“Good location, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre

You added Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   105 S Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46225   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Shop and Drop Package
Ranked #19 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good location, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed at the Hampton Inn for 4 nights. The hotel is very centrally located in downtown Indy. You can easily walk to the football stadium, the Capitol, or the basketball arena. Also, there are numerous restaurants and bars within walking distance.

The place is not fancy, but the room was clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly. One person even went out of their way to let our son shower when we arrived back past check out time.

Lastly, the price was very reasonable in relation to the other hotels downtown.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jeannie H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
What a great 5 star review! Thank you! I'm very glad you had a great experience and will definitely share your kind words with the entire staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

For the past 7 years we have stayed at this hotel while attending the Drum Corp World Championship. The staff is helpful and friendly right from the front desk to the maids on the floor. The hotel is centrally located to museums, restaurants, sports facilities and shopping. Complimentary breakfast is a plus. Great value.

Room Tip: Rooms off Meridian St. will be quieter although in the many times I have stayed there I have not be...
Green Features: Standard practice of request to use towels more than once.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your loyalty and continuing to come back year after year! I'm so happy you enjoyed another year in Indianapolis, we'll see you next year!!
Crestwood, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I am a leisure traveler and don't have high expectations because typically I'm not in my room other than to sleep. However, there we a few issues that made me uneasy. The front desk staff was pleasant, but I got the feeling that I was bothering them when I approached the desk and the only person who seemed to know the procedures was the front desk manager and she was very nice. Every time we went to an elevator, there seemed to be something wrong. On two occasions, one of the three elevators were not working at all, one time a maintenance person was trying to help another guest because the elevator they were in wasn't working properly. The room was nice, but the toilet seat was very work and had cracks in the seat and one of the beds had several strands of hair between the sheet and comforter. I heard more than one staff member say "this is an old building that has some problems" and that's not what a guest wants to hear.

On the good side, the valet parking attendants were very helpful and impressed me. I had never used valet before and they made it easy. Also, the location was fantastic.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jeannie H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you, Christi, for taking the time to write this review. We love hearing our guests' feedback. I will share this feedback with my staff to make sure everyone at the front desk is always approachable and well informed! You, as our guest, are our number one priority, and I am so sorry that you left our hotel feeling otherwise. If you were using the elevators after 10pm, we do shut one elevator down at that time to help control noise, and we lock the remaining two to require room keys to be swiped for access. This is for the safety of our guests. As it is true that our building is a historic building with a rich past, we make sure to keep it well maintained to the satisfaction of our guests. That is why guest feedback such as yours is so important. I'm so happy you enjoyed our convenient location and our valet staff! I do hope you will give us another chance when you make your next trip to Indy. Feel free to contact me personally if you would like to discuss your stay any further.
Rapid City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights for a conference at the convention center, which was a close and convenient walk. Internet connection was good. Breakfast was good and served early. For the most part staff was helpful and welcoming. I'd stay here again. Good value, great location!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for this great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This week I stayed at this facility in downtown Indy and attended a convention down the street. The hotel is well maintained and comfortable. The best part was the service of the staff. There was someone always on duty by the front door to help with bags and other info. The front desk team were extremely friendly and helpful.

I didn't have a room with a frig, but they arranged to store my restaruant takehome in a frig until the next day. They provided me with maps and directions. They let me check my bag, even after I was checked out. And very helpful: they arranged my taxi to the airport. Great service overall.

I requested a quiet room on my reservation, and I ended up with a room not facing either street, but the side of a nearby building. It was quiet at night and I slept well.

Food for breakfast is standard Hampton fare. It was acceptable and plentiful. Everyone should understand that Hampton isn't running a restaurant. There is a good choice of oatmeal, cereal, eggs, sausage, waffles, yoghurt, breads, etc. Very adequate and the kitchen and breakfast room were well maintained.

Thanks for a comfortable and happy stay!

Room Tip: Rooms on back side of hotel, such as 718 and 720, are quieter.
Green Features: Usual green program. Not sure if they recycle newspapers that are left in room; other Hilton properties have special recycling receptacles in rooms for this purpose.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for writing such a kind review! I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I am especially happy that you had a great experience with our staff (I think they are pretty great too)! Our goal is to provide a superior guest experience to each and every person that walks through our door! I hope we will see you again next time you are in Indy!
Park Ridge, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Nice people, good service and great location, but the noise from the street (at least in room 609) is intense. Lots of cruising on the street below, engines revving etc., and not much soundproofing apparently.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tyler, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay. I am so sorry that the noise from the street made your stay less than wonderful! We do keep earplugs at the front desk for light sleepers that are not used to the noise in a downtown area. I know having a bad night's sleep can really make for a hard day. We really strive to provide every guest with an amazing experience at our hotel. I hope that you will give us another chance next time you are in Indianapolis!
Warren, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

There is no choice between very good and average? Hotel was good. Rooms clean and nicely appointed. I thought between the room rate, taxes and car charges, the hotel was a little pricey. Lobby and hallways need to be updated. Food in breakfast area adequate but not great. Three treadmills, one terrible bike and free weight rack in fitness room. Right in the center of Indy which was nice.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Laura, thank you for taking the time to write this review! We love hearing from our guests and hope to see you next time you're in Indianapolis!

Been to Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre? Share your experiences!