Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
GreenLeadersGold level
Nashville, Tennessee
“Indianapolis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great place to stay! Great location to events down town. Valet parking was wonderful! Staff was very nice. Rooms, comfy. I would stay there again. Breakfast was good...area very clean. Hotel manager was very professional with my complaint of no hot water on Monday morning...gave me a free night! I did not expect this and was very pleased!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for your response. We appreciate you staying at our hotel. We look forward to serving you again.

368 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Grand Rapids, MI, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Taking a cold shower is never a pleasant experience. Not sure if water heating system could not keep up with demands. Stepped into shower with warm not hot water, hoping temp would increase after a minute. Unfortunately the temperature went from warm to ice cold. Barely was able to shampoo my hair when I couldn't take it any longer. The in-room coffeemaker could not be used due to the missing coffee pouch tray.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
It was great speak to you this morning. I am glad your overall stay was enjoyable and I appreciate you bringing to my attention issue you experienced with the shower. Our maintenance team has resolved the problem. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Anderson, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Although I have stayed in several downtown Indy locations, I had never tried the Hampton. I was pleasantly surprised with the location of the hotel in proximity to location attractions. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I would definitely stay here again. The only negative was the size of the bed for two people (double).

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are so glad you gave our hotel a try! Thank you for sharing your review and we hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Indianapolis.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I tried this Hampton Inn based on Trip Advisor reviews. I will occasionally stay at a Hampton Inn but mostly off of highways while traveling. I would not normally consider them for downtown locations.

But....this was close to where I wanted to eat, again based on Trip Advisor reviews: St. Elmo Steakhouse. So, for that review, you'll need to go to their restaurant spot on T.A.

For this, here's what I'll say. The staff was very, very friendly. I arrived and within a couple of minutes a friendly valet whisked my car away.

Once inside, a gentleman immediately said hello from from the Hampton Inn staff. The front desk was equally accommodating. They confirmed I reserved a King with suite-like set-up and off I went.

The room was massive with high, high ceilings. The view was nothing spectacular but that's OK. The bathroom did not live up to the room's size. It was extremely small and I did not like that the ice bucket and coffee machine accessories were underneath the sink next to the toilet. That should not be the storage place particularly with a living room set-up and plenty of space for an extra piece of furniture to put these items out in the open. Get it OUT of the bathroom people!

As mentioned, the room was large, so I was disappointed with the size of the TV. Yes, it had an HD signal, so that was good, but from my bed--which seemed like a football field away from this little 40 inch TV, it just wasn't big enough. Go for the 50 inch TV with this size room!

The rest of the room was tastefully decorated but looked old. I recognize that the Hampton Inn/Hilton people have renovated an old building in downtown Indy, and I do appreciate that. I would rather see this than have the city tear this type of building down. But, it definitely looked a tad tired and not a normal Hampton Inn room.

Breakfast comes wtih the price, and this was a nice surprise. They had a variety of items from fruit, to breads to cereal, etc. Instead of bacon and eggs they had Western Omelets and a great and tasty sausage dish. Thank you for breaking off from the status-quo and giving a unique breakfast experience. The coffee was strong and good. I'd only suggest that they add the complimentary USA Today on this floor instead of needing to go to the lobby. I also am a big reader of the local newspaper in the cities I stay so add the Indy Star as a complimentary item.

It was a good stay and I'd stay here again.l

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We are happy to hear you are utilizing Trip Advisor to select your accommodations and dining options. Thank you for sharing your review! I appreciate your feedback regarding the location of the ice bucket and coffee maker, the size of the TV, and the addition of a local newspaper. I will be sure to pass these recommendations on to our Hampton representative. I’m happy to hear our staff provided you with friendly service and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I came to the Hampton Inn on a business trip to attend a seminar held at the convention center. The location is a short walk away and quite convenient for this purpose, however unlike the hotels just to the west, it does not have an internal walkway with over street pedestrian bridges connecting all the way to the convention center. This really is not a big deal, but it does create an "oh darn" moment.

The hotel itself if nice and clean, and has a cleaning staff that seems to actually care. On the first day of my stay I noticed some small scribbling on one of the advertisements in an elevator. It was small, and not exactly offensive, but on the following day I found that the mark had been removed. I have seen much worse last my entire stay at other hotels. I comment on the elevator as an example of the staff's diligence, but the room was nicely kept and clean as well.

The down side to the room is the fact that it simply has no exterior sound proofing. The hotel is across the street from the Hard Rock Cafe and a bar, and at 2 AM someone will be coming out of that bar speaking very jovially, and you will hear it. Just like every time a motorcycle goes by, you will hear it. Granted, I had some jet lag coming from the west coast, but I had to check to see if my window was open the first night. If you do choose to book, perhaps ask for a room not facing the street.

Overall, the stay was okay. It's a nice hotel, nicely run, but the sound and the fact that it's one block too far away prevents it from being an above average experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing such a thorough review of our hotel. I hope you enjoyed your time in Indianapolis and at your convention. The easiest way to access the convention center via interior walkways is to utilize the connection at Circle Centre Mall. This does require a short walk across the street to get into the mall but it allows you to walk the majority of the way inside. I am happy to hear our staff was quick to remove the mark in the elevator as it is always our top priority to provide a clean and friendly atmosphere for our guests. Our convenient downtown location does come with some street noise when the city is busy but we are happy to honor as many requests as possible for rooms on high floors and on the opposite side of the building, just make your request as soon as possible. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Indy!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel has it all if visiting Indianapolis be it leisure or business. Accommodations are great, breakfast is satisfying and can't beat the location. And above all the staff is terriffic! There are a couple of people I would like to thank personally. First Angela at the front desk, best attitude I have ever seen, makes you feel really welcomed. Secondly, the valet staff, who bent over backwards helping with taking care of my car, plus assisiting me with items I neede out of the car.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our hotel. I’m excited to hear you found our accommodations and staff to be great. I will be sure to pass your review on to Angela and our valet department. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Indy!
Woodville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel was amazing! They were so accommodating, especially since I was from way out of town and have never even checked into a hotel before. They were very patient and very helpful when asked what is fun to do around town. I would definitely visit this hotel again in the near future and reccommend you do as well!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us , especially since it was your first time checking into a hotel! Thank you for sharing your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre? Share your experiences!