“Wonderful staff!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #123 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Fulda
“Wonderful staff!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I spend 15 to 20 nights in Country inns all over the country and my review is more or less compared to the rest. The staff was really really good here. When I brought the cart back down the clerk asked how the room was. that in itself was surprising but better yet he actually cared. I said a little stuffy and 5 minutes later he showed up with air freshener. It smelled much better! The hotel is clean and comfortable but it is aged. They hurt themselves right off the bat with horrible plastic flowers in the entry way. Better to have nothing! The hotel is smoke free but any nonsmoker will know right away it has not always been that way. The only real issue that would keep me coming back is the breakfast area was WAY too small for this size hotel. There were people standing around because there was not tables. A 3 floor hotel with 6 tables in the breakfast area is a disaster. The food was fine and it was clean though. So I would go back because it was clean but it needs work for sure.

Room Tip: Pick the rooms with only 1 queen bed in it. People always go for 2 queens or the king so the single...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I was disappointed with the condition of this hotel. I used my goldpoints to try and enjoy my stay,but I wish I had saved them. You see the NO SMOKIng sign around the hotel. What a joke! You can smell it as soon as you leave the lobby! Disgusting I would not stay here again! It looks like they are trying to cut corners.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed here with my parents and had two rooms. We both ended up changing rooms. My parents first room when they turned on the vent a bunch of ants crawled out and there was a large used bandage sitting on it, it smelled like cigarettes as people had obviously been ashing in the vent. Our vent was the same way among lots of other things, stains, hairs, yellowed and stained towels, furniture etc...The room my husband and I and our kids changed to was much worse then the first. I have lots of gross pictures that speak for themselves. I wrote the manager or owner of the hotel and sent her the pictures and she never wrote me back. We usually like staying at these because we have points but this one was disgusting. And we couldn't leave because it was too late at night. Luckily my parents had a second bed for the kids to sleep on which was fine as we thoroughly checked it out first. The pull out couch they were going to sleep on was uninhabitable. The pool was cloudy and the wood around the doors in there was rotted away, the tile was filthy. I did not sleep easy this night.

• Stayed June 2012
Niles MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

First of all let me say we typically love Country Inn and stay in many. I use their card and earn free nights just about every year. While this was not the worst, it didn't measure up to most that we've stayed in. With that said it wasn't so bad I wouldn't stay here again, I'd give it another shot and we got a great price so it was still worth it to us

First the negatives: There was hair in the tub and on the shower wall. Not just one but several which leads me to wonder IF (or at least how well) it was cleaned. The second bathroom yuck was a tag on the flexible water pipe to the side of the toilet. It was totally dusty/moldy and just looked gross. Now I'm not touching that or anything so not a big deal but it is sort of yucky to see, just rip it off and get rid of it! Rest of the bathroom seemed fine.

The Whirlpool did not seem to work, and yes I did know enough to turn the timer past the 15/20 minute mark. If there is some other button or something it certainly is not apparent and instructions are lacking. The floor of the hot tub seemed sandy or it was granular chlorine all over it. The hot tub was also in back need of painting. The pool looked freshly painted but the chlorine or more likely the PH was really off as your eyes burned almost immediately.

Positives: Room was clean, they brought us a requested roll-a-way which was great. There were always cookies at the front desk. The breakfast has fresh fruit with pineapple, and melons which was yummy. The breakfast room however was crowded both of the two mornings we were there and it was hard to get a table though I'm sure this fluctuates with capacity. (I'm guessing they were pretty full while we were there.)

We would stay again, but if I got a better rate at a better rated hotel I'd try it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I have stayed at this property before and enjoy this brand of hotels. The staff was very courteous and helpful. I was disappointed with the room - didn't seem as up-to-date as other Country Inn and Suites around the country. Also, the water pressure was so low the second morning that the water would not come out of the shower head!
I was quite pleased with the rates I received through an email solicitation as a Carlson Club member.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

The staff was very nice, however the rooms were a big disappointment. They need updated, ceilings were "cobbwebbie", mattress lumpy, pillowcases wrinkled, smelled of cigarette smoke, even though "no smoking" rooms. Breakfast was nice and food good. Pick another place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Pella, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Customer service was great. The hotel needs help. Year after year we stay because we like Country Inn & Suites but every year it gets worse. It is advertised on the outside of the building that they have an indoor pool but they don’t tell you it feels like ice. The Hot tub isn’t hot either, cooler than normal bath water. The pool and hot tub need to be resurfaced as you can see and feel bare ruff cement all over the bottom. The bathroom had mold all around the shower and the faucet and shower head were very corroded. It took ten minutes for the water coming out of the faucet to finally start to drip out of the shower head. The temperature control in the rooms is also very outdated. The employees are very nice and helpful but the hotel it's self is lacking!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Indianapolis-South? Share your experiences!