“Trapped” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With a collection of more than 54,000 works of art, an early-20th-century estate, 152 acres of gardens and grounds, including an outdoor art and nature park, the IMA campus offers experiences that feed both the heart and mind.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children
“Trapped”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2015 NEW

Imagine my surprise when I, a member, rode my bike to the museum to purchase movie passes for the summer and was able to enter but they would not allow me to leave by the same route. Their new fee process is confusing to them as I was allowed entrance but they would not allow me access to the garden and canal bridge by bicycle, the route by which I arrived. In their hurry to charge admission, they failed to make allowances for the many people who walk or ride. I was forced to take a very busy road that I was not comfortable with nor was I prepared as I expected to remain on the canal towpath. Very upset and disappointed.

Saskatoon, Canada
12 attraction reviews
“Lovely Collection in a Superb Environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2015 NEW

The Indy is located on an old estate ... its a lovely, albeit small collection but balanced and stimulating. The outdoor gardens are beautifully kept and various sculptures are located throughout. The indoor facility shows the collection nicely. Its a wonderful place to spend a day. An Indy destination if you will.

NC
13 attraction reviews
“beautiful building and wonderful art”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2015 NEW

Loved taking a picture of me and my love in front of the LOVE sculpture.
It was a quick visit but we enjoyed everything we saw.

Visited April 2015
“What a wonderful surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2015 NEW via mobile

My 15 year old daughter and I needed to kill time and thought we'd check out the IMA last Friday. I am so glad we did! We are from the Chicago area an are lucky to have so many wonderful museums near by, so we weren't expecting to be too impressed by this one. To our shock and delight though..it was amazing!

The museum itself was four levels with some great peices! Big enough but not overwhelming. But the stand out was the outdoor area of the museum! So many cool things to see! And the beauty of grounds was breathtaking!! My daughter made the comment that she felt like she was in a beautiful dream while we walked around. I can't wait to return again!

Ontario, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“Could spend more time here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2015

Drove through the grounds and walked around a bit to look at some of the art in the yard. I loved it. And would definitely come back to see more when I have more time!