This was my first time in the Greenwood area and not accustomed to the weather conditions. I rented a regular full size car from Hertz. The parking lot on the morning of Friday 2/22/2013 was all iced over from the sleet from the night before. I went to the parking lot after checking out and fell due to the icyness of the parking lot. When I backed out of the parking lot the car was sliding back due to the icyness. I would expect the staff of the hotel to do something to make the parking lot safe for their customers. I also have to mention that I left the hotel at around 9AM which would be plenty of time for the staff to either put salt on the parking lot or deice the parking lot. Another issue was in my bathroom the the shower knob to adjust the tempature of the water was loose. I would turn on the shower and have the knob turned to around the 3 o'clock position which was of a perfect tempature. I would shower for almost 45 seconds to a minute and the shower knob would slower turn up to the 12 o'clock position which was too hot and nearly burned me. I told the staff of the issue on Wednesday. I checked into the room late Sunday night. I had the same issue until I checked out Friday. I notified the staff of the issue every morning after my shower from Wed - Fri. All they would tell me is that they would have someone come take a look at it. I'm truly disappointed with the service of staff, quality of working shower knobs and parking lot maintenance on icy days. I currently have another trip booked for Boise, ID but this trip at the Hampton Inn which is another Hilton Hotel. I'm currently looking for another room because I don't want to deal with any similar issues.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood Hotel Indianapolis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood is located at I-65 exit 101, 10 minutes from downtown Indianapolis, 5 minutes from the Greenwood Park Mall and 15 minutes from the airport.Rooms feature a spacious work desk, a microwave, refrigerator, and 32 inch flat-screen TVs. Whirlpool suites, an indoor pool and hot tub are also available. The hotel offers a business center, free wireless internet, and the Garden Grille serving breakfast, dinner, and room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.