“Dollar Inn...Yeah, that's about the right price” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Dollar Inn - Castleton

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Indianapolis
Dollar Inn - Castleton
You added Dollar Inn - Castleton to your Saves list
8110 North Shadeland Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46250   |
Ranked #157 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Rome City, Indiana, United States
“Dollar Inn...Yeah, that's about the right price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

As this is being written, according to Trip Advisor there are 34 places in the Indianapolis area that are rated lower than the Dollar Inn - Castleton and that's scary. I HAD to stay at this motel due to a logistical issue, which I am correcting so I will not have to stay again. I checked in around 10 p.m., just as another guest was checking out. The ladies outside of the adjacent lounge and the two that were in the lobby helped me realize that "lodging" is not the only business taking place on the property. I asked the desk clerk about wifi and he said that they have it, but it probably wasn't working, so I never even tried to connect to it. The cable package was limited and DID include a couple of HBO channels, but no local stations. The room consisted of two beds, a worn chair, a TV and bath. I travel a great deal and always carry a linen "sleeping bag" for times when I don't feel comfortable coming in contact with the motel's linen...I used it during this stay. The bed was comfortable and the A/C kept the room cool (and blocked out some of the noise from the people outside). They did provide soap, but no shampoo, and there was a single towel and a single washcloth for a room that was designed for multiple occupants. Apparently the partying continues throughout the day...as I was leaving there were two couples in the parking lot (at 8 a.m.) sharing a large bottle of vodka. If you are alone and need emergency lodging, this place would be OK. I would never think of staying there with a loved one. A low-budget, guys' weekend for the 500 or a Colt's game...yeah, this place would probably work, primarily due to its location. You would be much better of staying at the nearby Motel 6 or Mangnuson Inn for just a few dollars more.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I been here a few times because was in dire straights, everytime i have been here i would get red itchy bumps all over my skin, housekeepers are ghetto as hell, televisions never work right, & bathrooms do not appear sanitized. They dont even have mattress covers. I would recommend this place only if they change their houskeeping or get professional housekeepers. PLEASE THROW AWAY & REPLACE ALL MATTRESS!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I got my room at 7pm at about 10pm thats when i saw it a BED BUG crawling on my leg I packed up quick and I had my 5 month old baby with me I WAS HEATED checked out the lady refused to give me my money back they are playing with people lives I bet they check someone in the same room right after i left if i take one bed bug home with me and have to throw all my furniture away Law suite I worked to hard for my belongings and the corporate refuse to answer any calls r return my messages

Room Tip: Bed BugS StaY AwaY!!! Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! StaY AwaY!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Tempe, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I chose this hotel because it was cheap. It was honestly the worst place I have ever stayed. The staff dresses like thugs and are far from professional. The rooms were nasty. Bugs would crawl across the bed. (Beetles, Pill Bugs, Ants, Cockroaches, etc) I had two different rooms thinking that maybe it was a fluke.
The staff there likes to disturb their guests (more like paying hostages) every chance they get. I specifically asked not to be disturbed since I work late nights. They still knocked on my door three times a day everyday. Since they started disturbing my slumber every chance they got, I started watching them. Not once did I ever see a housekeepinng person take linens, sheets, pillow cases, or blankets out of any room. One day I asked for fresh towels. Some very unkempt man brought a wadded up armful of towels over. They couldnt even fold the towels.
If you are just looking for a shady joint, this is it. Every night there are obvious prostitutes banging on the doors trying to get "work". I witnessed four fights in the parking lots and so many people dealing drugs that it's not funny.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. I would rather sleep in my car in a dark alley in New York than ever stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

We drove our friends to Indianapolis, because they were leaving to catch a plane in the early a.m. Anyways, when we arrived we got three total rooms. First, I thought it was strange that we had to pay for ice and talk to a rude man through plexi-glass to get a hotel room. However, we just dealt with it and made our way up to our rooms. One of our rooms was completly unlocked and anouther smelt like it had just been smoked minutes before we arrived. Although the room wasn't the cleanest we didn't think too much of it because the beds were made. We were with friends and just trying to make the best of our time there. About an hour later when I went to use one of the bathrooms I happened to knock over the trash can. Oh, and guess what came out...a medical surenge. Although we were pretty freaked out, we figured it was just for medicinal purposes and the maid must have forgotten to empty the trash. So, we decided to investigate the room a little more, to make sure that no other needles were just lying around. We found a substance on the floor that appeared to look like cocaine, and a few marijauna blunt roaches on the floor under the bed. Now we had finally became completly disguisted. My boyfriend called down to the front desk, where the same rude man that had checked us in seemed completly unsympathetic, and unsurprised about the occurances. He said "I'll make a note for the manager." We then went down to discuss what had happened and asked for a refund, he pointed to the sign that said "NO REFUNDS AFTER 15 MINUTES." He gave us anouther room, which was just as dirty, but at least had no left over drugs from the previous visiter. In one of the other rooms there was blood, hair, and other stains on the sheets and pillows. We asked for a fresh pair of sheets and the man responded "NO, I have to keep a linen count, the sheets were cleaned." With no refund we were not able to afford anouther hotel, and I was forced to sleep completly dressed, hooded sweatshirt up over my head, and on top of our jackets. In addition to the uncleanliness of the hotel many stange people were wandering around the hotel all night. Many appeared to be prostitutes and junkies. Others appered to be trying to break in rooms. It really felt like a scene from as bad horror movie. My friend's were suposed to get some sleep and catch an early flight, sleep was impossible for them! In the morning we had the 'pleasure" of speaking to the manager, who also refused to do anything to compensate us for our more than unpleasant stay at the Dollar Inn. (OFF EXIT #1 on I-69 in Indianapolis, Indiana.)

• Stayed March 2009
indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2008

We just happened to stay at Dollar Inn because we were about to go to our friends house, but we were kind of drowsy so we decided to stop and get some rest. We came in the front desk and the front desk was very nice and accommodating. We went into the room and we were surprised how the room looked for such a cheap price! Everything seemed to be nice! The next morning, we told the front clerk how nice the room was and she said that it was just newly renovated and repainted. It was a very good experience and I would recommend it for travelers.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Madison WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

We were lucky to get out alive! How this place stays in business I'll never know? We woke up in this motel (sic.), that we hope is waiting to be closed by the health department. It is a filth trap, and we were getting ready to go to the INDY 500. While I was getting ready in the bathroom, we had the room door open and we were on the second floor. A black man all bloody all over his head came right in the room and wanted to use the phone. He tried to light up a cigarette, and I said let's go outside and smoke. This is a no smoking room, (quick thinking on my part!). Anyways, someone had called the police down the way when he was there before us trying to get into another room. A police car pulled up, and he ran, and then rolled down the stairs as he also tripped going down. He then ran across the parking lot, over a six foot chain link fence, with the officer in hot pursuit. He then ran across a 6 lane interstate before being arrested across the highway at another hotel. Well, it turns out he hit a car head on infront of this motel, leaving 3 unconsious people there to be extricated! The desk clerk never came out to render aid! He hit them so hard that his steering wheel was bent from the impact with his head!

After the news helicopter, the police and fire department left...so did we! I never did like the COPS show episodes, let alone being in one!

Stayed May 2007

Been to Dollar Inn - Castleton? Share your experiences!