“Fabulous Service and exceptionally Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8180 N Shadeland Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46250   |
Ranked #10 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Findlay, Ohio
“Fabulous Service and exceptionally Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Myself and four girlfriends stayed overnight here on a two day shopping trip. The hotel is close to Castleston Mall and Keystone Crossing. We were treated quickly and cheerfully upon check-in by the front desk staff. The kick back snacks and drinks were a nice treat to keep us until our dinner reservation. We checked in with only 20 minutes and the bar tenders were so great. They gave us drinks to go so we could get to our room.

The room was very nice and spacious with a sitting area separate from the bedroom. Five women were able to move around and have room for luggage/packages. The bathroom was large and there was a large counter top on the outside in a hallway for all the make up bags, blow dryers, and other things we travel with. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Instead of the pull out sofa, we requested a rollaway bed. I slept on it and had a great night's sleep.

Breakfast in the morning was great. The food was hot, plentiful, and the area was very clean. It was nice to have so many choices and have it included. It gave us a great start to another big shopping day.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My last 2 visits here were less than enjoyable, but since hotel is clean and close to where I am visiting I gave it another chance. Checked in quickly and efficiently. After a very long morning I was looking forward to reading by the pool and relaxing. Not happening. Pool closed until tomorrow. Waiting on some to check the water. Last stay was reasonable price. this time $40 more and no pool. Not one mention of pool being closed when I called yesterday and no mention at check in. Had to find out after changing into suit and going down to pool. No excuse for this. Desk didn't offer any compensation, but I will be asking. If the rest of my stay goes like the 1st day, I may move to another hotel(although most in the area are full). Not likely to return to this hotel again. I pay extra to use a pool, because I don't have one at home. I had a reservation at the Hampton Inn and canceled so I could have the outdoor/indoor pool. Hampton was less money, so I am mad at myself for not being more frugal. Also, I am a Drury Club member, but you would never know it. They always put me on the freeway side of the hotel. Even numbered rooms are noisier. I will review again if the management makes up for the poor treatment of its repeat customers.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, as your comments will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our service. I sincerely apologize that you were not able to use the pool during your recent stay at our hotel in Indianapolis. There was a significant maintenance issue with the pool that required immediate attention, and we had to close the pool unexpectedly, as our guests' safety is our first priority. We value your business and sincerely regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved.

I assure you that we have already taken steps to ensure that this is corrected so that you and our other guest's receive the absolute best service during your stay. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs in the future.

Andrew Woodruff
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My family and I, consisting of 4 adults and 3 children, booked two rooms for a one night stay. Check-in was quick and friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. But the pleasant surprises were the evening Kickback and the breakfast. Good food (not gourmet, but very good) and a great evening happy hour and meal if you're open to just basic food and drink. We and our kids and grandkids loved it. The kids also enjoyed the pool after the Kickback. The only small negative was our room air conditioner was pretty noisy, but that doesn't change the overall satisfaction. Given the situation, we'd stay here again without a doubt!

Room Tip: If you want want it more quiet, ask for a room away from the expressway.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ft. wayne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband and I met our son's family @ the Drury Inn a few weeks ago and, wow, what a wonderful place to stay! We have since stayed there again and will continue to come back when we visit Indy in the future!!! We had 3 son's who all played travel hockey, so needless to say, we spent half our lives in hotels all over the country and never once stayed at a Drury Inn....what a loss for us!!!!
The check-in both times were fast and friendly....the lobby is spacious and has beautiful marble throughout. Our grandkids absolutely loved the heated indoor/outdoor pool....(loved swimming back and forth under the wall....what a cool and unique feature)!!! The pool area was very clean and equipped with pool towels at all times. The rooms were very nice and clean and the beds were very comfortable. But what we enjoyed the most was the absolutely awesome Breakfast (and I mean AWESOME) and the unbelievable evening layout (and I mean UNBELIEVABLE and UNEXPECTED). The Manager made many rounds making sure everyone was ok and had what they needed.....We really can't say enough except...WOW; very impressive... we would have a hard time finding and/or staying elsewhere for the reasonable room rates that they have and all the amenities that go along with your stay. We will always go back as long as they have rooms available!!! PS..my husband loved the around the clock popcorn and sodas....GREAT JOB DRURY

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I was working in Indy for three weeks, and my company set me up in the Drury Inn. I went home on weekends, so I actually stayed in three different types of rooms. The King Suite was very nice and really too big for just one person. The 2 Queen bed room was also nice, but did not have a mini-fridge which would have been better. On the last week I had a King bed and the room had a fridge. All three rooms were very clean and had the same nice decor. Large HDTV was good. Was not too crazy about a soap dispenser in the shower, but used the small hand soap in the sink area instead.

The breakfasts were fantastic! Eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, cereal, donuts, bagels, etc! The evening snack/meal was also very good. Every day you could have a baked potato, soup, salad or hotdog. In addition, they rotate theses menu items every 2 days: Ziti and meatballs, then chicken strips and mac/cheese. It's all you can eat, so a good value for families. They also give a coupon for 3 free drinks with this meal, which includes beer, wine and mixed drinks. I stuck with the wine. The drinks are somewhat small, but you can't beat the price!

I have never stayed at a Drury inn before, but this one was so good that I'd consider this hotel and hotel chain for other business and family trips.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have to admit that I have never stayed at a Drury Inn before. I was apprehensive before the booking. Upon arrival, I was impressed with the high ceiling lobby and the décor of the hotel. The receptionist Jake and the General Manager, Andrew Woodruff, were most helpful. The room was spacious and clean. Best of all, it has a soap and shampoo dispenser in the bathroom. I have seen them in Asia but never in US. They are environmental wise and efficient. The breakfast was above and beyond the same class hotels.
All and all, we were extremely pleased with our stay. We will come back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Our family has traveled to Indianapolis four or five times in the last year. We have stayed at this property on each occassion because we have been met with a very clean and pleasant environment, friendly and professional staff who had customer service as an obvious goal, and bountiful and delicious food. The General Manager of this property clearly sets a high goal of providing great value to the guests and the provision of exceptional service. Thanks for many wonderful stays. We will see you again soon!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast? Share your experiences!