“Don't expect breakfast 10 minutes before they close” 3 of 5 stars

Children's Museum Offer
Ranked #8 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego
“Don't expect breakfast 10 minutes before they close”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is a standard Hilton Garden Inn, rooms are new-ish, and clean, with a small gym, and pool. We arrived at the breakfast area at 10:20 only to see everything being put away---the server and hostess both said, "oh, we're closed, it's 10:30"---and the cook in the back said, 'it's 10:31"---on my cell phone (which is controlled by satellite, it was 10:20) no apologies, or "we can make you something" ---just we're closed----a Hilton Honors member, I'm appalled at the attitude, and the lack of the "I can do anything for you" attitude. Probably won't come back here, there are other hotels in the area, I'd rather feel welcomed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Adraab10, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Hello fooddr,

I wanted to send you quick message to first thank you for your feedback. We take all reviews seriously and aim to have every guest leave 100% satisfied with their stay.

The issue you mentioned from your visit has been discussed and we wish we could've better accommodated you during breakfast. I have made it a point to not have this situation happen again. Our team really values all of our guests and it wasn't represented in that moment.

Once again, thanks for the feedback. Although you weren't satisfied with your last visit, I hope you may consider us again while in the area. It would be a pleasure to show you true hospitality!

Take Care,
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My wife and I have used this property probably four or five times in the past three years. It's close proximity to the Indianapolis airport makes it a great "park and fly" option. The rooms are clean, staff is friendly, breakfast outstanding and the shuttle drivers very pleasant. If you want a clean, quiet place to crash on the front or back end of a flight, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
David W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Ohio_Quiet:

Thank you for your valuable and detailed input regarding your stay with us. We are pleased to hear that we staisfied yet another great guest. We appreciate your business and hope we get the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to our great city.

Dave Waymire, GM
Minnetonka, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This appeared to be a new property, probably for the Superbowl? From my arrival, it was great. The front desk staff was nice. The room was probably the cleanest room I've had in the last year! It really was great to see. I had dinner there, the service was pretty good for dinner, I think the server was newer, but she got everything right! The bed was really comfortable. The fridge was a little loud, but I sleep better with a little noise, I suspect you could unplug it if you don't. The gym was great, had aerobic equipment and a machine for everything I needed. Breakfast was good, but the service was really great! From when I entered till I when I left, I really had a great stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

all around great hotel. rooms where very clean and staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We checked in and were provided the room of our choice. We found the room to be very quiet, despite its close proximity to the IND airport. The hotel appeared less than half full so a parking spot was of no concern to us.

I did find some displeasure with the comfort level of the bed and could not get it adjusted to suit me. I woke up with a sore back as a result.

We awoke the following morning ready for breakfast and realized we were not given the breakfast vouchers we had purchased. We stopped by the front desk and explained the situation and were provided the vouchers with an apology and a smile.

The balance of the stay went without an issue.

Room Tip: You may want to choose the option that includes the breakfast as there is nothing nearby to suit you...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

This hotel was super and had an amazing price. It's also almost brand new and the rooms smelled like new. I loved how close this hotel was located to the airport, however, it was not close to anything and the shuttle will NOT take you anywhere else other than the airport. The taxi's weren't too expensive if you wanna grab dinner in Plainfield. I think I paid $10 to get to the local Buffalo Wild Wings Restaurant. I also run everywhere I travel and this hotel wasn't near any of the amazing trails and runs that Indy has to offer.I used to live in Indy and knew that I was going to be kinda in the middle of nowhere. However, I did find a great little almost abandon road near the hotel and got my run in!
The hotel was everything you expect from a Hilton Garden Inn, and as a gold member I was treated great! I received my waters and the desk has complimentary cookies! The staff was super friendly. As a matter of fact they were very friendly and maybe some of the best front desk staff I have seen in a while and I travel a lot. I was pleased with the room. The hotel was clean and definitely served it's purpose. If traveling for business or just passing through, this hotel is for you. If you want to see Indy, then try downtown at the Embassy Suites, it's also amazing and you'll be in the middle of it all.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Tega Cay, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

My flight was cancelled at the Indy airport and I was sent with a "distressed passenger" voucher to this hotel.The voucher price for the room was $62 for the evening, a steal for such a great hotel. I was treated well at the front desk despite the fact one of the girls was a trainee and they were very busy. My room was immaculate, well appointed, quiet and comfortable. The beds had a wide choice of pillows, and the mattress had a comfort control for desired firmness. I slept extremely well despite the fact I had to get up at 3 a.m. to catch my flight.
My dinner was excellent! The service in the restaurant was stellar. My only complaint was the restaurant's proximity to the front doors made it a bit chilly and I did not want to hang around for dessert or coffee.
This hotel is very close to the airport and the shuttle runs 24 hours; a real convenience if catching an early flight, and, or, stranded as I was. I highly recommend at the price I paid, and would stay at the regular price of $150 a night if my business budget allowed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business