You added Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
Ranked #19 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
“NO pillows??!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

When we got to our room we realized we didn't have any pillows. When I called the service desk to ask if they had any the said they didn't have any then proceeded by asking if we would like a blanket to roll up as one. A guy in the background said they didn't have any blankets either. He then asked if we would like a towel to use for a pillow.

• Stayed December 2012
Adraab10, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Hello Amarchey13,

I wanted to thank you for your visit and review of our Hampton Inn Downtown Indianapolis. We appreciate you taking the time to post some feedback for us and other travelers. I take all negative reviews seriously and make all staff aware of any unflattering posts.

Although I checked with all guest attendants to inquire about a shortage of pillows, I wasn't able to find any unfulfilled requests or show any complaints of pillows not being present in our rooms. It is standard to always have three to four pillows on each bed and would never ask a guest to find it acceptable to sleep using another other than a pillow. At times due to high volume, we may have difficulty supplying additional pillows but our standards maintain an adequate supply for all beds on the premises.

I apologize that you found your stay to be unacceptable and I will be reaching out to you directly to determine more about the issue you experienced. We value all guests and hope to resolve any negative impression you received. We look forward to wowing you should you visit us again.

Take Care,
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at this Hampton Inn while on a business trip, and my stay was mostly pleasant and uneventful. The hotel building was build probably in the 20s, but has been remodeled into a nice, modern hotel. The only issue I had was with the water pressure. The first 3 mornings, the pressure would drop slightly intermittently, and the temperature of the water would also fluctuate. I attributed this to the fact it was an older building, and it wasn't really a problem. Then, on my last morning, twice while I was in the shower, the water stopped flowing altogether for 20-30 seconds. I mentioned this to the front desk, and I was very impressed with their response. They apologized (earnestly) for the inconvenience, created a maintenance report to get the issue fixed, and removed the previous night's charges under the Hampton 100% satisfaction guarantee (without being asked to). Maintenance issues happen, and despite the minor annoyance, I'd stay here again because of the response.

The hotel is conveniently located downtown near lots of restaurants, shopping, etc. A couple of restaurants (Hard Rock Cafe and a local Italian place) even deliver.

There is no self parking option, so you have to pay $17/night for valet. (Not unusual at downtown hotels in large cities)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

In the past, when my husband and I came to Indianapolis on family business, we stayed at the Hampton Inn on Meridian Street in Carmel. It's a well run property that affords easy access to where we need to go. This time, we decided to stay downtown and attempt to blend business with some pleasure. We certainly made the right decision. The Hampton Inn Downtown is in a historic building that has been renovated for comfort, but has kept much of it's charm. The desk staff, including Kyle who checked us in, was friendly and efficient. Our room was a two bedroom suite in the corner of the building, and proved to be perfect. The rooms were large and nicely appointed with windows looking out over the skyline in two directions. Our bathroom was huge for a city hotel. The room was exceptionally clean and the bed very comfortable. Upon arrival we learned that the Bands of America high school marching band competition was being held that weekend and bands would be in residence at the hotel. We were amazed that we were never disturbed by noise of any kind. Breakfast is served is a large lounge on the second floor. It is large enough to seat a crowd, but the columns around the room not only break the room into smaller appearing spaces but also absorbs the sound, making breakfast a pleasant experience. We were dismayed at first to learn that all parking is valet, as we aren't normally fans of valet parking. Jeff and Bart, two of our valets were so professional and friendly that we enjoyed seeing them and felt at ease leaving them with our car. Outside of the hotel, you have the entire downtown array of stores, museums, and restaurants within a few blocks. We enjoyed our stay so much that today I made reservations for our next trip to Indianapolis in February.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chicago Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel recently and felt it was a good solid hotel and a good value for the money. The rooms were clean and spacious and very comfortable. What impressed me the most was the quality of the service-everyone, from the valet parker to the check in people to the people in the breakfast room, were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Sumgait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights in early October and I was totally impressed, the reception staff was very friendly, would always ask how they could help me. One of the best hotels I have been to during my stay in the USA, maybe the only one that did not any flaws at all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The hotel is caosy not too big and not too small. The room size was excellent there was space enough to accomodate our 4 bags and still had some room. The viewis not bad however, you are not staying at the hotel rooms all the time. The breakfast is great and has all you need for a healthy various hot and cold breakfast. Internet connection extremely fast and accessible. The staff members were extremely nice and plesant. They were very helpful and gave us some helpful advice. I loved being there and would defenitely choose this place every time I am visiting Indianapolis. Also so close to many restaurants, to the circle center mall, to monument center. Also very easy to get a cab the hotel can help you do that.

Room Tip: As far as I saw all rooms were nice and tidy. Maybe they should check if there is any room that is...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

As a Hilton Rewards Member I expected better treatment than I received this past weekend at this downtown hotel. I traveled to Indy this past weekend to run in the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon. When I booked my stay, I was guaranteed the special "Marathon" rate. Upon checkout, I was not given this rate and had to call the front desk to make the changes and credit my account. I was not offered a receipt upon checkout, did not receive a paper receipt under my door and was told if I wanted a receipt of my stay, I could come down to the front desk and retrieve my own copy.

Upon check-in, my party and I were told that check-out time the following morning would be at 11am. When I asked if I could have a noon check-out due to the Marathon start time, I was told, "No"...that it was a busy weekend...and was promptly told, "Thank you" and was hung up on. For a hotel chosen by the race event coordinators, the Hampton Inn front desk staff made our stay a very rushed, hectic one. Next time I choose to stay downtown, I will make a wiser choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Adraab10, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Hello Illini9799,

First, thanks for the feedback from your stay. It's helpful for me and our entire team to receive input from guests regarding their visit. I want to apologize that we didn't make your stay 100% satisfactory. Our goal is to have every guest leave completely happy with our hotel and the level of customer service received.

We are sorry your recent stay during the monumental marathon was not as what you expected to receive, nor is it the norm of our service standard. I appreciate your feedback in allowing us to address the concerns you experienced with our front desk staff. It is our goal that each and every guest receives the highest level of satisfaction.

Once again, thanks for your feedback. We would welcome the opportunity to deliver the service level we are known for on you next trip to Indianapolis. Please let me know how I can assist with making a better impression should you choose to stay with us again. I promise to make the next stay a great one.

Take Care,
GM

Been to Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre? Share your experiences!