“Nice but nothing spectacular” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi!
Ranked #34 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Nice but nothing spectacular”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

The complimentary happy hour was by far the best part of this visit. I also liked having a door that opened (to a super small balcony) to get fresh air in the room. The room was nice and spacious but the bathroom was incredibly cramped. The breakfast included a buffet of scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, fruit, yogurt, breads and muffins. Then there was a cook hod whip up an omelet, waffles, or French toast per order. I didn't try that but probably should have. The buffet food was tasteless and barely warm. Ill probably try another place instead of returning here.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
mparnella, General Manager at Embassy Suites Indianapolis North, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with a few issues and sincerely apologize for this. I am sorry if you found our buffet food quality to be sup-par. We are always listening to our guests and I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve the quality and selection of our offerings.

We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide with everything you are accustomed to receive. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Mark Parnella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
aurora, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Hotel needs a refresh. Fountain out front was missing part of its base. Many roof tiles shattered on a roof section below our room. Paint peeling and panel rusting above shower. Back of the bathroom door was pretty dirty. Wood furniture looked old and tired. Lot of noise thru the wall of our veg room that faced a hallway. Hotel just had an old and tired feel to it. Probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for staying with us. I was very happy to read from your review that you found our staff to be efficient and helpful and that you liked our lobby and found our rooms welcoming. Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay. I do understand that you found our hotel to be somewhat dated. I do appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room appearance is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Linton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed from Sunday evening through Friday morning and everything was great. Rooms are suite style and spacious with nice furniture, 2 flat screen TV's, 3 sinks, fridge, microwave, etc. Complimentary breakfast with made to order omeletes along with the 2 hour happy hour couldn't be better. The cook and the bar tender were both super nice!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My stay at this Emabassy Suites was very disappointing, and I really wish that I had stayed in one of the many other hotel options in Indianapolis. The management at this hotel really needs to review and make changes to some of their policies in order to ensure the safetly of the guests staying here.
My first impression of the hotel was really quite positive. It is a beautiful hotel. The person who checked me in was also very friendly and helpful and really went above and beyond in giving us information.
Then, I went to my room and, unfortunately, my impressions changed. First, we experienced the incredibly slow elevators. Every time we needed to use the elevator there was a very long wait for one. When I finally got up to my room, I was very frustrated to discover that it smelled very strongly of smoke. I was under the impression that the entire hotel was smoke-free, which is very important to me because my children and I all have very sesitive airways and any residual smoke can cause us issues. I also observed that there were cigarette burns in the carpet and even on the couch cushions. I noticed that there was something that looked like an air cleaner plugged into an outlet, but they might have that in every room. In any case, it definitely should have been noted when the room was cleaned that the room smelled like smoke. I also found the room to feel very dirty and dingy, almost like there was a film over everything. Plus, in the bathroom, I found hair on the vanity as well as dirt on the floor. It was obvious that it hadn't been thoroughly cleaned.
While all of the above was frustrating and disconcerting, what happened at the pool later in the day was completely unacceptable. This hotel has a wristband policy which is a great idea given how incredibly busy it is. While we were there, there was a wedding taking place, as well as several sports teams staying there. Kids were running through the entire hotel unsupervised. My understanding was that everyone was supposed to have a wristband, both kids and adults. There were security gurads around the hotel, but they didn't seem to stop the many kids that were running around without wristbands. This led to a near tragedy at the pool. The pool was severely overrun. At one point, I watched a group of at least 10 kids enter the pool area, without any adult. This was into a pool area that was already jam-packed. While the hotel's policy is swim at your own risk, they really need to be responsible for ensuring that maximum occupancy restrictions are adhered to. They could simply have one of the security guards keep track of how many guests enter the pool area with one of those clicker counters and then not allow anyone else in when it reaches the limit. There also needs to be a lot more adherence to the wristband policy. Just because one person is wearing one doesn't mean that they can bring in 10 of their friends with them. There should also be a rule that a certain number of adults need to be present to watch the kids that are swimming. I watched as kids repeatedly jumped in the pool on top of one another because they didn't have any adults there to stop them. I am not certain, but I believe that was the cause of the near drowning that occurred that day. It is so sad because it was a completely preventable injury. I hope and pray that little boy is okay, and I'm so thankful that there were trained medical personnel there as guests that day so that he could be taken care of until the EMT's arrived. I also found it odd that guests were having to console the staff at the pool while this incident occurred. Why were the staff not the ones in charge?
I have read other reviews that have voiced complaints regarding the chaos of unsupervised kids and the overcrowding at this hotel. The manager always responds and apologizes, but doesn't seem to offer any resolution to the issues. Obviously, nothing has been done to rectify these concerns. I truly hope that what happened there this past weekend will cause the management of this hotel to take appropriate actions in order to increase safety at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
mparnella, General Manager at Embassy Suites Indianapolis North, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Stratford, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The rooms were clean but the bathrooms are a little on the small side. We really enjoyed the manager's cocktail hour and the breakfast is incredible! The staff were very accomodating and helpful. Very close to everything downtown and only a couple blocks from Lukas Oil Stadium!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cayuga, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Embassy Suites North in Indianapolis numerous times.
One of my favorite parts is the breakfast options and getting to see Lassandra the chef in action. She makes the best omelets and French toast, and always has a smile on her face.
Thanks Lassandra, keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I was traveling with my husband and two young children. We arrived late but we were welcomed by a very friendly staff. The night manager was very accommodating and recommended the hotel restrurant. We got to the restrurant just before closing. We still got first class service and the food was excellent (you have to have the chicken quesadilla). Our server was friendly. The pool is open until midnight so my kids were still able to swim. Breakfast was what we have come to expect from an embassy hotel. We like the made to order omlets. There are a lot of options for picky young eaters. The breakfast is worth paying a little more than some of the cheaper chain hotels around. Rooms are large, clean and and comfortable. Our only concen was the fold out was not that comfortable. I would recommend a two two double bed for a family of four. We are planning on staying at this same hotel on our way back through town later this weekend.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Embassy Suites Indianapolis North? Share your experiences!