“Exceptional service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Indianapolis

You added Le Meridien Indianapolis to your Saves list
Le Meridien Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   123 South Illinois Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Formerly Canterbury Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #18 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Eureka, Missouri
“Exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed at Le Meridien Indianapolis when our volleyball club played in a Junior Qulaifier at Captiol Sports Center last weekend. The rooms were small but trendy and clean, the TV was great for watching basketball, and the shower was fantastic. The location of the hotel, gathering area on the first floor and the bar were perfect for our group. Above all though, the staff truly went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. I was part of a group of parents, coaches, and 14-17 year old girls that have stayed in numerous hotels across the country. We encountered some of the most friendly and accommodating front desk, bar staff, and door men EVER here. No request went unattended to. We usually expect some amount of rudeness, as we are travelling with teens, but had no issues here. We will DEFINITELY stay here again and highly recommend it to anyone considering a hotel stay in downtown Indianapolis.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
LMIndy, General Manager at Le Meridien Indianapolis, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hello Seana A,

Let me just say that we are truly grateful for the kind words regarding our service at the property. The team here is certainly dedicated and it is through surveys such as yours that their dedication is fueled to continually work towards achieving our goal of being one of the best hotels in Indy and within the Le Meridien brand.

We look forward to your next visit to Indy!

Nick Clark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We where in town for a Pacers game, this hotel is a short walk to Bankers Fieldhouse, Lucas stadium, and the Convention Center. There are many restaurants in the area from fast food to pretentious elagantay . Our room was on the top floor and we had a great view, the room itself was super clean and cozy with a cool modern vibe, The room had 2 king beds that where very plush and one of the most comfortable beds I have had in a hotel. The room was quiet, had a great shower and a large flat screen TV,
What stands out the most to me is the staff from the valet to the front desk they are all exceptional

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
LMIndy, General Manager at Le Meridien Indianapolis, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Hello smooch999,

Thank you for choosing our property during your recent visit to downtown Indy. I appreciate the glowing review, especially the kind words regarding the staff. I am very fortunate to have such a great team of dedicated hospitality professionals and will be sure to pass along your praise.

Go Pacers,
Columbus, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I happened to see that this was open after reno and decided to give it a go. First impression was good, the entrance is nice with the bar/restaurant area immediately inside, then the actual check-in counter was a bit secluded further in.

Staff was super friendly, check in was fast and they provided free water without me asking, that's always a nice gesture.

The room itself was very small, barely just fit the bed. Bathroom was almost as big as the room :) But everything was nice and clean.

The real disappointment became apparent when it was time to sleep and things got quieter within the hotel; there is absolutely no soundproofing so when people are moving around in the corridor you can not only hear them talk but you hear them MOVE (and I don't mean footsteps, I mean the swishing of clothes). You could just as well have the door open (I actually went up and checked to see if it was indeed closed since there was so much sound coming in).

So. If and when I pay $200 for one nights stay I expect a better nights sleep than that.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
LMIndy, General Manager at Le Meridien Indianapolis, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello dodgecamaro,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Le Meridien Indianapolis. I regret that you had such a poor nights rest at our property. Providing a good nights sleep is the business we are in and I apologize that was not the case for you.

Candidly, we have actually received the opposite regarding feedback of the rooms being quiet. Several past guests of the former hotel have specifically commented on the improvements made in this effort. During our renovation we were sure to take measures to improve the IIC and STC ratings of the rooms with regards to sound proofing. We have received two comments from guests in our '01 rooms that are within feet of the elevator that could faintly hear the chime of the elevator, however that is few and far between.

I do however understand that none of this changes the fact that you had a poor nights sleep and for that I apologize. Please know that we took the proper precautions that were in our control to improve the sleep quality at the hotel and ensure the ratings were in line with regulatory requirements.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We checked in just 3+ months after Le Meridien opened after a multi-million dollar renovation of the old Caterbury Hotel. Hospitality was A+. Everyone was super friendly and competent. We were put up in one of their largest suites, which made it comfortable at all. I was told by my hosts that the rooms were really tiny. What's missing in the rooms:
(1) Too few trash cans and recycling cans (there is one of each to serve the entire suite)
(2) The thermostatic controls are erratic

We were trapped with the Sunday blizzard and so ate at their restaurant Spoke and Steele. For lunch, we shared an order of the pork belly corn dogs - comforting but just a bit over-fatty - and an order of smelts. Everything tasted very fresh. For dinner, we shared their burger - again, tasted good. Shortly after dinner, my mum started vomiting. I myself did not feel 100% the next day but certainly went about my duties with my hosts (I did consume more wine than she and might have zapped the bug). When I shared this with my hosts the next day, she shared that she started vomiting after a meal at Spoke and Steele as well. Might be a coincidence but thought I'd share this.

I would like to say I would come again, but I'm a little turned off by the above experiences.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite if you are not travelling alone
Hello DNARNA2014,

Thank you very much for the candid feedback regarding your stay with us. Reading your review was certainly concerning. We are trying to make a name for ourselves with Spoke & Steele as one of the best restaurants that downtown has to offer. We have served thousands of guests and this is the first we are hearing of the food causing vomiting. It is my hope that this is unrelated to your dining experience at Spoke & Steele but would very much like to speak with you so that myself and my F&B team can properly investigate what happened. Please feel free to call the hotel and ask to speak with myself or Jason Yelton, our Restaurant General Manager.

We understand your business is earned by consistently exceeding your expectations and are committed to doing just that. I would very much like the opportunity to have you dine and stay with us again soon to allow us the chance to better serve you.

Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at Le Merdien on March 4th. The room was crisp, modern and just plain cool. Ditto the bathroom that was so big I could have parked my car in it. Restaurant was friendly cozy and fun. Nice bar. Staff was five star attentive. Highly recommend.

Hello artesiaroadrunner,

As far as reviews go we think you hit it out of the park. Short, simple, and to the point. Thank you so very much for the kind words regarding the property and the staff. We look forward to having you back to the property very soon.

Cheers,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed in downtown Indianapolis last night, and we really happy we chose Le Meridien. When we arrived Keith took our luggage and stayed with us, giving us directions etc. When we checked in we were greated by Tim, who was wonderful and very helpful. Our room was beautiful and close enough to walk to our event. The bed was so comfortable. The hotel was clean and shiny, but still maintained its upscale boutique charm. Thanks to the entire staff for a great stay!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
LMIndy, General Manager at Le Meridien Indianapolis, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello travelnetv,

Thank you very much for choosing Le Meridien Indianapolis and for the very kind words regarding your stay with us. We are so fortunate to have a great team here that add to the experience of the higher end physical hotel. I will be sure to pass on your praise to Keith and Tim personally.

We look forward to having you back soon.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2015

This is the old Canterbury Hotel with a great face lift. It's just a few months old and everything is in great shape and super clean, fresh but cozy vibe. Everyone was incredibly friendly and it's in a great location, walkable to a ton of shops and restaurants. Service was A+. Point of interest, it's right by Lucas Stadium.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
LMIndy, General Manager at Le Meridien Indianapolis, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hello XtinaYang,

Thank you for the great review regarding your recent stay at LM Indy. I appreciate your kind words and have shared them with our staff.

Many thanks,
Nick Clark

Been to Le Meridien Indianapolis? Share your experiences!