“Large Clean room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Anchorage, Alaska
“Large Clean room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The room was very large, and clean. It had a kitchenette with full size refrigerator, stove top, sink, dishes. We checked in late, but was not a problem. the staff was friendly. There's a free laundry! Lots of DVDs you can borrow, and also small appliances you can borrow. Pool and fitness center. This would be a great place for extended stay. We only stayed 2 nights.

My only complaints would be the lack of Wi-Fi and the housekeeping coming early. The room had an Ethernet cable, but none of our devices have a connection for that. I was surprised of the lack of Wi-Fi. Housekeeping came early, twice, knocking and trying to open the door. I had the security latch on, so they didn't actually open the door. I should have put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on. Not really a big deal, but ...

Overall, it was a nice place. Clean, friendly, large room. The free laundry would be a bonus, but this was at the beginning of our trip. The price was very good, too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Came up to Indy for the weekend to visit with some friends and choose Candlewood Suites on Bash Road as the place to stay. This hotel is on the northwest side of Indianapolis close to Binford Blvd., Shadeland Ave. and I-69. The hotel is actually off of 82nd. St. There is a LOT of traffic on 82nd. but there is a traffic light that lets traffic out of Bash Rd. onto 82nd. so you can get around. Just be prepared to have to wait in traffic a bit.

My room was very nice with a full kitchen and one queen size bed. The kitchen is fully equipped as is the case with Candlewoods. The room was very clean and I noted no problems. The housekeeping staff did not change my room, but I was only here for two nights, so that was not a problem. The cost for my room was in the $120/night range. There is no restaurant on site, and the hotel does not offer a breakfast. But in this area of Indianapolis there are many many places to chose from to eat a meal. There is an exercise room that the guests can use. There are many families here with children, so the hotel is family friendly. The entire complex is non-smoking.

I would definitely choose to stay here again the next time I'm in Indy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Clean, roomy,comfy, we felt like we were home away from home. 2nd shift front desk Sessy was so helpful with the business center. A real trooper!! Leslie the manager awesome customer service!!! They made our business trip a stress free trip. Perfect meeting room. Nice pool and hot tub to relax. I will always stay here when I'm in the area. Very good area... felt safe. I wish every stay could be this pleasant!

Room Tip: 134 ground floor. one bedroom suite closest to the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Elmhurst,Il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Although there was no continental breakfast available and the lobby area was way too small for a large group to meet up at the beginning of the day, the price was good for the stay. My only complaint is the smell of urine in the hallway outside my room. Since pets are allowed in this hotel, it would be my guess that's where it came from.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear E E,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay. We’re glad to know you found good value in our property. As for your concerns regarding the odor in the hallway outside your room, this has been forwarded to the appropriate departments. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

We value all guest feedback is this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. Should you return to the area in the future, please don’t hesitate to ask the manager on duty about how we can make your stay more enjoyable. We look forward to hosting you again.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I would stay again. The place in not expensive and is like a full apartment. Everything was good. There was a stain on the sheet but my bad for not saying anything. I am sure they would have switched out sheets right away. The staff was good - above standards or expectations.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We were traveling to Indianapolis as a "family trip" to the children's museum and decided to make it a little bit longer of a trip, which is why we stayed at at Candlewood. I should start this review by mentioning that we have high expectations for the hotels that we stay in.

We were greeted by the front desk upon our arrival (and she was a super sweetheart!). Explained everything to us and how to use the cupboard (which has everything you will ever need and it's on an honor system!). Off to our room we go. The hallways smelled so fresh, the elevator smelled fresh. We stayed on the 4th floor on the side that faces the highway. I was so afraid about the sound from the highway, but I heard NOTHING. Not even a little bit of noise from the traffic. I was impressed.

Upon entering our room which was a one bedroom suite, it has a gorgeous kitchen, fully equipped with NICE pots and pans, utensils, and eating utensils. Also comes with glass dishes we used to warm things up in the microwave. This far exceeded my expectations. There was a nice big island type table that separated the kitchen from the living room. There was a sleeper sofa and a recliner in the living room. Our son slept on the sofa sleeper and mentioned nothing about not sleeping well. There is also a large flat screen TV with 70 channels, which was a big plus!

The carpet throughout the room was fresh and taken care of. We stayed in one of the queen suites. The bedroom had a large closet with a laundry basket on the floor, a desk, a dresser, a night stand, a flat screen TV and the bed. It worked out great for our needs! The bed was so comfy too! Everything was clean and smelled so great! The pillows were soft too..

The bathroom was very very clean. It has been upgraded recently (or so it seemed). Water was hot and there was plenty of water pressure. There was a lot of storage under the sink in the bathroom.

The pool was a great addition too! The hot tub was my husbands favorite. It was a nice area that was well taken care of. In addition to that amenity, there was also a free workout room and a free laundry room. The use of washers and dryers are free. Only need to bring your own soap or purchase it from the "cupboard"

The only downfall is that the dishwasher hadn't been used in awhile, so we had to run a cycle to get all of the old soap out of it, and then run another cycle with our dishes in it. The dishwasher is LOUD, so make sure you run it when you are getting ready to leave the room. The air/heat unit was a little on the loud side, but we got used to that very quickly and wouldn't call it a downfall.

I would, without hesitation, stay here again! Their customer service is top notch, the rooms far exceeded my expectation and we really felt like family here. Things couldn't have been better!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor toward the west direction. The room was 404. It was very quiet and there...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

This hotel is quite nice - big rooms, no coins needed to wash/dry your clothes.
No breakfast (none of the Candlewood have that), but free coffee/tea

They don't offer welcome points for IHG rewards club member, but do give you a free drink.
The tv in the room is a flat screen but forget about the quality: no HD, very poor image

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Leslie S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed our free guest laundry! We will be offering Welcome rewards points for Gold and Platinum IHG rewards members immediately.

Been to Candlewood Suites Indianapolis? Share your experiences!