“Every business/service provider deserves an opportunity to make it right...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Indianapolis Airport

You added Hyatt Place Indianapolis Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Indianapolis Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5500 Bradbury Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46241 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #46 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Marietta, Georgia
“Every business/service provider deserves an opportunity to make it right...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

If you are as heavy a business traveler as I, you quickly learn to distinguish reviews from vacationers versus those of business travelers. As most business travelers do, I understand there will be issues from time to time. As a loyal Hyatt customer, I was pleased with the room cleanliness, location is 10 to 15 minutes from downtown area, staff very pleasant, 24/7 full menu, complimentary breakfast etc. Not sure what else I could expect from the competitive rate they offered.

At any rate, after a couple of nights attending a trade show, check out proved to be a bit confusing. In 15 years of travel globally (and an Engineering degree), I have never seen a final bill where totals were not provided, nor did they add up. Being a patient traveler, I approached the desk and asked for some clarification. Rather than focus on my disappointment with the explanation of charges provided to by the first associate, I prefer to highlight the efforts of a Ms. Leanna Rhodes who quickly stepped in.

My gut tells me, like any consummate professional, she over heard our difficulties with the final bill and felt she could help. She quickly acknowledged a mistake had been made, apologized, and immediately examined each of the room bills manually. All I can say is, when you look for a place to bring your family and colleagues we all can, while far and few between, expect a few issues here and there. What really matters is how it is handled and what is done to correct the issue.

Ms. Rhodes, took responsibility for a mistake a member of her team made, immediately took charge, explained what she was doing to correct while she was working on it, and finally made the necessary corrections to our bill. At a minimum, making my colleague and I feel our business was appreciated and she understood the value of listening to customers; not patronizing them for their inability to understand a simple ledger/statement of charges that simply did not add up.

All in all, within 10 minutes, our bills were corrected, she explained them item by item, and we left there with the necessary understanding to properly post to our expense reports.

All properties, have their issues, they cannot be everything to everyone, but know this, if you have an issue, Mr. Rhodes is there to assist, and for that I am thankful. I recommend the property for its value, quality of food available 24/7, and desire to provide above average customer service.

My career has been successful, to say the least, by managing and setting the expectations of my customers regarding the products or services I have been charged with selling for the past 15+ years. Remember that when you book a room; our expectations can be ridiculous; just stay, pay, and hope that they have someone to help out when you need them. This place does, Ms. Leanna Rhodes and I look forward to my return. The company should be proud to have her.

Regards and safe pleasant travels to all.

P.S. We selectively demand the highest levels of mistake free service from hotels, while ignoring the TSA debacle and airline service becoming terrible to say the least.

Room Tip: See Ms. Rhodes...she'll take care of you.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
MT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

So boooked this on the understanding it was near the NeW airport. From reading site description and all the info online, there is no clue that this is a Has Been Location. Meaning it was near the old airport. This hotel Used To Be Okay. Now it's just blah, imo. Regarding the location, the shuttle is near the proximity of the New Port. If you leave at 5a, for me, it was a 10min commute. What I did not care for was the phone ringing in my room in the wee morning hours. I informed the front desk I desired No Wake Up Call, as the other member of my party was not checking out til 10a. Shuttle was due to leave at 0445, phone rings at 0440. Ticked! Just left it off the hook.

Re the room it was ho hum, not deserving of the advertised price imo. Nothing special, unless you consider a flatscreen special. Bed was okay for two. Room didnt scream New but Old to Less than Old.

BL-if you're just looking for a crashover, this will work. If you're looking to impress, move on-

Room Tip: go above the 3rd floor. wish i had-
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here before flying to Cancun last week. Typical hotel with very pleasant staff. Check in was easy and quick. We parked are car here for 7 days (up to 14 if needed) for an additional $20. Free hotel shuttle was on time and about a 10 min ride. Upon return to Indy, we called the hotel, waited about 15 minutes for the van and went back for our car.
Staff was very friendly. They do have a small lobby bar, but i'd suggest taking your own beverages. One beer cost over $4. TV was maybe 17" and hung high on the wall.
The rooms were very clean with large TV and couch. Bathroom area a bit smaller than i prefer, but not terrible.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Peoria IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Just a short distance from the bypass, close to the airport and easy to find if you plan ahead or use GPS. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are nice. Given the limited rooms in Bloomington and the ripoff rates there, this is a good, if distant, alternative.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Not a bad hotel, just your typical Hyatt Place. The housekeeping could be better, the rooms are ok. It is across the street from a gas station and near a freeway so I heard trucks all night. The one thing I will rave about is the employees! They were pleasant and helpful. I was actually disappointed they don't allow you to tip on a room charge or credit card, must have cash. Hotel is considered an airport hotel but its almost about 10 minutes from downtown.

• Stayed September 2013
Castaic, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for work, while i visited a nearby customer. I was a little nervous while we drove to the hotel, as it seemed like it wasn't really in the middle of the city, which it wasn't. I wasn't going for the nightlife though, so that wasn't an issue for me. I was only here for Monday, then flew home Tuesday afternoon.

Overall the stay was actually quite pleasant. The person at the front desk was very polite and the room was very clean. Not much a view, but that didn't bother me. The bed was comfortable as was the couch. I didn't order food from here, I actually had Jimmy John's delivered to my room.

The next morning I went down for breakfast and they had a very good selection for their included breakfast and a nice area to sit and eat.

There were only 2 downfalls. 1 was that you are very close to the airport so you can hear the planes taking off. I'm not sure why, but I only heard 2 the whole time, so it wasn't really too bad. 2 was the walls are pretty thin, and I could hear the people in the room next to or above me.

Other then that, I would definitely reccomend this place. It was also pretty close to the Indy Speedway if you're coming to town for that!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Can not say enough good things about this hotel chain. The Indianapolis Airport version is very close to the airport. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The training seems to include a very standard orientation, including an offer to give a short tour of the facility. One nice point is that at every stay the front desk staff will walk around the counter to hand you the key face to face and point you to the elevator. Small touch, but very personal. The rooms, as usual are very good for business travelers, with a sectional sofa, work desk, ports for electronics to the television, free wifi and much more. Price was reasonable, and compares well with lesser hotel chains. The kicker is the breakfast, with the breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal, fruit and more. Much nicer than the typical stale breads at other chains.

Room Tip: Always select a high room and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Indianapolis Airport? Share your experiences!