“Needs updating” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, GA
“Needs updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This Embassy is not up to the normal Embassy Suites standard. Needs a major renovation. The breakfast is something we always look forward to but was not up to par. Check in was slow and was locked out of room 3 times.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Crown Point, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have been coming here for over 7 years, and Debbie Flemming has always made my stay for my family and myself, overall a wonderful experience. Debbie is an awesome phenomenal employee, I have observed her enteracting with other guest and she alway kind and helpful.
Debbie Flemming is a real asset to your company.

Georgiann Drake

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

First, the positive: good location within walking of essentials and driving of everything else. Drinks at manager's reception were just right. Room on corner was quiet. Bed was great. That's about all the positive.

The negative: front desk staff needs a lot more training, including the manager. Took 4 trips to room with the inability to get into the room before they gave me another room. On second trip, I stood with other guests waiting to be noticed by one of five staff who were instead visiting with one of their friends (one was mgr). Bathroom in a king suite was tiny, and could barely close the door while inside. TV lost signal regularly. Breakfast was a huge disappointment (only get food fresh from the chef and not the buffet). Seating area was windy from the AC and very noisy.

I tend to review toward the positive, and I am a huge fan of ES. But, corporate needs to visit this location and perform a week-long, top-down review.

• Stayed June 2013
mparnella, General Manager at Embassy Suites Indianapolis North, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
On behalf of the management and staff of our hotel I’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to learn that your experience with us lacked what you typically expect from us. In order for us to continuously improve upon our products and services, we do take your comments very seriously. With that said, please be assured that I will be taking your feedback into consideration to improve our in-property experience.

Thank you again for your review and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back so you may enjoy a more favorable stay.

Mark Parnella
Fairmont, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Embassy Suites generally makes all other hotel chains look bad with the the free cooked to order breakfast. This time; however I was fortunate enough to have my breakfast cooked for me by Lassandra. You may be asking yourself "so what". the so what is that I am a breakfast snob and very, very picky about my eggs. Usually when I order my plain omelet, the cook asks, "No cheese or anything?" I have to explain what plain means. Lassandra never asked me that question once and remembered every single morning I was there how I like my eggs cooked and what I eat with my eggs. Also, the plain omelet was not over done nor underdone. It was perfect.

Room Tip: There are many good restaurants in walking distance to the hotel such as O'Charley's (free p...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Locust Grove, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Embassy Suites Indianapolis North is a great hotel located near a good selection of resturants. With lots of extras included in your hotel stay. Lassandra was there every morning, "bright eyed and bushy tailed" ready to take your order for breakfast. She was very promt and correct with your order. Though breakfast was included she always gave attention to detail, her presentation of the food matched the outstanding taste. Mark was there from
5:30 p.m.-7:30p.m. for the free drinks offered Mon.-Thurs.. He also was very professional and kind, and fixed drinks as good as I've ever bought. Even though it wasn't "Top shelf liquor" he had the ability to make it taste great. The only thing noticably unappealling is that the hotel is 30 years old, however, they have done a great job maitaining it in its original luster. Overall the service of the employee's was outstanding!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pond to avoid the over lighting from Cosco next door, the noise out front, and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here for Indy 500 weekend, when everything is overpriced, but liked how much they offered for the price. Upon arriving in our room we immediately noticed that the room was stuffy, and that the thermostat would not turn on. We also noticed that the bathroom door was unable to latch. We called and maintenance arrived right away. We didn't want to leave until we knew if we had to change rooms, so 2 hours of him trying to fix the thermostat went by when we could have been out doing other things. Finally he said he had to move us to another room. This room was better, but coffee maker was broken. In response to our complaints and having to be moved, they gave us a few coupons for free movie and appetizer. The maintenance man helped move our bags and gave us another coupon. Breakfast buffet was disgusting. Everything was ice cold as the steam tables were not hot enough to keep anything at a safe temperature. The made to order station was the only thing I would trust for hot food. Cocktail reception was nice, free drinks and munchies for 2 hours, though the Atrium was so crowded we just ordered one drink and went to the room. Went to bar Sunday night and bartender was busy eating her meal sitting at the bar and seemed bothered to have to fix a drink. Surprised to see Restaurant was completely closed Sunday and Monday, so we never got a chance to try it out. Bed was comfortable, TVs were fine, very quiet room in a fairly crowded hotel, so the soundproofing was good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
mparnella, General Manager at Embassy Suites Indianapolis North, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We try to always go above and beyond for our guests and I am very sorry to hear that we were unable to do that for you. I want you to know that all of the inconveniences you experienced will be addressed with the proper departments and we hope that we can have the chance to have you as a guest in the future and will be able to exceed your expectations as we always try to do. Thank you again.

Mark Parnella
Albuquerque NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed three night over Indy 500 weekend, service and staff was excellent, hope to stay there again for next years race, under certain conditions. With that said, the property is not on the better end of Embassy Suites I've stay in, showing some wear and tear and could use some general TLC, door between rooms and closet door stuck pretty bad, mold in bathroom, cracked tile, few things like that need to be taken care on soon. The grounds were immaculate with a lot of restaurants close by.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Embassy Suites Indianapolis North? Share your experiences!