“Tower Inn now closed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Methodist Tower Inn

Methodist Tower Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indianapolis
Methodist Tower Inn
You added Methodist Tower Inn to your Saves list
1633 North Capitol Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46202   |
Ranked #13 of 20 Indianapolis B&B and Inns
“Tower Inn now closed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Im from out of town and loved to stay here. Was reasonable price and very very
convient but greedy hospital is going to build a new surgical center here so they
can make lots more money. Im very disappointed and will probably go to different
doctors now. No hotels in area at all, gota drive way south of town to find rooms
at a descent price. Just shows how hospitals are in business to make tons of
money and not to help patients. Hosptial is in bad part of town and is an awful
maze of hallways. Im totally lost all the time. Hospital staff is not very helpful,
some will help, some just walk away. Im shopping for a new hospital.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Green Bay, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My 82 year old mother and I had to unexpectedly stay at the Methodist Tower Inn when my 91 year old father was admitted to the hospital while at a WWII Veterans reunion. We are from out of town, so the convenience to the hospital was greatly appreciated. Parking was free in garage 4. No internet in the rooms, but you can get online at the hospital. Very reasonably priced. Bare bones room, but clean and comfortable. Helped make it easy to get back and forth with skywalk access to hospital.
Also, only a few plugs available, so if you have more than one computer and one cell phone to plug in, good luck. But really did have a good nights sleep - bed was comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank darosey
North Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We have stayed in a slew of different hotels, and this was possibly the worst. They don't take American Express, so if your health insurance provider uses this card for cancer or transplant patience, you will have to pay out of pocket. Which is not good.

Also, you have to park in parking garage4 for hotel guests, and it is very difficult to find the entrance to since have the entrance in an obscure with only one lane to get in. Do not park in garages 1-3, since you will have to pay to get parking BEFORE you finally get to go to ramp 4. Bums hang around there and beg for money, which they don't do at other hotels.

Also, we had really bad air conditioning and we had to wait to 11pm to have the hotel front desk to tell us that we had to move to another floor where the air worked. Mind you, it was 96 degrees outside. ALSO, the hotel staff didn't even help us move to the other floor. All we got was "Sorry for the inconvenience". I had to be in heart surgery at 6am that next morning, and we had our two children with us, so we only got approx. 4 hours sleep.

NOT good. Stress of the children, the bad over night and the heart surgery. They need to be more attentive.

Not there again!!!

We will be at Methodist and IU med center ALOT, but not at that hotel.

Room Tip: Go to the hotels attached to IU medical, and take the People Movers to Methodist.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Tony M
Elkhart, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

No complaints here. Stayed for three days while a relative was at the hospital. The hotel is right next door from the hospital and parking garage. Free parking if you ask the front desk to validate your ticket. The bathrooms are nice and clean, carpet was clean, and there is a nice view. Well worth the money!

• Stayed May 2012
5 Thank sarahwebbes
Lebanon, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Had 3 families staying at the hotel. They were telling us how wonderful it was. We went to see my sister that is in very critical condition and decided to stay after driving 8 hours. So that was 2 more parties going to stay at this hotel. The party that came with us there room was great. Wonderful view and very clean. My parties room consisted of one light not working, booger on the wall, cob web in the corner, small t.v and plumbing in shower half way working. When we came back to retrieve our belongings to check out. Our door to our room was propped open 3 doors down the housekeeper was visiting with the other house keeper. My mom is diabetic so all her diabetic syringes, medications as well as all our belongings were in the room with the open door that was unattended and anyone could have went in and took any of it. We all paid the same price for the rooms $76.05 no discount for all the parties and out of 5 parties 1 bad room.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Jonsjul
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I'd read an outdated review on another website & was prepared for the worst, but my stay was actually pleasant. I was on the 12th floor in a corner & felt I had the Penthouse. The room was very clean, large & nicely carpeted with nice furniture & TV. The view was magnificent overlooking the Capitol bldg. & most of Indy. The view rivaled other hotels across the country where I've stayed to the point I left the blinds open all night. Another guest informed me where the ice machine was located. No coffee maker in room. Only other flaw was the thin toilet paper. I usually bring my own, but was in a rush to pack this time. I'd stay there again if family were in a hospital there. I was stuck there alone without a car, so the monorail was great to get me to I.U. Hospital.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank JCK3
Muncie, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

Recently a relative had a serious surgery at Methodist Hospital and I stayed at Methodist Tower Inn. It is not the Hilton. I didn't need luxuary, I needed safety and convenience and I found it there. It is safe, the rates are not cheap but are modest and include parking in the attached garage. It does not have a restaurant.

My room was very clean, it is attached to the hospital via skybridge, the mattress was surprisingly MUCH more plush and comfortable than I've slept on in much more expensive hotels. I was pleased to have mini-refrigerator and microwave in the room.The ability to bring along snacks and cold drinks was very welcome after spending many hours in the hospital. I wished check-in were earlier than 3 p.m. but it's large and busy and has 12 p.m. checkout so that's probably logisitically understandable. I felt safe. Free WIFI via the hospital network is available. The staff was gracious and helpful.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business