“Reliable and consistent” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Reliable and consistent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stay at this Hilton Garden Inn about 20 nights per year - so it's a bit like home for me. That makes me a tougher judge in some ways because I watch for consistency in service and quality. This hotel does not disappoint. It's quiet and the rooms are large and comfortable. Individually controlled climate control means just that - you can set your heat or air up or down and you actually have a unit in your room that will adjust to your desired temperature. Room and bathroom are always clean and smell fresh. WIFI is complementary too (nice to not have to document that on the expense report!).

Surprisingly (for a hotel like this), dinner food is really good - great variety on the menu and so nice to have real food as an option when you are working in the room. I have never had the breakfast trouble that the one person mentioned but I can promise that the front desk would try to help. They are super nice and really accomodating.

Location is perfect for airport access and the small cul-de-sac road affords the opportunity for a great walk in the evenings.

It's a really good business hotel but works for families too. You won't find much night life (thank goodness), although the bar seems to stay pretty active up until about 11pm.

I highly recommend this property if you are traveling to or through Indianapolis. It's only 15-20 minutes to get downtown from here, and I much prefer to stay in this super quiet location than have the hubbub of downtown interfering with work or sleep.

Room Tip: Honestly - they are all super quiet. There are no busy roads so you won't have traffic noise an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
David W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Ohio_quiet:

Thank you for your valuable input regarding your stay with us. We appreciate the detail and are pleased you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Dave

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is a standard Hilton Garden Inn, rooms are new-ish, and clean, with a small gym, and pool. We arrived at the breakfast area at 10:20 only to see everything being put away---the server and hostess both said, "oh, we're closed, it's 10:30"---and the cook in the back said, 'it's 10:31"---on my cell phone (which is controlled by satellite, it was 10:20) no apologies, or "we can make you something" ---just we're closed----a Hilton Honors member, I'm appalled at the attitude, and the lack of the "I can do anything for you" attitude. Probably won't come back here, there are other hotels in the area, I'd rather feel welcomed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Adraab10, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Hello fooddr,

I wanted to send you quick message to first thank you for your feedback. We take all reviews seriously and aim to have every guest leave 100% satisfied with their stay.

The issue you mentioned from your visit has been discussed and we wish we could've better accommodated you during breakfast. I have made it a point to not have this situation happen again. Our team really values all of our guests and it wasn't represented in that moment.

Once again, thanks for the feedback. Although you weren't satisfied with your last visit, I hope you may consider us again while in the area. It would be a pleasure to show you true hospitality!

Take Care,
GM
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My wife and I have used this property probably four or five times in the past three years. It's close proximity to the Indianapolis airport makes it a great "park and fly" option. The rooms are clean, staff is friendly, breakfast outstanding and the shuttle drivers very pleasant. If you want a clean, quiet place to crash on the front or back end of a flight, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
David W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Ohio_Quiet:

Thank you for your valuable and detailed input regarding your stay with us. We are pleased to hear that we staisfied yet another great guest. We appreciate your business and hope we get the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to our great city.

Dave Waymire, GM
Minnetonka, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This appeared to be a new property, probably for the Superbowl? From my arrival, it was great. The front desk staff was nice. The room was probably the cleanest room I've had in the last year! It really was great to see. I had dinner there, the service was pretty good for dinner, I think the server was newer, but she got everything right! The bed was really comfortable. The fridge was a little loud, but I sleep better with a little noise, I suspect you could unplug it if you don't. The gym was great, had aerobic equipment and a machine for everything I needed. Breakfast was good, but the service was really great! From when I entered till I when I left, I really had a great stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

all around great hotel. rooms where very clean and staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We checked in and were provided the room of our choice. We found the room to be very quiet, despite its close proximity to the IND airport. The hotel appeared less than half full so a parking spot was of no concern to us.

I did find some displeasure with the comfort level of the bed and could not get it adjusted to suit me. I woke up with a sore back as a result.

We awoke the following morning ready for breakfast and realized we were not given the breakfast vouchers we had purchased. We stopped by the front desk and explained the situation and were provided the vouchers with an apology and a smile.

The balance of the stay went without an issue.

Room Tip: You may want to choose the option that includes the breakfast as there is nothing nearby to suit you...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

This hotel was super and had an amazing price. It's also almost brand new and the rooms smelled like new. I loved how close this hotel was located to the airport, however, it was not close to anything and the shuttle will NOT take you anywhere else other than the airport. The taxi's weren't too expensive if you wanna grab dinner in Plainfield. I think I paid $10 to get to the local Buffalo Wild Wings Restaurant. I also run everywhere I travel and this hotel wasn't near any of the amazing trails and runs that Indy has to offer.I used to live in Indy and knew that I was going to be kinda in the middle of nowhere. However, I did find a great little almost abandon road near the hotel and got my run in!
The hotel was everything you expect from a Hilton Garden Inn, and as a gold member I was treated great! I received my waters and the desk has complimentary cookies! The staff was super friendly. As a matter of fact they were very friendly and maybe some of the best front desk staff I have seen in a while and I travel a lot. I was pleased with the room. The hotel was clean and definitely served it's purpose. If traveling for business or just passing through, this hotel is for you. If you want to see Indy, then try downtown at the Embassy Suites, it's also amazing and you'll be in the middle of it all.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport? Share your experiences!