“Bed stunk from excretement” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Dollar Inn - Indianapolis

Dollar Inn - Indianapolis
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Indianapolis
Dollar Inn - Indianapolis
You added Dollar Inn - Indianapolis to your Saves list
6331 Crawfordsville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46224   |
Ranked #160 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
visitor
“Bed stunk from excretement”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

The sheets stunk from a previous guest who did number 2 in the bed. It was extremely noticeable after I removed the covers.I gaged several times from it (into toilet).I refused to stay and they refused to refund even after I called the police. Later, when I tried to call a mgr..no one would return calls or answer phone. I wish I would have taken pictures because you could see it.

• Liked — I learned that the motel across the street was safer and recommended by police
  • Disliked — room was unusable do to excretement stain and smell in the bed. They had the audacity not to give me a refund when I refused to stay in it!! Management would not return calls!!
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
indianapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2007

the room to this place was so dirty and the towels were dirty and it had a lot of roaches running around very nasty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iam going to go the the board of health about this place and get it shut down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont go to a dollar inn if you are looking for a nice clean place to stay. i paid for roaches and dirt. I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND THEN SOME !!!

• Liked — there was nothing good about this place
  • Disliked — being dirty and the staff was very rude !!!!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Muncie, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2007

I came down to Indianapolis to stay since I was visiting friends, checked into my room which wasn't too bad. Around 10 til 1a, the door knob to my room was rattling. I got up and peeked through the blinds, and a black guy was picking my lock. He actually did get the lock open and started to open my door. I slammed myself against the door and he ran off. I called the office and the guy didn't give two cents that it happened. I packed up my stuff and got in my car, parked in front of the office and demanded a refund. I was told I'll have to talk to the manager in the morning. I called the police to file a report, and after waiting two hours, I was told by an officer that no report is needed and that it happens a lot at the Shadeland Ave Dollar Inn. I called back numerous times Monday morning/afternoon and the manager was always "unavailable." We'll see what happens, but if nothing is done at that location, I'm going to find out my rights and get the place shut down for good.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2006

When I made an attempt to rent a room at this hotel I was confronted by the desk clerk who laughed in my face because I thought the raising of prices at race time was just a little outrageous. The desk clerk was very rude and obnoxious. I was told that everybody raises their prices during the races and the advertised price of 29.95 a room per night would not be given. Instead the room charge was to be 40.00 a night.

The customer prior to me was being treated very rudely when I arrived and she eventually refused to stay. After I received the same treatment I began to think that this was the normal for this particular hotel. Since I am a resident of the Indianapolis area I was disgusted to think that a company would treat customers in this fashion and blame it on the race. Want a good night's stay? Stay somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2006

Dirty; non-functional smoke detectors, missing fire extinguishers. I observed a female I had never met before attempt to invite herself into my room.

The "Family Friendly" review restriction does not allow any other discussion.

Do not stay here.

Stayed January 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2006

Absolutely Terrible hotel! Our neighbors were walking around outside in their underwear with their clothes hanging over the banister. The sheets were bloody and when we tried to get another room they told us no refunds and gave us sheets with stains on them. We ended up sleeping over top a blanket stored in our car! Don't even let me start about the pee stained bathrooms and broken lights!

• Stayed August 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2005

Oh my, where to begin. We were driving through Indy and just to tired to keep going so we stopped at the next exit and got THE DOLLAR INN, I felt like norman bates was going to come out any minute. the clerk was busy chatting with friends (who were drinking out of a bottle covered in a brown bag...I kid you not.) We took our key and began walking to our room. Half the lights were burnt out on the side of the building. the door to our room was dirty, and looked like someone had tried to bash it in at some point. we opened the door and the over powering stench of urin and who knows what else hit us. turning on the light made everything ten times worse. I doubt they EVER clean. the beds had the covers pulled up but you could tell that someone had slept on them. the bathroom was so bad I'm not going to even get into it.
Next door you could hear fighting and crying. Enough was enough...we left. bought coffee and continued on our way.

Stayed July 2005

Been to Dollar Inn - Indianapolis? Share your experiences!