“Horrible time” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 183 hotels in Indianapolis
Houston, Texas
“Horrible time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my first time in the Greenwood area and not accustomed to the weather conditions. I rented a regular full size car from Hertz. The parking lot on the morning of Friday 2/22/2013 was all iced over from the sleet from the night before. I went to the parking lot after checking out and fell due to the icyness of the parking lot. When I backed out of the parking lot the car was sliding back due to the icyness. I would expect the staff of the hotel to do something to make the parking lot safe for their customers. I also have to mention that I left the hotel at around 9AM which would be plenty of time for the staff to either put salt on the parking lot or deice the parking lot. Another issue was in my bathroom the the shower knob to adjust the tempature of the water was loose. I would turn on the shower and have the knob turned to around the 3 o'clock position which was of a perfect tempature. I would shower for almost 45 seconds to a minute and the shower knob would slower turn up to the 12 o'clock position which was too hot and nearly burned me. I told the staff of the issue on Wednesday. I checked into the room late Sunday night. I had the same issue until I checked out Friday. I notified the staff of the issue every morning after my shower from Wed - Fri. All they would tell me is that they would have someone come take a look at it. I'm truly disappointed with the service of staff, quality of working shower knobs and parking lot maintenance on icy days. I currently have another trip booked for Boise, ID but this trip at the Hampton Inn which is another Hilton Hotel. I'm currently looking for another room because I don't want to deal with any similar issues.

Room Tip: Don't get room 213, if you do watch out for the shower knob it's loose and will scold you.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HGIIndyGrnwd, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us during your stay. I did pull the maintenance log for your room and it showed that they did repair the shower knob but from what you say it did not fully take effect. After you departed and informed me at the front desk that day maintenance once again went to the room and since no other guests that have stayed in that room has mentioned the issue again.

As for the weather, the parking lot and sidewalks were pretreated the night before and was in the process of being done when you checked out the following morning. The sidewalks were done by myself and maintenance and the parking lot was plowed and salted. I know that you departed before all the items done the next morning after you departed.

In an email I sent to you, since your company paid for your room with us I did forward to you a Be My Guest certificate which is good at any Hilton Garden Inn property. I do hope that you will give our property another try when your travels bring you to the Indianapolis Metro area!

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Rensselaer, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn was exactly what I expected: clean, nicely decorated with pleasant staff. It has a hot-tub by the pool, a fitness room, and a laundry room. The rooms were very clean and well equipped with mini-fridge, microwave and coffee-maker. They left extra towels when asked.
Meeting expectations with no surprises is always a good thing! We love those selct-comfort beds too!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the hotel! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Snooze Your Snooze beds!

I read that we met your expectations...we sure would have loved to been able to went above your expectations though! Please let us know what we could have done to ensure that on your next visit with us!
Chihuahua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Located in the south side of Indianapolis, it is very conveniently located near the I70. You are just about 15 to 20 minutes from both downtown and the IND airport. The hotel is like brand new, and there are lot of options around to have dinner or a drink after business. The restaurant in the hotel is very good, and the exercise facilities are in excellent conditions too. Rooms are nice and quiet. Personnel is nice and fast.

• Stayed February 2013
We are glad that you had a great experience with us! We look forward to your next visit!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stay at many HGI and though not a 10 it was a pleasant stay. The employees are not friendly so don't expect any smiles with one exception Dana the bartender/server who handled a lot of customers flawlessly with humor and a smile, plus she makes a fantastic Mai tai !!! The hotel was spotless and rooms sound proof (our room was across from the pool) we never heard a sound. We had dinner and drinks and the food was fantastic, which is very hard to find in a hotel. There is a very nice Kroger across the street and other shops nearby, I will being staying here again, just not expecting smiles.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I am glad to hear that you had a nice stay with us and was able to enjoy the atmosphere in our restaurant and lounge! I will be sure to pass along to Dana about her Mai Tai!

I am curious on what associates you feel were not that friendly? We strive to ensure all our guests are always welcomed.

Thank you once again for your stay with us and the review and we look forward to your next visit with us!
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Staff was exceptional. Nice hotel, good value, very well located. There were plenty of restaurants and coffee shops in the area, but the hotel had a nice restaurant and coffee shop that met our needs. The hotel manager checked us out when we departed and was so extremely professional and nice that if I had had any doubts about returning, he would have eliminated them all.

Room Tip: Our room 207 smelled a bit stale...but overall the hotel was nice, clean and the staff was excellent...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are glad to hear that you have a very pleasant experience with us! I will be sure to pass along your review with all of our associates!

As for your room, we have went into that room and cleaned thoroughly to remove any stale odors which you experienced. We always want every room to be smelling fresh at all times for our guests!

Thank you for the review and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Galien
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

An awesome experience; the staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was clean and the furnishings were up to date. The lobby was beautiful. Plenty of restaurants in the area to choose from and even a Kroger across the street. Great tasting cookies in the evening.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are glad to hear that you had an "awesome" stay with us!

Thank you for your review and we look forward to being your hotel of choice when you travels bring you back to the Indianapolis Metro area!
Highlands, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed there for five days while our son had surgery and then recuperated after the surgery. We were harried and stressed. We had a lot of special requests due to our son's incapacity. I cannot begin to list all the kindnesses they showed us. They went above and beyond and appeared anxious to help in any way they could. Each day, they all made a point to ask how our son was doing and reminded us to be sure to let them know if we needed anything at all. The property is very nice but the quality of those ladies and gentlemen working there is superlative. When we go back for post surgical follow up, we will not consider staying elsewhere. We cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood? Share your experiences!