“Good 1-night Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Peoria, Illinois
“Good 1-night Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here for one night. Nothing really remarkable about the stay which is a good thing. Just a nice, clean hotel very close to the airport. Didn't use airport shuttle, so can't comment on efficiency.

Pros:
- Quiet Rooms
- Clean and modern, looks like it was recently built

Cons:
- Beds slightly uncomfortable
- NOTHING around the hotel - need a car or cab to get to anything

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
David W, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Brian H:

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay,yYour valuable input helps make us better for all our guests. The Garden Inn Sleep sets are adjustable via a dial located on the side of the mattress near the headboard and will allow subtle adjustments to the firmness of the set. I apologize if this was not explained at check in. I will visit with the desk staff to assure this is being communicated. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Dave Waymire, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was here just one night on business. A bit of a drive from airport even though listed as an airport hotel, and the shuttle runs very infrequently (once an hour each way). If your flight gets in at an odd time you have to wait quite a while with all the smokers outside the rental car area, or if your meeting doesn't end right before the shuttle you could be stuck there an extra hour or take a cab. Attractive lobby & eating area. Check in quick but they had given me a room on the first floor when I had requested a high floor, so they moved me. Said I was given free water bottle as Hilton preferred, but new room already had the water in it so they must give it to everyone. Nice to have microwave and fridge in room. Big closet, large room, but darkly decorated. Not my taste. Lighting limited as well, so room seemed dark overall. There is nothing surrounding the hotel but fields, power lines and towers so no room will have much of a view. My room faced the back, up several floors and quite a ways from a large dumpster, but in spite of this distance when it was emptied at dawn the noise woke me up. Bathroom small but a fine size for brief business travel. Fitness center small (4 machines, no resistance machines) but adequate, good cool temp. Kind of nice looking into pool area while working out. Food at dinner was awful. Recommend going out but you will need a car or have to take a cab since hotel is near absolutely nothing. Beds are some version of a sleep number bed. Was set much too soft so turned up the pressure dial only to wake up in the middle of the night with an aching back, feeling like I was sleeping on a rock. Instead of a normal mattress cover it had some kind of a brownish lambskin which showed through sheet making it look dirty, and I could also feel the bumps. Got an extra sheet from houskeeping to cover it up. Did not sleep well overall. Breakfast was fine. Buffet food at lunch not particularly good but I was at a meeting, food ordered for a large group. Meeting rooms were large and plentiful. After taking shuttle back to airport realized I had left some cosmetics and my sunglasses in the room. Called to have them sent to me but housekeeping could never find them. Make sure you pack everything because you will never get lost items back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Adraab10, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Hello hoteldiva2009,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn and providing such a detailed review of your stay. Value guest feedback so we can continue to offer the best stays possible. Our entire team works diligently to provide quality service and excellent rooms.

I was pleased you found check-in to be quick and most aspects of your stay to be overall good. We do offer the shuttle by request so it doesn't stick strictly to a schedule but does make rounds to the airport every 30 minutes. Also, we do offer a multi-station resistance machine in our fitness room and also offer in-room workout gear. I do apologize that we weren't able to locate you left items. If by chance we do track them down, we will be sure to notify you.

Once again, thanks for choosing our HGI and posting feedback. I hope you give us another chance to wow you if in the area. Our team loves going over and above for guests and could assist with any issues you may experience.

Take Care,
GM
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stay at this Hilton Garden Inn about 20 nights per year - so it's a bit like home for me. That makes me a tougher judge in some ways because I watch for consistency in service and quality. This hotel does not disappoint. It's quiet and the rooms are large and comfortable. Individually controlled climate control means just that - you can set your heat or air up or down and you actually have a unit in your room that will adjust to your desired temperature. Room and bathroom are always clean and smell fresh. WIFI is complementary too (nice to not have to document that on the expense report!).

Surprisingly (for a hotel like this), dinner food is really good - great variety on the menu and so nice to have real food as an option when you are working in the room. I have never had the breakfast trouble that the one person mentioned but I can promise that the front desk would try to help. They are super nice and really accomodating.

Location is perfect for airport access and the small cul-de-sac road affords the opportunity for a great walk in the evenings.

It's a really good business hotel but works for families too. You won't find much night life (thank goodness), although the bar seems to stay pretty active up until about 11pm.

I highly recommend this property if you are traveling to or through Indianapolis. It's only 15-20 minutes to get downtown from here, and I much prefer to stay in this super quiet location than have the hubbub of downtown interfering with work or sleep.

Room Tip: Honestly - they are all super quiet. There are no busy roads so you won't have traffic noise an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
David W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Ohio_quiet:

Thank you for your valuable input regarding your stay with us. We appreciate the detail and are pleased you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Dave
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is a standard Hilton Garden Inn, rooms are new-ish, and clean, with a small gym, and pool. We arrived at the breakfast area at 10:20 only to see everything being put away---the server and hostess both said, "oh, we're closed, it's 10:30"---and the cook in the back said, 'it's 10:31"---on my cell phone (which is controlled by satellite, it was 10:20) no apologies, or "we can make you something" ---just we're closed----a Hilton Honors member, I'm appalled at the attitude, and the lack of the "I can do anything for you" attitude. Probably won't come back here, there are other hotels in the area, I'd rather feel welcomed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Adraab10, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Hello fooddr,

I wanted to send you quick message to first thank you for your feedback. We take all reviews seriously and aim to have every guest leave 100% satisfied with their stay.

The issue you mentioned from your visit has been discussed and we wish we could've better accommodated you during breakfast. I have made it a point to not have this situation happen again. Our team really values all of our guests and it wasn't represented in that moment.

Once again, thanks for the feedback. Although you weren't satisfied with your last visit, I hope you may consider us again while in the area. It would be a pleasure to show you true hospitality!

Take Care,
GM
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My wife and I have used this property probably four or five times in the past three years. It's close proximity to the Indianapolis airport makes it a great "park and fly" option. The rooms are clean, staff is friendly, breakfast outstanding and the shuttle drivers very pleasant. If you want a clean, quiet place to crash on the front or back end of a flight, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
David W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Ohio_Quiet:

Thank you for your valuable and detailed input regarding your stay with us. We are pleased to hear that we staisfied yet another great guest. We appreciate your business and hope we get the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to our great city.

Dave Waymire, GM
Minnetonka, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This appeared to be a new property, probably for the Superbowl? From my arrival, it was great. The front desk staff was nice. The room was probably the cleanest room I've had in the last year! It really was great to see. I had dinner there, the service was pretty good for dinner, I think the server was newer, but she got everything right! The bed was really comfortable. The fridge was a little loud, but I sleep better with a little noise, I suspect you could unplug it if you don't. The gym was great, had aerobic equipment and a machine for everything I needed. Breakfast was good, but the service was really great! From when I entered till I when I left, I really had a great stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

all around great hotel. rooms where very clean and staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family