“great food, comfortable environment” 5 of 5 stars

5694 North Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46208
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Meridian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 2,023 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 57th
Carmel, Indiana
“great food, comfortable environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is an upscale restaurant in a residential area, and it has a very comfortable, unpretentious decor. I particularly like it for lunch as it is much more affordable, but I always like the food. They have good appetizers, great salads (the one with watermelon is almost artwork), and a number of great entrees (l like the chicken enchiladas at lunch and the seafood at dinner). The donuts are always great for dessert as they are easy to share.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Best in Indy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We have friends who literally live right across the street, so anytime we are in Indy, we naturally have to stop bye. I always go with the steak option and it has never let me down. My family usually selects the freshest seafood choice, generally a salmon of sorts and they are always thrilled. If your in Indy, make a stop at Meridian.

Visited May 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Worth every dollar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The ambience was very warm and cozy. Simple but elegant. Service was impeccable, with a personalized feel. Fried oysters for appetizers were to die for. For my main dish, I had the 2 way duck. If you wish to probe your gustatory senses, then this is a dish that you should not miss .The prices were a little on the high side, but you definitely get what you pay for. And it was definitely worth it!

Toronto, Canada
“Second visit even better than the first!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We recently revisited Meridian, having enjoyed a wonderful dinner there last year. You often wonder if your great first experience has somehow become exaggerated in your recollection, and wonder whether a return visit would be a let-down. Not so in this case!
We highly recommend the chef special, which our server, Erica?, advised. The Walleye with Romescu was perfect, lightly crisp on the outside and succulent on the inside. So rare to find it cooked so perfectly, and the slightly spicy sauce was a perfect complement. I could go on but, suffice to say, every main, appi or dessert we've had at Meridian reflected chef's elite skills. And service was professional, pleasant and full of great advice that enhanced the dining experience. We're already planning a return visit, even though it's 500 miles away!

Visited May 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“good, simple food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had lunch here yesterday with a group of ten to celebrate a coworker's milestone anniversary. This was my first visit and I walked away quite pleased. Our server Erin was able to recommend items to those who asked and provided us with great service. I ordered the corn puree as my starter and the Chicken Schnitzel which came with mashed potatoes and green beans as my entrée. Both were very good. The puree is a cream based soup. It is very smoky and reminded me of fall. I would not have been able to identify it as corn but enjoyed it all the same. The entrée was attractively plated and satisfying.

• Visited May 2014