“Poor Service, Inc.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Indianapolis Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Indianapolis Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Indianapolis Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5500 Bradbury Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46241 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #36 of 184 hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Poor Service, Inc.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night upon returning from a cross-country trip. We arrived at the Indy airport and called the hotel to arrange a shuttle as soon as we deplaned. After waiting OVER 40 MINUTES outside the airport with my two small children at nearly midnight, I again called the hotel and asked for an ETA. The front desk informed me the van would be there in 10 minutes (because presumably the driver had not left the hotel yet despite the call 40 mins earlier). About 20 minutes later, the van finally arrived to pick up the flight crew. I can only surmise the driver just decided to wait and pick us up when he came to get the crew. When I finally checked in at the hotel with my exhausted children, I explained that we had waited a very long time for the shuttle. The front desk failed to offer any apology and instead assigned us a room that had torn carpeting, a clogged shower and dirty glasses. Delightful. I wish I could say it got better, but I awoke to find the coffee pot at the breakfast buffet....EMPTY. The perfect ending for a miserable stay. The one upside was the shuttle driver who took us to the airport for our outbound flight. She was truly delightful--it's too bad she isn't promoted to the hotel general manager position.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bluffton, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in March 2013 for one night because of the proximity to the airport and the free shuttle. We actually stayed at this hotel three years ago when it was almost brand new. It is very modern, and the room was very spacious, with two double beds, and a large couch that pulled out into a bed, a bathroom, and a minibar. Our room was on the first floor; the whole area around our room smelled like sewage. Luckily, the room only faintly smelled like the hallway, but it was still bothersome. The rooms are showing some wear, like the cracked floor tiles. We ended up eating in the lobby. The food is somewhat pricey, but it was pretty good and everyone was happy with their food. We signed up in the lobby for our shuttle (we left at 4 a.m. and had eight people because we traveled with friends) and we left right on time. The driver even loaded our bags for us. We also parked our car there for the entire duration of our trip-- I recommend this so you don't have to park at the airport.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Hyatt Place is a nice place to stay when you are looking for a place to stay while doing other things in Indianapolis. My husband and I were tin Indianapolis on business and used Hyatt Place as a homebase for the time we were there.

The rooms were clean, spacious, the bed comfortable, and I loved the set up with a tiny kitchen like area (sans microwave), a nice sized desk (with lots of plugs to charge all your electrical goodies (loved this!)), and a sitting area where you can watch TV. We gotrented a room with a king sized bed that had easy viewing of the same TV. There were few to no drawers in the room if you are a person that likes to tuck away all your clothing in drawers and closet (you will have to stick with just the closet).

The free breakfast buffet was acceptable, (it would have been better if it was fresh) and there was an assortment to choose from.

All in all the place appeared to be well run, well kept up, and homey.

The area surrounding the hotel are a bit industrial with a lone Denny's close by. The people and service at Denny's were terrific though, they did a lot toward making us feel at home.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lafayette IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were leaving for cabo early the next morning, so we booked a one night stay here. They had a shuttle to the airport and picked up, so we could leave our car here. EXCELLENT! The driver was great! The drop off was great/coffee, selection of food was ready for us at 3:30 am and the pickup from vaca was awesome. We called and they were there in 20 minutes and he took us directly to our car/put luggage in car and brought us in for coffee. (It was 1:30 in the am.) Definitely recommend this place. Thanks soooo much

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Warrington, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Hyatt is a good option when nothing is else is available....Sounds like a back ended compliment doesn't it. It kinda is: Overall the hotel is very clean, and Hyatt is consistent in its product offering. Very clean and well maintained facilities all around, food is average, but available, rooms are large and comfortable and the bathroom fit for a Leprechaun (yes, I mean VERY small).
As a previous member mentioned, it is also a good 15 mins from the airport and in my case I had to call a couple times and wait over 30 mins before the (free) shuttle arrived to pick me up. If you MUST stay near the airport this is probably the best option, but otherwise, I'd stay downtown....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our first stop on a LONG trek West and after a 10 hour drive, this hotel was a welcome sight. The hotel was clean, spacious, and inviting. Our room was modern, clean and convenient (there were USB plugs in the panel next to the TV that were perfect for charging our electronics). My favorite aspect of the hotel was the fitness facility. It was large and the machines were top quality...not the cheap pieces of junk that you typically find in mid-range hotel. The continental breakfast was alright. There was a nice variety of food selections available - including a hot breakfast sandwich, but my sandwich seems to have been under the lamp too long...it was a bit on the dry side. Other than that small complaint (it's free food, after all) I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Indianapolis area.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is situated near what was the old Indianapolis airport. It is 12-15 minutes from the current IND airport.

I don't mind being away from the airport when in transit, but only if the hotel takes it's shuttle seriously. Today we called twice after getting the bags and still waited 35 minutes to get picked up. In all fairness, the past three stays they did get us within 15 minutes. Today, the worst was when we finally did check in, the clerk didn't appear to really care. She just couldn't come off script.... Thanking me for me for being Passport Gold, even though I was obviously irritated with standing outside for 35 minutes in the rain. If you run your shuttle at an airport hotel based on having enough people call for "pick up", then at least, let the customer know. If you are short handed, be proactive and manage expectations, etc. Seems like simple customer service.

Again, to be fair, the rooms are clean, modern and the staff friendly. Food is somewhat limited and getting anywhere else requires use of the "free" shuttle driver (maybe that is why they have delays??)

In the future, we will be staying closer to the IND airport, and research in advance, the hotel shuttle policies. Without a shuttle that runs like clockwork at an airport hotel, can anything else make a difference?

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Indianapolis Airport? Share your experiences!