and if he could have his/her contact information. Hamid gave a name, said to look up the contact info in the directory, and hung up the phone (he may have been disconnected, but if that was the case, he didn't call back).
I called the Hilton Honors customer service and spoke to a very nice understanding woman who said she was glad I reported this and was going to do her best to help with the situation, and that I would be contacted by someone from their hotel within 72 hours. I e-mailed Hamid the pictures of my bites, to hold next to his picture of a receipt saying "no activity." Not surprisingly, he never called me back, not within 72 hours, not in the month since I stayed there.
It took 2.5 weeks for the bites to go away. The picture that I posted is from 3 days after.
I did receive a call from Hilton's insurance company who said they were forwarded the pictures. Apparently since I didn't collect the bugs from the sheets or see a doctor, there isn't anything they can do for me.
In summary, I understand that these things happen. It's not always what happens though, it's how you respond to it, and I'm not sure this situation could have been handled any worse by the management staff at the Hilton Garden. If you do stay at this hotel, I hope you have a wonderful stay, because if you don't, you likely won't get your problem resolved and might get driven to tears in the process. Also in case you, like me, hadn't educated yourself on what to do if you get bit by bugs during a hotel stay, collect the bugs and visit the doctor. Otherwise, how can you (even if you're a licensed medical professional with a doctorate degree) prove that those itchy bites on your legs aren't an allergic reaction to the detergent?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
hiltonsouth, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Marchionda – I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding and I want you to know that it was never my intention to be offensive when dealing with your complaint. Our company takes all complaints of bed bugs very seriously and takes every precaution to ensure that our hotel is free of pests. Our company standard practice is to contact a third party pest control company to inspect any room that is suspected to have a problem and we depend on their professional training to determine if there is a problem. Every room in the hotel is inspected daily by our housekeeping staff that has been fully trained to look for any evidence of bed bugs, inspected again by an inspector before being put in the system as ready to rent. In addition, our company requires that every bed is thoroughly inspected monthly by our maintenance staff. We also have a corporate inspector who comes monthly and any score less than 97% is considered failure. As you can see, we take every opportunity to ensure that we are offering clean and pest free rooms to all of our guests. When the pest control company determined there was no evidence of pests in the room you had occupied, I thought that perhaps you were experiencing and allegoric reaction to our laundry soaps only in effort to help determine what else might have happened. My goal in sharing the pest control report with you was to ensure you that we had taken actions and that we had not just assumed there wasn’t a problem.

I would like to personally apologize for offending you, as stated previously that was never my intention, my goal was to share what actions had been taken and the results of the third party inspection.
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn was one of the most pleasant experiences we have had staying at a hotel during our summer travels! We just switched loyalty from another popular hotel chain to Hilton and now wonder why we waited so long!! We will never stay at anything other then a Hilton property again. And this Hilton Garden Inn is right at the top oif the list!! Clean, friendly and secure. And all of the staff was more then kind. They liked their jobs and were happy to accommodate our needs. Breakfast, with the Bed and Breakfast plan, was wonderful. Like any good breakfast restaurant, but here, the service was impeccable!! We would definitely revisit this hotel our next time through the area!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIIndyGrnwd, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
We are very happy to hear that we "made the switch" worth it! The bed and breakfast rate is a great deal and the all you can eat cooked to order breakfast you cannot beat! We look forward to seeing you again real soon!
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel was very nice. It appears practically brand new, but I believe it is 4-5 years old (as of 9/2013). Staff was vey helpful and courteous. The breakfast is not included in your room price, but was not overpriced. I would certainly recommend this hotel and others like it based on my experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIIndyGrnwd, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
We are glad to hear that you took advantage of the cooked to order breakfast! For only $9.95 a fresh cracked egg omelet, hash browns or many of the other great menu items and your beverages is a great deal, especially since it is all you can eat! We do hope to see you again soon!
Tecumseh, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and we it was a very nice visit. Very clean, friendly staff and nice pool although the light in the pool fell out and was floating in the water by the wire. We called and it was fixed very quickly. We would stay here again on our return visit in three months.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We are so sorry about the pool light popping out during your stay. Even though it did it was completely safe but happy to hear that our maintenance associates repaired it quickly! We look forward to your return visit with us!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood? Share your experiences!