“Perfect for the situation” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #90 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Evansville, Indiana
“Perfect for the situation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were in town for a basketball tournament. We made arrangements to stay the whole time, unfortunately our team was out before we planned. The staff was very good at working with us to avoid being charged for the unused days. I would not expect them to always do this but in this case it worked out for us.

The rooms were small but had everything we needed for our visit. The front desk was very helpful in getting our party what we needed to keep the kids feed. We saved a lot of money making meals in the room.

The laundry facility was clean and convenient.
This facility is home to a lot of people on the road. Some places smelled of smoke more than others and you could tell people cooked in their rooms. I prepared for this by having a air freshener for our room. But I think the best thing we did was bring our own pillows.

The rooms are not cleaned daily and that worked for us because of our game schedule.

Our room didn't hear any of the road traffic.

I would not plan a romantic weekend in this hotel, a special family vacation or girls weekend away. However if I'm looking for a place to stay that is convenient affordable and a safe place with a pleasant staff I would have to consider the Suburban chain.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We booked a 9 day stay. Arrived after midnight. Check-in for room 308 was through a lock-box with easy to follow directions. Wi-Fi code was not with keycards but able to obtain through Wi-Fi help line. Full size fridge, dishwasher, microwave and 2 burner electric stove. 4 place settings of dishes, flatware, glasses. A couple pots and pans. Dishwasher soap packet provided but no liquid soap for hand washing dishes. Since you have such limited plates, glasses, not sure why one would use a dishwasher. Only place to eat in room is at desk which is attached to wall. There's a small covered picnic area with grills. Bathroom has very tiny counter space, hard to set out toiletries to use, even while using them. Stored them under the kitchen sink. A shelf would be nice. No hair blower. Our shower was difficult to operate and since it was the weekend, maintenance was not available. Although website states daily/weekly cleaning, I didn't realize that we were on the weekly schedule. Towels can be exchanged at the front desk, when they're open. No cleaning supplies, broom, vacuums. Adequate number of coin washers/dryers in laundry room. Ironing boards/irons are in laundry room only. Staff is very nice. Grounds are litter free. We stayed 3 days. Daily housekeeping was important to me this trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Road Warrior
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed in this hotel 4 years ago and was back in the area so decided to give it another shot since the corporate rates are so reasonable. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much, 4 years can be hard on a budget, high traffic, extended stay hotel but surprisingly this place is still holding up reasonably well. In fact I would say that this stay was even a bit better then last.

Much of what I wrote in my review back in 2010 still stands, the rooms are still smallish, dark and dank and the walls are still paper thin, nothing can change those things, however, the things they could improve on, cleanliness, wifi, customer service, etc they did.

Yes the place could use perhaps a little sprucing up, new bedding, new room lighting and new paint would work wonders but for the most part everything was in good condition and worked well.

Cleanliness was much improved over my last stay, as was the Internet speeds, you can now stream video without any problems despite the hotel being near or full capacity most nights it seems. Tv channel selection still leaves a lot of be desired.

Overall it's perfectly adequate, I really don't see the need to spend the extra dollars and stay at their neighboring property the Candlewood Suites, unless you want a bit more space and a few other amenities. I really don't feel as though the Candlewood is worth $30 or $40+ more per night though, much of that your paying for the IHG name.

With that said I guess if I were staying more than a week maybe I would choose the Candlewood, depending on the price at the time, but anything under that the Suburban would work out fine for me. I can see getting pretty claustrophobic at the Suburban for more than a week as the rooms are quite small.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jackson, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Family member had surgery at near by hospital. The staff here were so nice. The room was clean and quiet. Had some road traffic but wasn't bad. I stayed 5 nights. The staff even asked about my husband. They were great.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We travelled to Indy for a family members medical emergency. Very clean, great staff and even though near two major expys fairly quiet. It is basic (no pool or exercise room) but clean as a whistle! Nice kitchenette area. Lots of restaurants and shopping centers nearby, less than a mile. Quick entry to expys means easy access to rest of city and northern burbs.

Stayed March 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Nice, clean accommodations. The staff was courteous and helpful. On Monday nights they have a meet and greet for the guests with free food and drinks sponsored by local establishments and that is a plus. Within easy walk of restaurants.
On the minus side was the fact that it is up against a major highway making it a bit noisy at night. Lots of truck traffic an be a bit disturbing late at night.

Stayed February 2014
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Pros: Just enough room to get around in. Full size fridge which is nice. Kitchenette kind of small, but we manage. Beds are wonderful, comfortable! Glad to have room svc once a wk. Price is unbeatable for a long-term stay. Clean, neat arrangement. Free internet. Mgmt is attentive, housekeeping & maintenance very accomodating. Easy access off hwy, close to everything in the Castleton area.

Cons: Smoke-free facility but someone's smoke gets into our room. Limited tv channels, ice on the window (inside).

Overall, a great place to stay temporarily.

Room Tip: Great location, quiet (4th floor) on the end farthest from the hwy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dave_B2013621, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay N East, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for providing feedback for our hotel. We strive to provide our guests with the best possible feedback and I will pass the information on to your staff. Thank you for telling us about the issues so that we can look into them and solve them. As a non-smoking property we strive to make sure everyone adheres to the law and will continue to investigate and handle any issues with guests who violate that policy. Again I want thank you for your kind remarks.

Been to Suburban Extended Stay N East? Share your experiences!