“Leave the pro wrestling at grade school.” 4 of 5 stars

Children's Museum Offer
Ranked #4 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Elk Point, South Dakota
“Leave the pro wrestling at grade school.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The desk manager, Leland, was an excellent host. Well mannered and polite. The room(225) had a musty smell to it, nothing major though. The coffee maker was a junker and overflowed. An upgrade to a better model would fix that. Real nice bed, with the pillows being clean and fresh. The appetizers were really good with the ingredients being fresh and tasty.
Shuttle service is excellent and only a quick 7 minutes to the airport. Drivers were very helpful with the baggage.
The only issue I had was with the bartender, Michael. He insisted that instead of watching something that a customer suggested,(news,weather) that myself and the other patrons be subjected to watching pro wrestling. Who watches wrestling? Grow up, dude.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
David W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear GYPSEA 1981:

Thank you for the review of our Hotel and the valuable feedback. I apologize for the programming choices on the television located in the bar. We do try to keep it on Sports, News or weather. I will make sure the staff understands that if the guests request a different sporting event, we do our best to accomodate at least the majority choice.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Dave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I loved the personal attention the staff provided. Kelly and Leland were outstanding. They were very helpful. The rooms were clean, the food was great, and the ammenties that the hotel has to offer were also very nicely kept. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
David W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Laney G:

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and recognized two of our valued team members. I will share your nice comments with them and Leland and kelly in particular for a job well done. We appreciate your business and look forward to the opporunity to serve you again in the future.

Boise, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

What a great hotel! Friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms, easy access to the airport. The on site restaurant and bar served excellent food and drink. The hotel staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and welcome. Our group travels 3 weeks a month and stays exclusively at Hilton properties. This is one of the best. Highly recommended!

Dear Andy M:

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay I will share your nice comments with the team for a job well done. We appreciate your business and loyalty to our brand . We look forward to the opporunity to serve you again in the future.

Solana Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Neicy,Megan,Roxann,Candy,Danielle,Jammie,Kelley,and Teresa made my business travel very comfortable and friendly. The food was tastey, the service was great...the overall vibe was cooperative. This is a business hotel near the airport with wifi and either net....convenient.

Dear bronco b:

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and recognized several of our valued team members. I will share your nice comments with them and the rest of the team for a job well done. We appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We arrived after having driven 10 hours from our home in Canada to be greeted warmly by Jeremy at the front desk. Our room was immaculate in every detail. I'm allergic to dust and mold so when I enter a room that has either of these, I can smell them and have a terrible time with sneezing and wheezing after that. Not this time, however! We were able to enjoy a very delicious meal in the dining room. We were especially happy not to have to drive anywhere for dinner as we had already put in a long day in the car. We spent a very comfortable night in very quiet surroundings. In the morning we went for a breakfast that far outshines any breakfast we've had at other hotels on our trips. We were greeted very pleasantly by our hostess Danielle. Our waitress Megan made sure that we had everything we needed in a very cheerful manner.Kelly who was at the front desk as we checked out made sure our bill was to our satisfaction. Overall an excellent hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
David W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the detailed and wonderful review of our Hotel and great team members. We are very proud to be associated with such a great bunch of excellent Hospitality professionals and pleased you took the time to recognize their achievements. I will share your comments with them and the rest of the staff for a job well done. We know you have a choice and are glad you chose to stay with us. Thank you for your business and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Ive stayed at HGI's all around Indy and all around the country and this My new favorite hotel. The location can't be beat, it's literally around the corner from the new airport. The hotel itself is very nice and the rooms are very comfortable even by Hilton standards.
What sets this hotel apart, though, is the amazing front desk staff. From check in to check out, everyone I met was unbelievably friendly and helpful. I arrived at 2 in the morning worn out from a night of delayed flights to find out that my reservation wasn't in the computer. Nevertheless, Jacob at the front desk quickly got me checked in so I could get a few hours of sleep before seeing my client at 8 AM. Jim made sure I got my wake up call so that I wouldn't oversleep and miss my meeting. The next morning, Jamie helped to answer some questions I had about the corporate rate and even left a note at the front desk for me thoroughly explaining all the details.
Every evening when I got back from another 10 hour day at the client, Kelly's friendly smile and positive professional attitude made me feel welcome and at home. Even during an ice storm when she was surrounded by irate and difficult customers stranded in Indy due to cancelled flights, she never stopped smiling.
And when I forgot my phone charger at the office and my phone was about to power down, Leland let me borrow his own personal charger (not some stray cable from the lost and found, mind you) so that I could recharge my phone and call to say goodnight to my family.
I spend a lot of time in Indy working on a long term project and you can be sure that if I'm in town there's a very good chance that you can find me at this hotel.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the lower floor on the front facing side of the building to cut down on the airplane...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
David W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear evilnickBoston:

Thank you so much for the detailed and wonderful review of our Hotel and fantastic team members. Needless to say we are very proud to be associated with such a great bunch of excellent Hospitality professionals and pleased you took the time to recognize their achievements. I will share your comments with them and the rest of the staff for a job well done. We know you have a choice and are glad you chose to stay with us. Thank you for your business and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Dave Waymire, GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

This was just what I needed. A great place to unwind after a long day of travel. The bartender Mike is great and server, Meghan, was very accommodating. This hotel has clean rooms and the food at the restaurant was really good. In all, this is a nice hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
David W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear EnoBrad:

Thank you so much for the great review and recognition of Mike & Meghan. We are pleased to see we did such a great job at serving another valued guest. I will share your comments with the staff and Mike & Meghan in particular for a job well done. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Dave

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport? Share your experiences!