“Spacious and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport - W. Southern Ave.

You added Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport - W. Southern Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport - W. Southern Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5350 W Southern Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46241 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #115 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Jordan
“Spacious and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed at this Extended Stay America for one day only in November of 2013, was in town to attend an event, the room was very spacious; a big double bed, a joint living room, kitchenette and bathroom.

The taxi dropped me on the wrong Hotel (there is a different Extended Stay on the other side of the road), and of the workers was kind enough to drive me in her van to the other side.

Reliable and fast internet that is very reasonably priced, considering I was coming from New York and only staying for one day, this was a very good night sleep.

Room Tip: Make sure you are dropped off at the right Hotel where you're booked at, as there are two Extend...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport - W. Southern Ave., responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to read that you enjoyed your spacious room and your fully-equipped kitchen. I am also pleased to read that you received such great service from my staff. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Made reservation last minute for the tournament! Not a bad room for the price! Very roomy! Only stayed one night so it was great! Just a very weird food smell throughout the hall way and room. Couch was stained and its was decently clean, but for the price you can't beat it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport - W. Southern Ave., responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your spacious room and that you found our hotel to be a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.
Morristown, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I made a reservation at the Indianapolis Airport Extended Stay America because I needed to be near the airport for a shuttle ride. When I checked into my room and scheduled a shuttle to the airport, I was told that I would have to pay $20 for the three-mile shuttle to the airport. This charge was not listed on the Extended Stay America website. This increased the price of staying at this hotel by 25% with no notification - highway robbery taking advantage of out-of-town visitors.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Schererville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Attempted to stay here for one week and nothing about this stay allowed me to make it through the week! Rooms not clean! Carpet is filthy and bedding is dirty! Phones were not operating.

The toilet was making a weird noise and it was reported (staff said it was normal) NOT! Went to flush the toilet and the water backed up so bad that it flooded the bathroom, carpeted closet, and half of the bedroom! Went downstairs to attempt to be moved (NO WAY SOMEONE COULD STAY IN THERE) instead they sent maintenance up with a plunger wet vac and chemicals!! Told them this was not going to work and wanted to be moved or comped for the remaining nights (I would have found a new location), ROSIE at the front desk chuckled and said you will not be comped and the hotel was booked so I couldn't move. Asked to speak with the manager because y would I pay to stay in a urine and now bleach soaked carpet?!? I told her it was her responsibility to accommodate guest ROSIE (when I asked for her last name stated "I'm the only rosie who works here so they know me") had the audacity to state "THIS JOB DOESN'T MAKE OR BREAK ME" Wow customer service anyone?!?

The manager (who was actually polite) came in mid Rosie's rant and stated she would accommodate me by moving me to the other location (literally two stop signs over) without a problem. I moved to the other Extended stay (I advise everyone to opt this location if you have to stay here!!)

The fact I had to ARGUE with a guest services attendant about being moved from a flooded room baffles me. This establishment should be ashamed of themselves. Be careful who you hire because they can either represent your business great or as in this case poor.

Overview:
Dirty Rooms
Filthy Towels
Muffins and granola bars are called breakfast
Filthy carpet
RUDE STAFF (Clearly others agreed with this based on reviews)

Stay @ the other Extended Stay location if you have to stay.
WAY better options for price in close proximity.

I've been reviewing for a while so please take heed! I have also resorted to reporting this hotel to corporate.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear you had such an unsatisfactory stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the cleanliness issues in your room, and the poor service you received from my staff. In response to your feedback, I will be meeting with my housekeeping staff to review cleanliness standards and procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I will be meeting with my entire team to review customer service standards to ensure that this does not happen again. I also regret to read that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our breakfast selection. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ina@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I was charged an additional $50-75 because my son choose to stay with me. Management was rude and unaccommodating. When I mentioned the numerous issues we experienced, in addition to the charges, the manager said "this is not the Hilton".

Room Tip: If staying for a few days, choose a real hotel/motel. I did not stay an extended stay.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport - W. Southern Ave., responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed to read that you received such poor service from my staff and management. To prevent this from happening again, I will be meeting with my entire team to review customer service standards. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ina@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay America location in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Was forced to stay here for work, very dirty rooms couch looks like they found it on the street. Staff was rude night manager very rude and untactful. Had to leave the room for a few hours and staff cleaned out my fridge assuming I checked out I had the room for another day. Complained to evening manager she was very rude about it saying I should know how it works here. Stay anywhere else if you have a choice this place is not worth the headache. The place was so bad im looking into shorting the stock through put options. If the other Stay America hotels are this bad it should be easy money

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I recently had scheduled my annual ride with my club and chose this location and I am so glad that I did. It was a busy weekend and they were still able to accommodate all of the people in our club. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel is clean and in a great location close to downtown. We will plan on going back next year!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport - W. Southern Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport - W. Southern Ave.

Address: 5350 W Southern Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46241 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Location: United States > Indiana > Indianapolis
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #115 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport - W. Southern Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport - W. Southern Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Indianapolis-Airport-w Southern Ave Hotel Indianapolis
Extended Stay Indianapolis
Indianapolis Extended Stay
Extended Stay America Indianapolis

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport - W. Southern Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.