“Comfortable and Friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre

You added Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   105 S Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersGold level
Redondo Beach, California
“Comfortable and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

It was a very comfortable and centrally located hotel. Enjoyed the nice breakfast every morning and I think her name was Regina that seems to run the kitchen was extreme friendly and gave me some great tips on things to do and places to go.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed only one night. Check in staff very personable and relaxing check in. Room was typical Hampton Inn. Clean and comfortable. Rooms were smaller, its an older property but its well maintained. Breakfast was good. Staff at breakfast was great. Only negative is parking. Its a downtown property. Valet was $15 overnight...well worth it, since it was raining hard when we checked out.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Defiance, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Nice HI, generous sized Breakfast area on second floor, very attentiuve generous number of staff. Do not allow yourself to be in the 1-10 series of rooms on any floor, they are near the elevators and VERY noisy. overall a decent classic HI experience.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Troy, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

We've made an annual trip to Indianapolis for the last 4 -5 years and we always stayed at this hotel. The location is great for downtown activities. But this stay was pretty mediocre. There were good things such as the friendly helpful staff. But there were many minor annoyances.

We arrived to find that the one queen bed room we had reserved was not available because a previous guest had hung laundry on the sprinkler causing massive flooding. So we were upgraded to a king suite. It was a true suite with 2 rooms with a door between. But it was quite cold in the room and we discovered that the heat in the bedroom was off. Odd for a day when the temp never reached 40. But we turned it on and went out to dinner. The room still felt chilly when we returned and we kept turning up the heat all evening. It's an old building and the room was on the corner with windows on both sides so seemingly it was hard to heat. The room never really felt comfortably warm. Through the night I was awakened repeatedly by the noisy rattling whenever the heat turned on. I usually travel with earplugs just in case but had forgotten them and the front desk didn't have any.

The shower head was way too high, at least 7 feet up making water pressure poor by the time it got down to me.

Breakfast the first morning was okay but the second morning there were no bananas and the bowl of cut fruit was mostly empty.

Time to move on to a new hotel!

• Stayed November 2011
Adraab10, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Hello msu_mom,

I wanted to send you a quick thank you for your recent stay and review of the Hampton Inn Downtown Indianapolis. We love your patronage and value you as a guest. I apologize that for the inconveniences you experienced during your last visit. We strive to have every guest leave 100% satisfied with their stay and wish we could've left you with the same impression.

We take all reviews seriously and I will look into all outlined issues. I appreciate your understanding with upgrading your room due to the water damage. Maintenance will look into the heating issues you mentioned. As for breakfast, I apologize that particular items were low. Our attendants are always happy to replenish food.

Once again, thank you for the feedback and stay. I sincerely hope you consider giving the Hampton Inn Downtown Indianapolis another chance. If you ever have another issue, I will be ready to make it right. Look forward the serving you again.

Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Just spent five nights at the Hampton Downtown Indianapolis on a business trip. This is a great place located right in the middle of downtown with nearly all attractions within walking distance. If you are a business traveler, you could not ask for a better hotel. I stayed in a regular room with a king bed. The room was small but plenty big enough for one person. The free business center was as good as any I have seen. The breakfast was always great. All staff members were extrememly helpfull and all but one was friendly (one of the valet parkers seemed to have an attitude).

The building is very old, but Hampton did a good job creating a modern hotel out of the antique building. There are only two negatives that I can come up with: First, the parking is valet only and costs $15 a day so adds to the expense. Second, I had to literally run the water in the shower for 20 minutes to get hot water. Other people who stayed there told me their water was hot almost instantly, so maybe it was just my side of the hotel. There was actually a sign in the bathroom that stated to let the water run for several minutes for hot water. There is no pool and the workout room is limited, but I would not really call those negatives.
Do not hesitate to stay at this hotel. Unless you are really picky, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Adraab10, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Hello Itdan_o,

I just wanted to send you a quick thanks for your recent five night visit and detailed review of the Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown. We always appreciate guest feedback and yours was such a pleasure to read through.

I love that you took note of the historic building in which we are situation along with our prime location in the heart of Indianapolis! We strive to have every guest leave 100% satisfied with their stay and really appreciate all your comments. Our staff works so diligently to provide superb customer service and it's always helpful when we receive reviews to gauge our strengths and weaknesses. I will make sure to discuss having the appropriate attitude with all guests from all positions so no guest gets the wrong impression. Also, I will review with maintenance the hot water issue you experience to ensure it is taken care.

Once again, thank you so much for your recent stays and review. We value you as a guest and hope for another visit your next time through Indianapolis!

Elkhart, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I have styed there for 6 0r 7 times in the past 2 years. I like the hotel,But the last 2 times I have been ripped off. I always give the guys a tip when they park the car and when they get it for me in the morning.I always keep alot of change in my car for parking and the grand kids.
This time and the last time I have been taken for what ever change is in the holder except for the nickels and pennies.I have to stay there 3 more times this year and I see Buckingham has me going there 6 times next year. I dont think so. It a shame. I dont make alot and I am not cheap Becuse I know these guys need tips tomake a living. But Its too bad.
And F F A was there and they ran the halls till after midnight not a good trip

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Hello ptgandsons,

I wanted to message you back in response to your review to first thank you for your past and recent visits to the Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown. We really appreciate your business and hope to continue having you stay with us while in Indianapolis.

Secondly, I want to apologize for any issues experienced while staying with us. We take all claims seriously and I will personally look into the valet problem you mentioned and discuss best practices so as to clear up any future issues. As for the increase in traffic from hosting FFA during the same weekend, I'm sorry that you experienced more exterior noise. It is definitely not typical of most nights.

Once again, thanks for your past stays and review. I understand your disappointment and hope to make it right. Please consider us again while staying in Indianapolis. We want to show you our best!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Our stay in Indy was fantastic! The rooms and staff were great. The lobby of the hotel was beautiful. Right next to the mall which is connected to the convention center by a skywalk. The only problem they couldn't fix for us was the rain!

• Stayed October 2011
Hello Billyma,

Thanks for the great review of your recent visit to the Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown! We are so glad that you found most aspects of your stay to be so great (aside from the rain). Our staff works daily to ensure every guest leaves as satisfied with their stay as you did.

Beyond the staff and room, glad you found us to be such a centralized location for mall and convention center access. We like to think we have one of the best locations in the city which makes getting around so easy for our guests.

Once again, thanks for your stay and review. We love great reviews almost as much as we love satisfied guests. Hope you visit us again your next time through Indianapolis!

GM

Been to Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre? Share your experiences!