“Excellent Lunch Choices for a Group” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
One South
One South Capitol Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
One South is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #320 of 2,080 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Greenwood, Indiana
“Excellent Lunch Choices for a Group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

One of my colleagues and I frequent One South several times a year and we encourage two others to go with us.

I is a great place for casual or business lunches. The hostess is always friendly and we always get immediate seating. There are both a lunch buffet or separate meals that can be ordered. The buffet is wonderful as you get a small salad selection, a made to order hot pasta bar (30 different options for your your pasta, sauce and mix ins) with a friendly chef, bread, a dessert selection and a drink.

We always have fast and friendly service and this time was no exception.

This place is an incredible deal if you use the buy one get one free lunch coupons in the Discover Indy restaurant and entertainment book.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Shelbyville, Indiana, United States
“Buffett Style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Our dinner and dessert was very good. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone staying in the hotel.

Visited January 2013
Greenwood, Indiana
“A Great Downtown Lunch Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Located in the Hyatt Hotel this restraunt is an unexpected good find for lunch.

The decor is modern and has nice music playing making it a good place for a working lunch.

The service that my co-worker and I received from the time that we were greeted by the hostess through the server's service was all friendly and welcoming. The server was attentive without being overly attentive.

My co-worker and I both had the pasta bar. This includes drink, salad bar (adequate, but not a huge selection), pasta bar (a hug selection from the pasta, sauces, meats, vegetables, herbs, etc.) and dessert (bread pudding the day that I was there) and the price is $14 for all you can eat and drink. You can usually find coupons for buy 1 get 1 free in the Discovery Book (formerly known as the zoo book) and I believe that the Entertainment Book also has a similar coupon.

For a downtown lunch that is not fast food, the price and quality is wonderful.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Best made to order pasta in Indy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Because I work downtown, I receive a 25% discount, which makes the price more in the acceptable range for lunch. I am pretty picky and a vegetarian, but still find plenty to eat. Everything is fresh. They make the pasta dish right in front of you. My only complaint is not being able to have a good view of the items you pick from. I am 5'7' and I have to stretch and still have to ask the chef what is there. They need to put up a mirror or post a list. The poor chef has to answer the same questions from every person. No matter what I have chosen it has been fresh and delicious. My coworkers love mixing the marinara and Alfredo sauces together. They also rave about the banana bread dessert. (Usually they have only one dessert item.)
The salad bar selection is not that great. I would prefer some more standard items be available such as carrots, celery and raisins. They so have really good freshly grated Parmesan and the lettuce is always very fresh.
Wait staff is ok. Have had great service and ok service on different visits. The decor is very nice, upscale and modern. It is a great place for a working lunch, or meeting. If you have a group, you can call ahead for a private room.
If you go on a weekday, get there early or late if you want the pasta bar. It takes time to special order each pasta dish, with only one chef, the line can get long.
Definitely recommend this place.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Indiana
“Stopped in for lunch, discovered a wonderful "made to order" pasta bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was treating a friend from New York to lunch, and I suggested we try One South. Uniquely, they offer a "made to order" pasta bar. (Think "made to order omelet but with pasta). The chef engaged each client and a wide array of pastas, sauces, meats and vegetables are mixed, cooked then served. A real treat for $14, including beverage and, if you work downtown, you receive a 25 % discount. (Not 10%, a full one-quarter off your bill). This is a breakfast and lunch place and I hope to return soon. Highly recommended. (Excellent, courteous staff, too).

Visited August 2012