“Service with a smile!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Service with a smile!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We arrived after having driven 10 hours from our home in Canada to be greeted warmly by Jeremy at the front desk. Our room was immaculate in every detail. I'm allergic to dust and mold so when I enter a room that has either of these, I can smell them and have a terrible time with sneezing and wheezing after that. Not this time, however! We were able to enjoy a very delicious meal in the dining room. We were especially happy not to have to drive anywhere for dinner as we had already put in a long day in the car. We spent a very comfortable night in very quiet surroundings. In the morning we went for a breakfast that far outshines any breakfast we've had at other hotels on our trips. We were greeted very pleasantly by our hostess Danielle. Our waitress Megan made sure that we had everything we needed in a very cheerful manner.Kelly who was at the front desk as we checked out made sure our bill was to our satisfaction. Overall an excellent hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
David W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the detailed and wonderful review of our Hotel and great team members. We are very proud to be associated with such a great bunch of excellent Hospitality professionals and pleased you took the time to recognize their achievements. I will share your comments with them and the rest of the staff for a job well done. We know you have a choice and are glad you chose to stay with us. Thank you for your business and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Dave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Ive stayed at HGI's all around Indy and all around the country and this My new favorite hotel. The location can't be beat, it's literally around the corner from the new airport. The hotel itself is very nice and the rooms are very comfortable even by Hilton standards.
What sets this hotel apart, though, is the amazing front desk staff. From check in to check out, everyone I met was unbelievably friendly and helpful. I arrived at 2 in the morning worn out from a night of delayed flights to find out that my reservation wasn't in the computer. Nevertheless, Jacob at the front desk quickly got me checked in so I could get a few hours of sleep before seeing my client at 8 AM. Jim made sure I got my wake up call so that I wouldn't oversleep and miss my meeting. The next morning, Jamie helped to answer some questions I had about the corporate rate and even left a note at the front desk for me thoroughly explaining all the details.
Every evening when I got back from another 10 hour day at the client, Kelly's friendly smile and positive professional attitude made me feel welcome and at home. Even during an ice storm when she was surrounded by irate and difficult customers stranded in Indy due to cancelled flights, she never stopped smiling.
And when I forgot my phone charger at the office and my phone was about to power down, Leland let me borrow his own personal charger (not some stray cable from the lost and found, mind you) so that I could recharge my phone and call to say goodnight to my family.
I spend a lot of time in Indy working on a long term project and you can be sure that if I'm in town there's a very good chance that you can find me at this hotel.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the lower floor on the front facing side of the building to cut down on the airplane...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
David W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear evilnickBoston:

Thank you so much for the detailed and wonderful review of our Hotel and fantastic team members. Needless to say we are very proud to be associated with such a great bunch of excellent Hospitality professionals and pleased you took the time to recognize their achievements. I will share your comments with them and the rest of the staff for a job well done. We know you have a choice and are glad you chose to stay with us. Thank you for your business and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Dave Waymire, GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

This was just what I needed. A great place to unwind after a long day of travel. The bartender Mike is great and server, Meghan, was very accommodating. This hotel has clean rooms and the food at the restaurant was really good. In all, this is a nice hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
David W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear EnoBrad:

Thank you so much for the great review and recognition of Mike & Meghan. We are pleased to see we did such a great job at serving another valued guest. I will share your comments with the staff and Mike & Meghan in particular for a job well done. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stay at Hilton Garden Inns across the country and this is the most hospitable staff ever! The rooms and facility are on par with other HGI's around the country, but the staff is the best I've ever encountered! Worth a visit at the end of a long day especially for Diamond members of Hilton

Dear Vinton:

Thank you so much for the great review. We are pleased to see we did such a great job at serving another valued Diamond guest. I will share your comments with the staff for a job well done. We appreciate your loyal business and look forward to serving you again.

Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The staff at this hotel is extremely friendly. Everyone from the front desk clerk (especially Raven), to the the housekeeping staff and the hotel restaurant staff were extra helpful and courteous. This was our second stay at this hotel and we will definitely be back. The breakfast was very good and it had a wide variety of items from which to choose. I was especially impressed with how every staff member took the time to greet you and ask you how our day was...even if we were just riding the elevator to the lobby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear TallCrew4:

Thank you so much for the great review and recognition of Raven. We are pleased to see we did such a great job at serving another valued guest. I will share your comments with the staff and Raven in particular for a job well done. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Tracy, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

When travelling to Indianapolis for business, I stay at this hotel. I've stayed here 15+ nights in the last year and every time I check-in I am greeted with friendly staff. The breakfast staff, Megan and Roxann, go out of their way to make sure you have your food (which is excellent) and you are on your way. The hotel is remote but they serve a very good room service meal. Two thumbs-up for Rachel on that staff. Rooms are always clean and fresh. The workout center is clean. There is a lot of parking. The hotel management went out of their way to make rounds during breakfast to ensure everything was OK.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear R1975H:

Thank you so much for the great review and recognition of Roxanne, Megan & Rachel. I will share your comments with the staff and these three in particular for a job well done. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel was close to the airport, clean and what you would expect from a Hilton property. The one outstanding thing that made me feel right at home wast the great welcome I received from shuttle bus driver Ms. Kelly Covbray. All employee should be as happy and enthusiastic as she.

Dear Thomas D:

Thank you so much for the great review and recognition of Kelly. I will share your comments with the staff and Kelly in particularbfor a job well done. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Dave

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport? Share your experiences!