“Been there, done that” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Columbia Club

You added Columbia Club to your Saves list
Columbia Club
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   121 Monument Circle, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Ranked #116 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“Been there, done that”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed at the Columbia Club because we had a conference there. There are some stricter rules they would liked follow about attire, but overall not that bad. After arriving at the hotel the valet/bellmen were right at the car and ready to help. I had some larger pieces to bring into the hotel and they did not hesitate. The rest of the staff was nice, but during our conference when we needed stuff it, things went into slow motion. Not on purpose but I think that is how they work. The rooms were on the small side, but nothing different than you would find in a older style hotel (like the Palmer House in Chicago). I was fortunate to have a Jr suite (basically two rooms, they open the door between the rooms) so it was not so closed in. That also allow me to entertain some clients and get some work done in my hotel room. My room seem to be one that was all ready renovated. The bar area is small, but there is seating outside the bar. I did not eat in the hotel except was was provided for our lunches and that was pretty good! The hotel is in a great location, walking distance to a lot of restaurant and attractions. We did feel that our group really did not fit in well there even thought we were business professionals we are fun loving type group and this was more a quiet library atmosphere. We tended to spend most of our time outside of the hotel for our dinners and activities on our free time. We had a great rate like $79 dollars, but there was a $25 valet parking rate but still overall great rate. For that kind of dollar amount you could look to stay there again but next time I would probably skip Columbia Club

Room Tip: Valet/Bellmen are the BEST, they are the reason for the good service rating. Ask for a Jr Suite if y...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
South Bend, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is a very pretty place . There are strict rules on attire and etiquette . The rooms are also true to the historic roots but are just fine and it does remind you of a very elegant era...roaring twenties with modern conveniences while maintaining the integrity of this building's past. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

There are many mixed reviews about the Columbia Club ~~~~ I loved it..... very nice and in a great location..... The lobby is beautiful and is full of wonderful art .... the rooms still have their classic touch. My room overlooked the front on the building so I had a direct view of the monument. I was there on St Patty's Day weekend..... there was a race/walk that left from in front of the hotel and they had bands until about 3 in the afternoon.... It is very close to many museums, mall etc..... loved the location !!!

If you are more of a "cookie cutter" type person, you may not like it as much as I did..... stay at the Hyatt were all the rooms are the exact same..... If you like classic bed and breakfasts.... the Columbia Club is for you !!!!!

Room Tip: Get a room that faces Monument Circle...... it is a stunning view.........
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
South Bend, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

In fairness, I admit that, because I was dealing with both a car problem and a work-related issue with limited time, I did not ask for another room. But the room I got (through Hotwire) had Visible dust on one wall; blood (not mine) on the sheets; cracked and lumpy wallpaper; mold on bathroom ceiling; a bathroom sink that would barely drain; dusty, gunky, sprinkler head; and on the service ledge that was my view, an old jug of chocolate milk. My room was next to an event suite and I was awoken at 6:15 am by the very noisy set up for an event that day. For me, the "former gentleman's club" vibe was not welcoming. In fact, other than two employees, I might have been the only woman in the hotel that night. The parking valet was an angel, though, and greatly helped me with my car.

Room Tip: I don't know if it's possible to have much control over room choice in a "club" of...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you were a Republican in Indianapolis from 1890 - 1990s and you weren't a member here, then politically you probably didn't matter much.

From the power seat of the party to a modernized and beautiful place to stay, this has everything and is the perfect place to enjoy all that downtown INDY has to offer!

• Stayed February 2013
Delphi, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I, along with some friends, hosted an event off site. We stayed at the hotel for the weekend due to its proximity. The front desk staff was great, the valet's were friendly and helpful and the mangament was wonderful. our party was a costumed event and we had a number of people wondering the hotel in various costumes and all the staff was increadable kind and complimentary.
I had dinner in the Harrison Grill, the food and prices were great. Less expensive that I was expecting.
Overall my group was so impresses by our experience we are planning on moving our entire event to the hotel for 2014.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went for a wedding, lobby, bar, dining area all first class with the early '20's historic feel, Rooms were above average except for the showers...WHICH WERE HUGE AND WELL APPOINTED! Easily the biggest and best shower I've ever encountered in an accommodation. Could easily fit four people inside comfortably, had it's own light, a stone bench to sit on across the back wall, and two controls...one for temperature, and one for VOLUME!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Columbia Club? Share your experiences!