“Great location, comfy beds!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #94 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Columbiaville MI
“Great location, comfy beds!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The location was great! Right across the road from Lucas Oil Stadium, and a short walk to downtown. The beds were so comfortable, and the room was quiet. The rooms were clean, and had nice touches, like lots of pillows, coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. It made our stay very pleasant. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again. My only complaint was that although they supposedly had free wifi, the wifi never worked.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Columbus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I picked this hotel as a blind choice through Priceline. The location was great. It was practically next door to The Lucas Oil Stadium and just a block and a half away from the Indiana Convention Center. They have two areas for parking. A parking garage as well as a parking lot. There is a 20.00 parking fee per night. They offer free breakfast containing hot items such as Sausage, ,Eggs, cold cereal, various breads,waffles as well as coffee and juice. The breakfast is just adequate. Rooms are large and beds are comfy and provide a microwave as well as a mini refrigerator. Staff was friendly and helpful . Hotel provides a full service menu for independent food delivery.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Lucas Oil Stadium seem to be pretty quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Had a nice stay, very quiet room. Enjoyed the choice of firm or soft pillows on the bed. The room was clean, had a nice desk, seating area (sofa-bed),and nice flat screen TV. Bathroom was clean and spacious. The breakfast was adequate for a hotel in this category - eggs, bacon, waffles, cereal, pastries, yoghurt, hard boiled eggs. Staff was very friendly. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking garage if you want the quietest...no view, but quiet!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a swim meet at IUPUI. It's just okay...noted several items that make me give it this rating - things like the flooring in the elevator being buckled and cracked, a big red stain on the carpet in the room, various stains on the chair pillow and foot stools - tells me that the management team isn't overly concerned about the general state of the facility - which gives me doubts about the overall cleanliness of the whole place.
Also, the front desk is clearly understaffed. The folks working there are friendly and helpful, but consistently there was only one person at the desk..and for some reason the check in process seems very laborious at this hotel - so the combination made it consistently at least a 5 minute wait for anything needed - a purchase from their little store, a map of restaurants, etc. Just an annoyance the longer you stay here.
Certainly a good price for downtown Indy...but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed over the 4th of July weekend as I was in town for a convention and this was a short walk to the convention center.

The rooms were OK for the most part, I really liked the bed, very comfortable. The thing I do not understand is why these places have these super thick comforters on the bed. Regardless, the bed was good.

The bad, the breakfast choices were not so good, the last day we were there it was decent, Friday and Saturday were not good at all. Lousy selection (no pork products on Saturday at all, sigh). Also I never could find the cream cheese for the bagels.

Saturday night the internet had too many users on it, so I was forced to tether my laptop to my phone.

Two of the reasons I picked this hotel were free wifi and free breakfast, was disappointed in both.

Also one of my towels had some large brown stains on them, blood or...not sure but thankfully I looked before I used. Someone had to fold the towel, didn't they see it?

Front desk was nice and helpful when I talked with them.

Overall the hotel was ok, just could have been a lot better.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

This is by far one of the worst hotels I have stayed at. I had to change rooms not once but twice during my stay. There is also some type of exhaust issue at or around the hotel that will make you feel like your going to pass out from the smell. When I went down to ask someone what they could do about it I was rudely told they were not going to "play musical rooms all night" due to my issue and they would not switch me rooms. Then the employees continued to talk about me with another guest after I walked away upset from the counter. I also was woken up at 11:00 PM by the maids in the room across the hallway complaining about their day and their boss. To me, this is unacceptable. Trust me, there are way better places to stay in Indy.

• Stayed July 2014
Speedway, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Had 10 rooms at the hotel and meeting room for two days. Rooms are nice, BEDS comfortable, STAFF AMAZING. Everyone we met during our two days greeted us,treated us like family and took care of our every need. Thanks

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites City Centre? Share your experiences!