“Worst Hotel ever!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cavalier's Resort & Conference Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Indianapolis
Cavalier's Resort & Conference Center
You added Cavalier's Resort & Conference Center to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   520 East Thompson Road, Indianapolis, IN 46227 (Formerly Ramada Conference Center South)   |
Ranked #156 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Calgary, alberta
“Worst Hotel ever!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2007

Where do I start? The cockroaches, the mould, or my personal favorite the used hypodermic needles we found in our 'upgraded' room.
The front desk help was a 15 year old girl who talked to her boyfriend instead of helping people,and a hotel staff knocked on our door and gave us some 'clean' towels out of a garbage bag and said we were lucky to get them!
I forgot to mention the hugh fist fight amoungst some guests that ended up with someone being thrown through a window.
Cereal at the 'buffett breakfast' was stored in an open cabinet on the floor (that was so sticky you could bearly walk on it) just so the cockroaches wouldn't have to climb too far. Donuts were 3 days old at least.
Don't ever stay here - no matter how cheap it is!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — used needles, cockroaches
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2006

This hotel was the biggest waste of money. Rooms where in terrible shape, and cleaning crew, if you saw them, didn't care. Have to chase them down for towels and even toilet paper. Air doesn't work and heat was on even though it was in the 60's and 70's. Some staff lives on premises and have pets and small kids, as well as cooking all the time, causing smoke to build in hallways, no ventilation to get it out. Desk staff among the most uncaring and rude ever encountered. Do yourself a favor, Sleep in your car.

• Stayed April 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2005

no air................carpet filthy.................gross caulk around tub..........no wake up call...................electrical outlet off wall behind dresser..............no lites above vanity............wouldn't pull back spread or take off our shoes........in a nut shell, a $160.00 shower........Don't bother;(

• Stayed August 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2005

My visit to this motel was during this year Labor Day Weekend.

Upon arriving home from a two night stay, I noticed that I had left my personal pillow at the motel.

Luckly I had picked you one of their business cards with their information listed. Hoping that I might return for another stay.

I first call the 800 number and got a desk clerk and she told me I would have to talk to a Anna. I called the next day, got a desk clerk and asked to speek to Anna. The first clerk gave me the time to call Ann for the next day. In which I did. No Anna. I began to question the second clerk about my pillow. She informed me that house keeping had the pillow, down to the description of the pillow.

This peocedure resulted in NO responce from Anna. Now I e-mailed to the motel telling them the story not once but twice.

As of this date NO responce. Now my wife and myself are planning a four day trip to Indianapolis IN in May of next year.

Guess I'l be looking for a Motel that needs and appreciates my Money.

I still would like to have the pillow!
Alan

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2004

Where do I start....How about having to switch rooms 4 times, finally getting settled at 930pm! Our room along with all others were 85 degrees with NO AIR...well except for the 1/2 working box fan the gave us. Rooms were dirty and appliances did not work(i.e. snot rags in cushions of chairs, broken toilets, broken hairdryers, ect.) And to top things off, the second story floor had windows wide open with NO screens in them along side the hallway that many young children were running up and down. Then when we finally got cooled down enough to sleep, we asked for extra pillows, but never received them. Needless to say, I set my own alarm @ 630am to check out ASAP. Don't waste your money. And don't use Hotels to book your hotel either. We could not even get a refund

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2004

I have always assumed that with the name Ramada, you would get a great room. Not so with this one. The front desk clerk kepts us waiting through 3 very long phone calls even though we had been there first to check in. When we got to the room it was okay but had a very unpleasant smell in spots. I sprayed my perfume to try to mask the odor. The front desk clerk told us the restaurant was open but when we got there the bartender informed us it was closed. The hotel advertised a game and excersize room. Both were closed and locked. The pool was okay. The jacuzzi needed major cleaning! The poolside table we sat at was sticky and had dried food all over it. I had booked this hotel for another night on our return trip but needless to say I cancelled! Never again!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2003

The worst hotel I've been in, without question. Hotel - no. It's more like a motel. The front desk clerk said the conference was "somewhere in those three rooms" and didn't even make any effort to find out where. Her response was "I don't know!"

Ceiling tiles in the bathroom were disgusting. Rust was all over the t-bar holding up the ceiling tiles. The tub was dirty.

They claim it is a 3-star hotel. Hogwash. This is fraudulent misrepresentation. It's a one star motel. A night in your car will be a better decision. The previous poster was correct.

Indianapolis is a beautiful city. The Indianapolis residents are great.
But, as for hotels (motels), stay away from this one.

Been to Cavalier's Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!