“Reasonable for business travel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #102 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Monroe, Ohio
“Reasonable for business travel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I spent 3 nights here while in town for a conference. My room was clean, quiet, and just fine for business travel.

The hotel is literally across the street from Lucas Oil, a 5 minute walk from the convention center, and a 10-15 minute walk from most entertainment and eateries downtown.

Parking was $20/night but there seemed to be plenty. Breakfast was okay but generally below par for other similar hotels. At least it was included in the price of the room.

If you're looking for something fancy, go to the JW Marriott just up the street. But for reasonably priced business travel to Indy or an event at Lucas Oil Stadium this hotel was good.

Minor gripe: Why buy high definition televisions if you aren't going to spring for HD content? Most of the channels were not in HD.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We had reserved 8 rooms for a baseball tournament and arrived early. We were unable to check in but they allowed our team to get dressed in a temporary room. After our tournament, we did not have a problem checking in which was about 930 pm.

The rooms were clean and didnt have any issues. Front desk was very polite. Will definitely consider for next years trip.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Our company booked 27 room nights while we were attending a convention. On our fourth night the hotel made a mistake and sold a room out from under us that we had already occupied and paid for. (There was actually a hilarious side this to story -- putting two strangers in the same room, sharing toothbrushes, charging them both -- but it's too long to tell here.) Night manager was rude, rude, rude. This was a situation where a little bit of empathy and concern for the customer would have at least made us feel better but no, he was contentious from the beginning. Instead of apologizing and trying to make it right he tried to turn it around and make it our fault! The whole city was booked up because of the convention so we had to send one of our people home early -- leaving at ten o'clock at night. The hotel wasn't even planning to credit us for the room they gave away until we pressed for it. "As as a courtesy" they agreed to credit us. As a courtesy??? Bad experience here.

Room Tip: My advice is to avoid this place entirely.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Brighton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

we had a different reservation at a different establishment that we cancelled due to pool and spa out of service. After two long days of college visits, we needed the spa and pool for some needed therapy.

We were thankful for the room which had very comfortable beds and and a nice shower. We also liked the location because we were able to walk 0.5+ miles to the scores of restaurants. Thankfully the weather was not below freezing with a numbing windchill.

The mornings breakfast was great with omelettes and bacon along with waffles and cereal. The only thing that could be improved is the coffee; it is a coffee syrup added to hot water, the smell is unappealing and has a funny taste even with cream and sugar.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Was in town for the weekend for basketball-NCAA tournament. Arrived Friday afternoon and it was very busy. The front desk staff that was working when arrived was superfriendly and helpful. Got my stuff into my room and went to the bar. The bartender working Friday night was great. She helped with directions to many places and was working as fast as possible considering how busy it was. Saturday morning breakfast was decent and busy. The staff filled things up as quickly as they were emptied. Stopped into get a drink on Saturday night before heading out for the evening and the girl working this night was great as well. Sunday check out was easy and staff was super accomadating! I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Findlay, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

If you are going to an event at Lucas Oil, I would wager you couldn't get a better location and easier parking. That is the end of the good part of the story. In three days, we had a hotel shuttle driver who was unfamiliar with downtown Indy, were lied to about late checkout, were lied to about extended parking, didn't get our room cleaned by maid service, and a door room that stuck shut for over an hour.

Room Tip: Not by the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Where do I start? Customer service is lacking here. I had trouble from the beginning. When I booked my 5 rooms for a weekend in March of 2014, I was expecting a nice hotel with professional staff, however, when I tried to change the number of nites for 3 of the rooms, I was given the run around, and it took me 3 days to get this done. The front desk manager at one point told me he was doing me a favor by changing the reservation. To which I stated that my confimation said I had until 20-Mar at 6pm to change or cancel, then he said no that is just to cancel, so I said I am reading to you what it says, then he backed down and then told me the rates for that room would be raised by 20.00 a night because of the weekend being an event and my changing the reservation, again, I read the confirmation to him, and again he backed down.
When we arrived at the hotel is was chaos. I was able to overlook this however because it was a busy weekend. The breakfast is not good. Towels were not replaced unless asked for, only beds were made for the so-called maid service. I had to ask for extra coffee for the 3 nights we stayed. Parking is 20.00 a night, which is ridiculous. We checked out and thought our troubles were over, boy were we wrong.
Checked my credit card statement on Monday to find that I had been charged for my room, plus someone elses room. I called my parties and gathered all of the receipts to find that, in fact, everyone had paid for their own rooms with their own credit cards. So I had to call the hotel again. I was told it was just a “holding” fee and it would come off in a few days. So I let a few days go by, check the card again, and IT IS STILL THERE. I copy and paste my credit card account off the web and send it to the manager of the hotel. 2 days go by and I don’t get a response, so I call. The first thing he asks is if he can put me on hold. I hold, he comes back on after 6 minutes (no I am not kidding) and then says that the business manager won’t be there until morning and could he call me and discuss this then? I say ok. No call comes the next morning. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites City Centre? Share your experiences!