“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 183 hotels in Indianapolis
Reno
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We came across this Drury Inn during a cross country road trip. We stayed at a wide variety of places on the trip, including higher end boutique hotels, B&B's, and a number of "old standards" for travelers. The Drury was a most pleasant surprise - it met the key basic criteria for us: very clean and secure. Moreso, among other benefits we found, this establishment was the best value during our travel and the staff was at least as positive, friendly and competent as any of the places we stayed. We did not find another Drury in the cities we traveled, but will be looking for these in the future.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

295 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Denver, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed 2 nights on a weekend and it was incredibly busy with teenage sports teams and young families overnighting for swim parties. Breakfast was typical Drury Suites buffet which includes my standby, cooked oatmeal. Friendly staff at desk and breakfast. The king bed in our suite jiggled & rocked at the slightest move of a sleeping partner which was annoying. Drury still uses bed frames instead of the more solid platform boxes we find at most other hotels. Drury's rooms are hermetically sealed although this location had quieter ventilation than most Drurys we've tried. If we stop here again I will book 2 queen beds. Sturdy Drury construction kept the gale force storm front at bay. The suite was enormous for 2 people, but offers great breathing space for traveling families. Nice clean guest laundry with efficient machines & reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for side facing Shadeland Blvd to avoid minimize highway noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Elkhart, Indiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I would love to know what other hotel offers a great evening snacks and 3 FREE alcoholic beverages, then in the morning offers a hot breakfast? I have never been in a hotel that offered all of these amenities, plus a pool that is 1/2 indoors and 1/2 outdoors. The room was clean and I thought that the way that they had the shampoo, body wash, and hair conditioner attached inside the bathtub/shower was user friendly and great for the environment. Where other hotels waste plastic bottles, that end up in our landfills.
The staff was amazing, even the hotel manager ( I believe his name was Mr. S. L.) was walking around offering coffee and orange juice to the guest and picking up trash "AWESOME!". I have never experienced a place where they go from table to table offering beverages, greeting the guest, and talking to all the guest. The breakfast crew was amazing and so friendly, especially Leslie. She took the time to talk to me. They took the time to say Good Morning to everyone.
The hotel was extremely clean, it had granite tables and countertops throughout the hotel that were polished. I have been in my fair share of hotels where the employees cared more about their paycheck then the guest and EACH OTHER. Even one employee said that they all get along so well together. The administration should be extremely proud of this hotel and the GREAT STAFF that works for this hotel. They really care and it shows in their attitude and professional work. A great place to bring the family, stay for business, or a getaway for two. The hotel was extremely busy during our stay, however the staff worked above and beyond to be accommodating.

Sincerely, Mrs. Elizabeth Ordonez

• Stayed October 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Wonderful friendly staff. The room and entire hotel was neat and clean. Enjoyed the pool and hot tub area but the chlorine was a little too strong. The breakfast bar was good, a lot of options but the kickback in the afternoon was not too hot. However there was always popcorn and drinks available

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stay at this Drury several times a year on my way to the Mayo Clinic In Rochester, MN and back. We've been staying there since it opened and have loved it. Twice on this trip I was highly disappointed. First on 9/7/13, I requested a handicap room on a higher floor. I made this reservation months in advance. I was told the higher floors were under construction, so they gave me an "upgrade" to a handicap suite. On our return trip, I was given the requested room on the 8th floor. The clerk at the desk had no knowledge of anything being done to the higher floors over the weekend. However, the bed in the room on the 8th floor had a peculiar chemical smell. I didn't notice it until the sheets were turned down. My husband was already asleep or I would have asked for a different room. The smell DID keep me awake most of the night. I reported it to Matt, the assistant manager, in the morning and he said he would look into it. The thing that bothers me most is that I was not permitted a room on a higher floor on Sat., but on that Thursday the clerk knew nothing about the higher floors and yet there was a chemical smell permeating from the bed. Just wondering...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Love Drury Inns--free drinks and food 5:30-7 (happy hour anyone?) and while it's not really healthy food, it's something when you get in tired from being a road warrior. The staff was fun, responsive and accomodating. Beds were comfortable, rooms were clean and the price was reasonable (AAA rates). I'd go back in a heartbeat--I was almost sorry we only stayed one night on our way through town. Definitely a great place to kick back, relax, get nourished and shake the road dust off.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Peoria, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at various Drury Inn & Suites over the years. We have never been disappointed until our most recent stay. We booked for 2 nights for a total cost of $363.00. Not a bargain, and we realized we could have stayed at a 4 Star for much less!!!!When we checked into our room, a smell of smoke and odors were very apparent, even though this is a "100% Smoke Free" hotel. This is also a pet friendly hotel and it was apparent in our room also, as you will see in the pictures. Our room was a 2 Room suite, as we traveled with my sister and her two young children. It was her first time staying at a Drury Inn and also her last. There was visible garbage on floor that hadn't been vacuumed, the furniture was scraped and old, the couch had many rips; most likely chew marks from a dog, the walls had food stains, crayon, and what looked to be blood!!!!! We had unpacked the kids and all our luggage and I decided the room did not meet our expectations, so we were given another 2 Room suite. No help to move, no apologies and nothing for our trouble. The kickback reception, which we used to enjoy, was crowded with people taking more than their fare share of food each trip. The drinks were not good (bloody mary, margarita). The first night my sister slept on the hide-a-way. The room was hot, even after we turned down the thermostat to 65, which caused us in the bedroom to freeze!!!!The next morning when I went down for breakfast, the coffee was empty. I had to make another trip down for coffee. As a Gold Key Club member with many stays under our belt, I think this will have been our last stay at a Drury Inn & Suites. It wasn't worth the money spent.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a suite!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast? Share your experiences!