“All round great place but avoid motorbike festival” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre

You added Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   105 S Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Shop and Drop Package
Ranked #21 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Reading, United Kingdom
“All round great place but avoid motorbike festival”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Outstanding location for easy walking access to all down town attractions, shopping, bars and restaurants. Staff were friendly, helpful and good at their jobs. Breakfast buffet offered plenty of choice. Room was clean and comfortable. The only downside was poor external sound insulation combined with a motorbike festival on the srreets below. We didn't ask to change rooms but I imagine avoiding rooms overlooking the Hard Rock restaurant would be a good idea if noise is going to be problem. I would definitely stsy here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jeannie H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for writing this review, Ted! I'm glad you enjoyed our convenient location and our helpful staff. Moto GP is a huge event held in Indianapolis each year and it definitely makes the city more lively and unfortunately along with the amazing festivities comes the loudness. I hope we do see you again next time you're in Indianapolis!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Centerville, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed here one night during the Drum Corps International World Championships. We booked here rather last minute and were able to get a room for one night vs. some other hotels required two nights. Through the years we have stayed at various hotels in downtown Indy for DCI events and for NCAA basketball events. This hotel is "okay." I think the hotels like this one that are on the East side of Circle Center seem to have more street noise as they are close to the bar areas. But you can't really go wrong with any of the name brand hotels in the downtown area. Many are a little more upscale than this one.

This is also a "historic hotel" and some aspects (elevators, etc.) are not as modern as some of the newer hotels, but once in the room, it is a typical clean and functional Hampton Inn room. The breakfast area on the second floor was also large and well stocked up until the cutoff time. It is nice to have the breakfast included, which you won't find at the upscale hotels.

The staff was friendly. As for parking, rather than using the valet, we just parked in the garage that is about a half block further north on Meridian. Worked out fine, especially if you are just parking it for the night.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jeannie H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you so much for writing such a great review. It's so great hearing about our guests' experiences and helps us provide an even better experience for your next visit!
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We arrived in Downtown Indianapolis weary from a few nights in New York to be welcomed by the lovely Kelly who instantly raised our spirits. The welcome was the warmest received in the whole of the US! Our rooms were not quite ready but Kelly engaged in some friendly banter until the rooms were good to go! Kelly continued to be engaging throughout our trip, the only slight disappointment was that Kelly did not read the Diceman as recommended. Maybe Kelly will find some time to do so whilst remembering her English visitors, Rob and Craig.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Rob, thank you so much for this great review! It made me smile while reading it. You and Craig were so much fun! I will make sure Kelly gets to reading Diceman ASAP! She is definitely one of a kind and a great asset to our team! I hope you had safe travels and that you'll visit us again if you ever find yourself in Indianapolis!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Pleasantly surprised by the service we received by all the staff. The room was clean, the beds comfy, front desk personnel helpful and in the perfect location. Within walking distance to everything.

I want to specifically give a shout out to Keke in the breakfast area. She was super nice and accommodating. After i told her i don't eat pork she went out of her way to make me just an egg and cheese omelet. She didn't have to do it since breakfast was included. Now that's what i call going above and beyond.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review! It's AMAZING guests like you that brings out the amazingness of our staff. We love taking care of our guests and it makes me so happy that you had such a great stay. I will make sure I pass this review along to KiKi as well!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed at the Hampton Inn for 4 nights. The hotel is very centrally located in downtown Indy. You can easily walk to the football stadium, the Capitol, or the basketball arena. Also, there are numerous restaurants and bars within walking distance.

The place is not fancy, but the room was clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly. One person even went out of their way to let our son shower when we arrived back past check out time.

Lastly, the price was very reasonable in relation to the other hotels downtown.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
What a great 5 star review! Thank you! I'm very glad you had a great experience and will definitely share your kind words with the entire staff.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

For the past 7 years we have stayed at this hotel while attending the Drum Corp World Championship. The staff is helpful and friendly right from the front desk to the maids on the floor. The hotel is centrally located to museums, restaurants, sports facilities and shopping. Complimentary breakfast is a plus. Great value.

Room Tip: Rooms off Meridian St. will be quieter although in the many times I have stayed there I have not be...
Green Features: Standard practice of request to use towels more than once.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your loyalty and continuing to come back year after year! I'm so happy you enjoyed another year in Indianapolis, we'll see you next year!!
Crestwood, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I am a leisure traveler and don't have high expectations because typically I'm not in my room other than to sleep. However, there we a few issues that made me uneasy. The front desk staff was pleasant, but I got the feeling that I was bothering them when I approached the desk and the only person who seemed to know the procedures was the front desk manager and she was very nice. Every time we went to an elevator, there seemed to be something wrong. On two occasions, one of the three elevators were not working at all, one time a maintenance person was trying to help another guest because the elevator they were in wasn't working properly. The room was nice, but the toilet seat was very work and had cracks in the seat and one of the beds had several strands of hair between the sheet and comforter. I heard more than one staff member say "this is an old building that has some problems" and that's not what a guest wants to hear.

On the good side, the valet parking attendants were very helpful and impressed me. I had never used valet before and they made it easy. Also, the location was fantastic.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jeannie H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you, Christi, for taking the time to write this review. We love hearing our guests' feedback. I will share this feedback with my staff to make sure everyone at the front desk is always approachable and well informed! You, as our guest, are our number one priority, and I am so sorry that you left our hotel feeling otherwise. If you were using the elevators after 10pm, we do shut one elevator down at that time to help control noise, and we lock the remaining two to require room keys to be swiped for access. This is for the safety of our guests. As it is true that our building is a historic building with a rich past, we make sure to keep it well maintained to the satisfaction of our guests. That is why guest feedback such as yours is so important. I'm so happy you enjoyed our convenient location and our valet staff! I do hope you will give us another chance when you make your next trip to Indy. Feel free to contact me personally if you would like to discuss your stay any further.

Been to Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre? Share your experiences!