Colonel Eli Lilly Civil War Museum - Soldiers & Sailors Monument
Indianapolis, IN (Downtown Indianapolis)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 144 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: A monument built in 1902 as a tribute to the Indiana soldiers who served in the Civil War.
Chicago, Illinois
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Histopry at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is on eof my children's favorite museums to visit - you can do the circle city monument and the musem all together and then grab a treat at south bend chocolate! This one is a must see!

Visited June 2012

New Palestine, Indiana
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Don't Miss the Museum and Monument!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

A wonderful piece of Indiana history thoughtfully preserved! Everyone should visit and take the elevator to the top!

Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Try the stairs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We've been into downtown Indianapolis hundreds of times, but never visited the monument until this month. There was a minimal fee to take the elevator to the top of the monument, but I would have preferred the stairs (my husband didn't feel like climbing though). The wait for the elevator was about 10 minutes, and when we reached the top there was very little room to move around to see all four sides. However, once we were able to maneuver around, the views were pretty good.

Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“historic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

wonderful, different type of museum, enjoyed it very much!
Very nice day so we could see everything and walk around the
town. Everyone we met there was a Civil war buff, so all questions were answered by employees also. Thanks

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Well worth a look out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had some free time one weekend and decided to try this out. I walked by it almost every day while in Indy and wanted to know what it was all about. I decided to pay the minimal fee to get the elevator up but the wait was a little long for it and the elevator was tiny. Once up there the view was great but again it was busy and very warm up there. I decided against waiting to get the elevator down and took the stairs. I an glad I went up there to see it but if you can, wait until its not too busy and definitely do not do this if you are clostraphobic.

Visited May 2012

Travelers who viewed Colonel Eli Lilly Civil War Museum - Soldiers & Sailors Monument also viewed

Been to Colonel Eli Lilly Civil War Museum - Soldiers & Sailors Monument? Share your experiences!