“Some good, some bad.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #95 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Tampa, Florida
“Some good, some bad.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed over the 4th of July weekend as I was in town for a convention and this was a short walk to the convention center.

The rooms were OK for the most part, I really liked the bed, very comfortable. The thing I do not understand is why these places have these super thick comforters on the bed. Regardless, the bed was good.

The bad, the breakfast choices were not so good, the last day we were there it was decent, Friday and Saturday were not good at all. Lousy selection (no pork products on Saturday at all, sigh). Also I never could find the cream cheese for the bagels.

Saturday night the internet had too many users on it, so I was forced to tether my laptop to my phone.

Two of the reasons I picked this hotel were free wifi and free breakfast, was disappointed in both.

Also one of my towels had some large brown stains on them, blood or...not sure but thankfully I looked before I used. Someone had to fold the towel, didn't they see it?

Front desk was nice and helpful when I talked with them.

Overall the hotel was ok, just could have been a lot better.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is by far one of the worst hotels I have stayed at. I had to change rooms not once but twice during my stay. There is also some type of exhaust issue at or around the hotel that will make you feel like your going to pass out from the smell. When I went down to ask someone what they could do about it I was rudely told they were not going to "play musical rooms all night" due to my issue and they would not switch me rooms. Then the employees continued to talk about me with another guest after I walked away upset from the counter. I also was woken up at 11:00 PM by the maids in the room across the hallway complaining about their day and their boss. To me, this is unacceptable. Trust me, there are way better places to stay in Indy.

• Stayed July 2014
Speedway, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Had 10 rooms at the hotel and meeting room for two days. Rooms are nice, BEDS comfortable, STAFF AMAZING. Everyone we met during our two days greeted us,treated us like family and took care of our every need. Thanks

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here when passing through Indianapolis, the first time in June of 2012. Both times the hotel has been very clean, check in easy and staff professional and courteous. The rooms are generous sized, we had a king each time, with refrigerator and microwave in the room. The linens, towels and sheets are clean and smell nice. The breakfast offers a good selection of hot and cold items, the eating area is a bit small but manageable. It's within walking distance of downtown and right across from Lucas Oil Stadium. We will certainly consider staying again when in town.

Room Tip: Be aware that there is a $20 charge to park.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This hotel gave me crabs! It's true. I spent four nights and in the fifth day I was itching "down there". That's when I found two crabs on me. Then I got out of bed and looked at the blankets where I discovered several dead crabs on the white blanket. I showered, grabbed a new towel and on the towel was dried food!!! I told the manager and he was confrontational. I travel a lot for business and this was completely disappointing and awful. The hotel lobby is nice by the way and the staff too. I just think they don't wash the blankets or if they do it's in cold water (not hot enough to get rid of food on towels and especially not hot enough to kill the previous guests SDT's).

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Muncie, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Booked this location through Priceline for $45 + taxes/fees. (great deal)
A bit further away from where I actually wanted to be but not a bad location.
Overnight stay to attend the Vintage Wine Fair, the hotel is located across from Lucas Stadium.
Not many choices for dining within reasonable walking distance but we found a great place just a block away (Basey's Grill .. see my review). Read the reviews after I saw what Tripadvisor picked for me and was expecting poor customer service. Quite the contrary! Everyone was very friendly more that willing to help. If their customer service was lacking before they certainly have made a turnaround. Even received a complimentary early check in when we arrived at 11:30 . Gotta love that. It made it great for attending the wine fair on time. The only two things that kept my review from rating as a 5 was the lack of shuttle (temporarily unavailable) and a sub-par breakfast offering. It would have been nice to have been shuttled to the wine fair (especially on the way back). Breakfast was not bad .. just not as good and as many varieties as some of the other Comfort Inns we have experienced. Room was great ...very spacious and extra clean .. even had exhaust fan in the bathroom .. don't see those much any more.
Overall a great stay .. good job Priceline and Comfort Suites.

Room Tip: Block away is Basey's Grill .. great place for grub See my review. Don't worry about a ro...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great value downtown property next door to Lucas Oil Stadium. If that's your destination, you can't get much closer. It's on the west side of the stadium and on the west border of what would be considered "downtown" (hence the West St. address) but handy enough to other downtown venues, dining and entertainment. Most can be reached in about 15 minute walk. The hotel shuttle will take you anywhere you want to go downtown, if available, for $5 / room (not per person). We used that service with great success and had access as good or better than other downtown hotels that would cost more than $100 / night more. Inside, predictable, modern Comfort Suites fare, not much different of a feel than what you'd get at a Comfort Suites on a suburban highway interchange. If you don't need the full service (though there is a small bar with limited hours), this could be a good value alternative to the larger full service downtown alternatives--with one exception--parking here ($20/night) on par with other downtown hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites City Centre? Share your experiences!