“Always good” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fogo De Chao is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 2,007 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Pennsylvania St.
Rexburg, Idaho
“Always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Food: delicious! Service: outstanding. Alex was a very conscientious, attentive, and polite server. I've never been disappointed at Fogo.

Portland, IN
“Pricey, but worth it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Indianapolis over Valentine's Day weekend and had the pleasure of dining at Fogo De Chao. My wife has been to Brazil several times and had eaten at true Brazilian steakhouses. She had nothing but high praise for Fogo De Chao. I will admit the wait staff were a bit slow coming around with the meat, and it did take a fair bit to get the check; however, my wife and I merely used the time to talk and catch up.

The salad bar is like none other. The selection spans quite a range, and the food is prepared impeccably. I could have just dined at the salad bar and been happy.

The various steaks and other meat items were prepared very well and had a great flavor. It was nice being able to sample such a variety and to only eat what you wanted to eat. The side dishes were okay, but not great. I did enjoy the polenta, but the plantains and mashed potatoes were just okay.

I would recommend this restaurant to any couples looking for a nice atmosphere and great food. I did see a few group of guys hanging out and eating their weight in perfectly prepared steak as well.

To sum it up, this restaurant is insanely pricey but it's a great experience and well worth trying out. I would definitely take my wife here again. I will just allow my wallet some time to replenish itself from the beating it took.

• Visited February 2013
Griffith
“Disappointed this time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

been to fogo several times in Chicago - decided to go here as we love the chicago location. Disappointing. The gauchos were slow to come with the meats. The salad bar was not stocked well - a lot of dishes low or out. It helped they gave us a gift card with the check for a free lunch or dinner to use before March 31st and we can use it at the chicago location. The indianapolis location was way too disorganized.

Visited February 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Amazing food with excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We go here one to two times a year to celebrate. The last time we went was for my fiance and her sister's birthday. The salad bar was better than your average salad bar. We try to eat light from the salad bar because the meat and side dishes are never ending! This is basically a buffett where you don't have to get up out of your seat! There is a card for each seat, one side is red and the other side is green. Just flip your card over and you are almost immediately bombarded by waiters with different cuts of meat slicing it how you want it! There are like 15 different types of meat that come around on skewers. You can choose from premium cuts of beef, chicken wrapped in bacon, parmesan breaded pork tenderloin, sausage, lamb, and many more! Everything is extremely delicious!

Each table is assigned its own waiter/waitress. Our waiter provided wonderful service for us. Each waiter carrying meat treats you as his/her own table too! It is an absolute team effort that the staff seems to pride themselves on! Our waiter asked if we were celebrating anything, so we told him that it was for birthdays. We also said it was for my birthday which was two weeks prior. Ten minutes later he comes out with three different desserts on plates that have "happy birthday" written out in syrup! It was very thoughtful of our waiter as he didn't even charge us for the desserts! If you get a dessert, I recommend the signature papaya cream.

We will definitely continue dining at this place for many years to come! Some of the best food and service we have ever had!

• Visited November 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Food is excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have been several times over the last couple years and have had a fantastic experience each time. The service is always great. The food variety and taste is superb. I prefer the food at Fogo to most higher end steakhouses where I have eaten. Excellent wine selection. The price is steep at ~$50/person, but if you go at lunch it is the exact same offerings at 1/2 price, which makes it reasonable. Unfortunately, lunch is only Monday-Friday. Devour Downtown is a great time to go, with lunch prices for dinner and it includes dessert, but reservations go fast and walk-in waits can be 2+ hours at peak times. If you compare the cost to other high end restaurants I think it is a fair value with more variety.

• Visited January 2013