“Love Candlewood!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 184 hotels in Indianapolis
Melbourne
“Love Candlewood!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel was great for our 1 night stopover on our way to Chicago. The room was clean and modern and the kitchen was great to cook a basic meal. There were supermarkets within easy driving distance were we picked up food to cook back in the room. I especially loved the laundry was free to use. The hotel also has a pool and spa but we did not have time to use them. The only issue we had at this hotel was that a dog was left unattended for a whole afternoon/night and was not attended to by the owner until 3am. The poor dog barked and barked in turn keeping my husband and I awake all night. I spoke to reception about the issue a couple of time and we were offered to be moved to a different room however this was too inconvenient. This isn't really the hotels fault but was a little annoying that we had paid for the nights accommodation and due to an irresponsible dog owner our nights sleep was ruined!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

If you have never stayed at a Candlewood, you should find out what they are all about before you stay there and especially before you write a review. First of all, it is NOT a destination hotel. It is an extended stay hotel that accepts guests for one night or long term. Their specialty is longer term. That is why they have a food pantry, an equipped kitchen, and a laundry. They are not generally located near amusement parks or even restaurants. They are designed with the business traveller in mind. The expensive real estate right at the exit ramp is saved for full-service hotels with the noisy highway nearby.

This Candlewood is excellent! The laundry is FREE and they have added something new; a lending locker. In it they have tools, table games, lawn chairs, and many other things that would/could come in handy on an extended stay. It is all free, just check the item out at the front desk, and return it when you are done. What a great idea! Customer service at this hotel is a top priority. Every employee greeted us with a friendly "hello".

The room was recently updated and spotless. This will be my hotel of choice when in Indianapolis!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and while it was a decent place to stay and we got a great place, it wasn't convenient to any attractions. If wasn’t for the price we would have easily stayed at another hotel. The hotel had good amenities, like pool, hot tub, free wifi and it even had a kitchenette in the room.

I would stay here again if the price was right but it would have to be a good price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

A very strange concept, but perhaps a typical option for US travellers. You have a room that includes a fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher, sink and hob - so that you can be totally self sufficient. I must admit that I didn't fancy cooking in my bedroom though! You'll see most guests arriving with take out food and ready to eat food, as the hotel does not have a restaurant or bar.

The hotel does have a room with various ready meals, drinks and snacks available. You take what you want and fill a form in to say what you have taken so that they can bill your room - it's all done on trust. Nothing available is healthy though and so I would recommend you venture out and buy food in, if you want to eat in the hotel. At 1440 East 86th Street (a few minutes away in a car) there is a Marsh Supermarket, which has a fantastic choice of foods - way better than I expected - trust me, they have everything here - even Sushi.

If you want to eat out then it gets tough unless you want to drive. This hotel is on a business park, nowhere near anywhere! If however you exit the hotel and turn left down woodland drive (you can walk, but there are no pavements) about five minutes away there are a few chain fast food places. You'll see Steak & Shake first, and if you go past that, there are a few more options - but not many! I went to Chef Mikes Charcoal Grill - on your right, before the traffic lights, opposite the petrol station. I've reviewed this place and I would recommend you give it a go.

I wouldn't stay at this hotel unless I needed to be near my company on the business park. That's not to say that it isn't a good option, it's just strange not having a bar and restaurant, and it feels really isolated. Therefore it suits a purpose, but isn't a destination hotel by any chance. If I travel to Indianapolis again, I will choose to stay somewhere that is better located for places to eat and drink (ones you can walk to!) and just drive to my offices each day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites Northwest Indianapolis for one night on a business trip. Upon check in, I was greeted by Alex at the front desk. He was very personable and got me checked in right away. Being a Priority Club member, he informed me that I was able to take advantage of free perks from the little store there, which I did, then headed up to my room. Unfortunately, I had an issue with the key card not letting me into the room when I went up, so I headed back down and he got the keycard reprogrammed immediately and it was fine after that.

The room was very clean and comfortable, I had a two queen bed suite. I liked having ample electrical outlets for charging my phone, using the iron, etc. The outlets by the nightstand were at waist level so you could charge your phone by your bed overnight, which is nice to not have to try and move nightstands or beds to get to the outlets.

The kitchen suite was nice, though I did not make use of it while I was there since it was for an overnight stay. I also did not make use of the fitness room, pool, or business center while there, though all of those areas appeared to be clean and in good condition.

The one item I will mention is that I did hear my neighbors above and beside me, indicating that the walls may not be insulated to lower the sound and that the floors are of wood/steel joist construction as opposed to concrete. I could hear the neighbor's TV until about 10 p.m. and could hear the people above me walking around until about the same time, so that might be something to consider if ambient noise is important to you.

I was also pleasantly surprised with the "Guest of the Day" gift bag and made use of the various snacks and water included.

Overall, the Candlewood Suites is a nice hotel and the staff I encountered were friendly. I would definitely not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We usually travel quite far on our first day out on a trip. Having to work later before we could get going, my husband and I decided to use some Priority Points and get as far as Indianapolis for the night. Arriving just before 10 p.m., we were heartily greeted by the young man at the front desk and handed our keys to a first floor room. As Priority members, he made sure that we picked out our 'perks' before heading to the room. In a lovely room, we were delighted to find a bag on the desk designating us as "Guests of the Day" with water and more treats in the bag. The room was large, the kitchen very nice and a great place to put the snacks we had with us for the trip. Enjoyed coffee the next morning. We will definitely stay here again if we are looking for a place to stay in the Indianapolis area.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor just off the lobby. Loved the room.