“Our favorite place in Indy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of OAKLEY'S Bistro

OAKLEY'S Bistro
1464 W. 86th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46260-2181 (Washington)
317 824 1231
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
OAKLEY'S Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 2,029 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, French, Bistro
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Washington
Cross street: 86th & Ditch Road
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Our favorite place in Indy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

My girlfriend and I take our dinner experience seriously, and Oakley's makes for the true dinner experience! The dishes are diverse and well-designed. The wrapped scallops are a personal favorite. The service if phenomenal and well-paced. I would recommend as your next nice night out.

Indianapolis
“No comparison”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2008

I'm not a big foodie, but I try to do my eating out in independent restaurants. I've been to Oakley's three times, and each time has been a delight. Instead of just eating, your meal is an experience. You admire the beauty of the dish, analyze the construction, then destroy it in order to savor the nuances of flavor. I've not eaten at any restaurant, US or overseas, that left me with such a satisfied feeling. As if I'd just discovered joy. Restaurants in the same price range cannot compare. Oakley's is a gem in the Midwest.

Chicago area
“OUTSTANDING gem in a strip mall setting!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

I've had the opportunity to dine in some extraordinary restaurants all over the world. When you travel nearly every week for work, dinners tend to run together, and it takes a truly memorable meal and experience to stand out from the pack. A recent dinner at Oakley's truly stands out as one of the finest meals I've had in years. The menu is intriguing, Everything we had was excellent in both taste and presentation, the wine list is extraordinary, and the wait staff attentive without being overbearing. It was good enough that I'm planning a return trip to Indianapolis (from Chicago) for the sole reason of dining at Oakley's again. It is away from the (sometimes) crowded downtown, and convenient to Butler Univ. and the Carmel area. I can't wait to return.

houston
“very good restaurant you don't have to get all decked out for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

The restaurant is located in a strip mall in the north part of the city but the strip mall and area are very nice. White table cloths and wine glasses on the table. Would recommend reservations for the weekend for sure, the place filled up very quickly on Friday night. The suckling pig appt. was wonderful as well as the entree of meat loaf, lamb and rib-eye fillet. Service was efficient enough but wait for food is a little longer than average. Wine by the glass ranging from $ 6 and up. Entrees start at $21 to $28.

Would go back again.

chicago il
“delicious ,special ,thoughtfully prepared food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2007

The food was excellent. My family and I arrived on a Saturday night from Chicago and I have to say I was impressed. The fusion of the freshest ingredients was outstanding. I ordered the duck breast and it was cooked perfectly.Our sever Chris H was attentive and efficent without being intrusive.The only weakness was that bread was on the dry side. Huge wine list.