“NEVER EVER STAY HERE!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Park, Stay, and Fly
Ranked #19 of 183 hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Arkansas
“NEVER EVER STAY HERE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

First of all, I am a Hilton Honors Gold Member. I love my Hampton Inns. While this hotel was nice and large, the noise was indescribable. It's by the airport, I get it. I stay by the airport frequently, especially when I have an early flight. You ARE going to get some noise. HOWEVER, THIS HOTEL SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN. I am not exaggerating when I tell you, I could HEAR the wheels of the plane lifting. I didn't sleep one second. Very very dissappointed. I don't often leave reviews, but I feel obligated to save someone else the heartache. Luckily for me, I was headed home and not a meeting the next morning.

• Stayed November 2012
Adraab10, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
hello maui555,

I wanted to send you a quick message to apologize for the air traffic disturbance you experienced while at our Hampton Inn & Suites. As the closest hotel to the new IND airport terminal, we are within close proximity to the airport and exterior noise is occasionally an issue.

Although we don't typically have many guests affected, we have ear plugs and other alternatives to lesson the impact on your stay. We do advise that if you tend to be a lite sleeper that you request a room on a lower level.

Although you did find the noise to be a nuisance, I would love you to consider us once again if in the area. I am confident that you would find it no trouble to sleep if we took the extra precaution.

Take Care,
GM

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great hotel near the airport. Large, clean, comfortable rooms. Well soundproofed - very little hall noise noticed in the rooms. The staff were also very friendly, and accommodated my request for a late checkout.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I am giving this Hampton an excellent rating because of the staff, the facility, and the rooms. The staff were friendly and accomodating, facility is bright and cheerful and the rooms are clean and love the fresh duvets and sheets. I would stay here again, I have stayed at the HGI across the parking lot and the attitude of the staff isn't worth the hassle, and I will stay at the Hampton next time I'm in Indy.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I am Diamond HH member and stayed one night on business trip. Had an early flight and decided to stay there night before, Checked in late that night and room was waiting for me. Hotel was sold out so glad I was able to even get in. Hotel was very clean, looks new. Front desk staff were very friendly and quick with checkin. Room was pretty standard for Hampton. Newer furniture and large bathrooms. Flat screen TV with Hidef stations. AC is window unit which is typical for Hampton. Those can be a bit noisy. Bed was comfortable. Nice towels in the bathroom. Wifi was strong but a bit slow.

Took shuttle to airport the next morning. Very friendly driver and right on time!

Great place to stay if you have to catch a flight early in the morning.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've now stayed at this Hampton Inn three times - all overnights before early morning flights. It's new, clean and comfortable. Staff are friendly. Rooms are spacious, with good climate control and very comfortable beds. The king rooms with only a shower seem to be the "new" Hampton design with the bed not against the wall adjoining the next room which I really like - keeps it more quiet when sleeping. Bathrooms are clean. Free parking and wifi.

My only "complaint" would be that you will hear planes starting at about 3:30am as the Fed Ex cargo flights begin at that time. I can't speak to when they stop taking off as I usually am leaving by 5:30am to catch a very early morning flight. They are loud enough that I could even hear them while in the shower. Since it is an airport hotel though, I wasn't surprised or bothered by the noise. Oh, and the elevator always smells like diesel for some reason.

My first choice near IND. I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the interstate and airport. You'll still hear the planes, but they won...
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I guess I was expecting an "all suites" hotel like some other chains. Not the case here. Just a regular room- 2 beds, desk, chair.

All in all, nice enough, but nothing special. Very clean, good service, breakfast. However, there is really nothing nearby for food, shops, etc. The front desk gave some handy info for local places. Closest is Metropolis mall area about 10 minute drive away with a mall, all typical chain restaurants, etc.

Stayed October 2012
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I think I may be changing to Hampton Inns from now on. I have noticed that they all smell so nice in their rooms....like clean laundry! This was no exception. Very nice and clean facility. Great airport shuttle that runs every half hour.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport? Share your experiences!