“Still a good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
GreenLeadersGold level
Honolulu
“Still a good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This year, I stayed in a suite, with a king size bed and a sofa bed. Only cost around $120. When you add on the free breakfast, it remains a great deal. The front desk is consistenty friendly and helpful.

The amenities are decent, not great, and the sheets and towels perhaps not the quality that you would receive in a finer hotel.

The only downside to me is if you are attending events in the convention center, you do need to go out in the cold to get there. Most of the nicer hotels in downtown Indianapolis are easliy accessed via indoor access, so you need not venture outside. When the stores in the Centre Mall were open before, you could hop accross the street and go indoors the whole way to the convention center. Now, with the stores being shut down, you need to walk in the snow for a block to get to the mall entrance to insure yourself a warm walk to the convention center.

Room Tip: Although 701 was a suite, you could hear the elevator bells go on everytime the door opened, but it...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your candid review during your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad you found our hotel to be a good value included with the service provided. It is our goal to provide a consistent experience with each of our guests stay. It is unfortunate Nordstrom a previous tenant of circle centre mall relocated to the north side of Indianapolis. Thankfully, spring is around the corner and we are hopeful a new tenant will occupy the space soon.

368 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed here on a Sunday night prior to a Monday morning meeting. I was upgraded to a suite and was made the "guest of the day". Very nice touch - I just wish I'd get those things when staying more than one night at Hamptons! The hotel itself is a little older, but very well kept and has the standard Hampton stuff: Clean, comfortable beds and a pretty good breakfast in the morning. Check in and check out was smooth and easy. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear, gardentraveler1

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We appriciate you taking the time to share your experience. We hope you had a productive meeting on Monday and look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to Indianapolis.
Indy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed in one of the "01" suites for our anniversary. The room was nice except when it was time to go to sleep. All we could hear was the elevator going up and down, the elevator shaft seemed to be on the other side of our headboard. Every time it stopped at our floor or the floor above or below, we hear it ding and we could hear people dragging their luggage over the grate to enter or exit the elevator. That was horrible to fall asleep to but even worse to wake up too. The breakfast was good. We wished we could have sleep in. We will go back but will request a suite away from the elevator.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the elevator!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I thank you for selecting us for such a special occasion as your anniversary and truly apologize that we did not meet expectations. I did however want to take this opportunity to apologize in regards to the noise you encountered during your stay. I totally regret that the elevator noise was disruptive to you and that your rest was interrupted. I thank you for bringing this up to my attention so that I may follow-up with our maintenance department. Our guests comfort is our main priority and I assure you that we will look into this issue to correct it as soon as possible.

Once again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have had and I hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again. Please contact me directly at 317/261-1200 if I can be of further assistance to you.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a king bed study. The room was very spacious and nice. We had our two kids with us that slept on the sofa bed. They offered a complimentary breakfast in the morning. It had a little bit of everything, bagels, donuts, muffins, cheese omelet, sausage and home fries. We stayed on the ninth floor. My only advice is to ask about a room away from the elevator. It was very hard to sleep next to the elevator, the front desk was very helpful in this matter! It was a short walk to the convention center entrance. You could get into the skywalk just one block away! We also walked to Bucca and Hot Box pizza. These were both good!

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the elevator!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bluffton, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Very Helpful and friendly staff. Great, hot breakfast and good coffee. Valet Parking was quick and efficient. Made helpful restaurant suggestions. Rooms were good sized as was bathroom. One block from Circle Center Mall and within walking distance to everything else downtown. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in downtown Indianapolis.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The staff never skipped a beat during this busy time, managing to check people in and out swiftly but still making that connection with each guest. The rooms were spotless and the valet service RAN to get our car with a smile on their faces. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Indianapolis and if I need to travel in the area again there is no question in my mind where I will stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

My son and I went to 3 sporting events (Colts, Ice and Pacers) and this location is perfect. Great service, pricing, location and many kosher items on free breakfast...especially the homemade waffles which are GREAT. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Indy.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre? Share your experiences!