“A great hands on & learning place for toddlers to 99!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 196 things to do in Indianapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Leisure education
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest children's museum in the world urges children to dig in and touch everything as they explore the physical and natural sciences, history, world cultures and the arts through exciting interactive exhibits on five floors. There's also a planetarium and a theater with children's plays and live entertainment.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“A great hands on & learning place for toddlers to 99!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Chinese government choose this museum to showcase their only 2014 USA exhibit of the Terracotta Soldiers! There is such a fantastic learning opportunity. Not only this exhibit but the museum itself.

• Hebrew first
Noblesville, Indiana
6 attraction reviews
“Terra Cotta Warriors' Only US Engagement in 2014!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

While it was aimed at children, it was well worth the price of admission to revisit this wonderful attraction. My children and I were frequent visitors during their younger years. Much had changed, but some of their old favorites were still there to greet them with memories. The newest exhibit, The Terra Cotta Warriors (small separate admission), and Chinese culture were woven throughout several of the museums exhibits. This made for a nicely cohesive experience. Young children seemed to be particularly enamored with the pretend Chinese restaurant in "Take Me There" on Level 2. Plan to spend the day exploring the five levels (L & 1-4). Get your complimentary tickets to the planetarium and other lower level (L) attractions upon arrival and plan your day around those times. Rock climbing appointments (on level 4) need to be made early, too!

Chicago, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
“great really nice way to spend rainy day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

EXCELLENT museum, very nice way to spend a day, Best thing to do in INDY esp on a rainy day.
Great staff. Would have rated it 5 if my kids were younger

Visited June 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
71 attraction reviews
“Still a great museum - but, we might be outgrowing?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Took my son here when he was 4 and again now at 7. He was still plenty entertained - but, I don't think he has many years left here - one section he was already too old to enter (3rd floor play area - for ages 5 and under); we managed to keep busy from 10 to 4. Had a nice lunch there - plenty of choices. The food was above average. A bit pricey but that is to be expected. A very nice gift store - again pricey. But, we managed to find a good deal on Kinetic sand! Cool stuff! Free connected parking garage. I found the staff selling tickets in the morning to not be very friendly or helpful. The guy taking our tickets seemed happy and cheerful though. Place was clean. I only saw one Family bathroom and that was difficult for me as my son is not quite old enough to be in the bathroom by himself or for me to leave him while I go... I think the price of admission is high - it was ~ $35 for the two of us.

New York City, New York
“Great for the kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I really didn't want to spend the time we did there. I'm not much of a museum type of guy but after arriving and seeing all the "hands on" education my wife and I stayed for 3 hours! We had a good time and was even able to grab something to eat there.

Visited April 2014