“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 59 Attractions in Indianapolis
Type: Children's Museums, Museums
Activities: Leisure education
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest children's museum in the world urges children to dig in and touch everything as they explore the physical and natural sciences, history, world cultures and the arts through exciting interactive exhibits on five floors. There's also a planetarium and a theater with children's plays and live entertainment.
Lawrenceburg, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I came with my 6 and 11 year old children. They had a wonderful time! There was so much to see and do. Dinosaurs, Trains, Legos, Hot Wheels,and much more. I had to constantly pull them away from something so we could go on to the next and get everything in. I wish we had more time! We all had a great time and are still talking about our experience days later.

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
5 attraction reviews
“Children's Museum Restaurant Way Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Children's Museum has recently added some healthy choices to their menu, so I was eager to try a good-for-you lunch. We were there with our two grandchildren, who opted for a slice of pizza and three breadsticks each with cheese sauce. My husband had a pre-packaged chicken salad wrap and a drink, while I chose a small spinach side salad, large fruit cup and bottle of water. Evan though the museum was crowded, we didn't have to wait long to pay for our food and find a table. The food was "okay" but not great. The price ($10.00) for my salad, fruit cup and bottle of water, was not okay. Our total bill for four people was $40.00. It should have been about $20.00. I hope the revenue from the museum's cafeteria enriches the museum and not just the company that runs the cafeteria. All in all, the convenience of eating there is not justified by the quality of the food or the price. Next time, we'll eat before we visit.

11 attraction reviews
“It's the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The Indianapolis Children's Museum is the largest children's museum in the country and a terrific place to bring the kids. I took my own kids for regular outing to the museum when they were younger, and we took my wife's nieces for a visit when they were in town last summer. It is jam-packed with hands-on activities. If you're in Indianapolis with the kids, don't miss it!

Visited August 2011
JACKSONVILLE
11 attraction reviews
“It's huge!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We spent the entire day here! It's really big and very nice, but almost too big! We took sandwiches and still spent $17 on drinks, chips, etc! It's expensive to get in, but pretty much everything is free once you are in. When you get there, go downstairs first to get tickets to whatever show you want to see.

West Chester, Ohio, United States
“Great Place For Kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Unfortunately, our 10 and 14 year olds are probably a little too old to really enjoy it like younger kids. Still, it was a great place, and is well-maintained with a lot of interesting things to do.

The staff is very friendly and knowledgable.

Only really complaint is the food court. They have several different stations, each with different types of food. But, the problem is, it takes you forever to get through there if your kids want a different type of food than you do. You'll end up waiting in 2 different lines. The food from the first line getting cold while the waiting in the second. And if you have 2 kids that each want something different, you could end up waiting 3 times.

Other than that, it was a lot of fun!