“AVOID like the plague!!!” 1 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn Indianapolis East-Post Drive to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Indianapolis East-Post Drive
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2349 Post Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46219   |
Ranked #117 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
“AVOID like the plague!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

The cigarette stench in this hotel is overwhelming!!! Front desk staff informed us it has only been a smoke free hotel for the past month and a half. Told us this after he informed my two young children he smoked a "pack every three days - can't complain about that!". The room is filthy and the odor is beyond disgusting. Don't walk - RUN away to the next hotel as fast as possible!!!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We always stay at LaQuinta inns whenever possible. This LaQuinta inn is formerly a Baymont in that LaQuinta acquired. This was the second time we stayed here (also in 2009). They have completed remodeling since we were there last. Our King room was huge and very clean. It is right off the interstate (I-70). Pretty consistent with the LaQuinta brand. The staff did need to be more welcoming and warm. Plenty of food nearby...Steak n' shake, Cracker Barrell and Wendys are all in walking distance, just look out for the ducks and geese by the pond.

Room Tip: King size room was huge. Southside rooms face the interstate so you can hear this noise, but not to...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I knew that when I made my reservation at this hotel that I would not be expecting a high end place. For the price of $50, it was ok. The hotel and room was clean but needed an update in decor. Breakfast was sufficient. My problem was with the front desk lady. She was not professional at all. I do not expect a lot at this kind of hotel but I do want to feel welcome. She did not smile once even though I tried to joke around with her. She spoke so fast that I could not understand a word she said. She acted like it was an imposition that I came to check in. She looked like she had put her La Quinta shirt on after it was wadded up in a ball. Check out was the same with her. I passed a gentleman in the hall who walked into the office and he said hello with a smile and also the lady who was working in the laundry room was very warm. That made me feel better about staying here. First impressions mean a lot and I would suggest that the lady at the front desk either have better training or find a job where she is not as involved with people. She ruined the whole experience for me. If she was not working there, I would probably stay there again only because of the price.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor which I was kind of leery about but we were on the opposite side of the h...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I always stay here during my I-70 road trips. The people are nice and the rooms are clean. It's a good price for a good room, so you pay for what you get. People get upset over the littlest things, carpet, walls, whatever - as long as the sheets are clean and it's quiet. I get it, it's not the Bellagio of the Midwest, but it's okay - you'll make it through.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012 via mobile

Because of the car trouble I had to stay at this hotel.
I admit, NOT all La Quintas are same.
This is first one, where I would not stay even for free again.
Semi trucks parked all around the property blocking 4-5 spaces at the time, when the dog show is in town, and management couldn't tell drivers to park at much bigger parking lot near by? Bad management. Dirty rooms? Bad management. I was checking out when guest was complaining about the same things. No blankets? The old paper thin throw was a bit thicker than bed sheets. Bathroom was looking just as rundown, with patched up holes, scratched bathtub... place is not getting any handyman's attention. Bad management sucking all the money out without doing any upkeep.
Go and stay for few bucks more and get a good night sleep and enjoy the stay.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to La Quinta Inn Indianapolis East-Post Drive? Share your experiences!