“Extra nights charged, hard to get resolved” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #94 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Holland, Michigan
“Extra nights charged, hard to get resolved”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have two rooms for 4 nights each for which we paid for. A week later we get three MORE charges totaling over $3000. Manager tells me it was a "posting error" and assured me that all three charges had been refunded within minutes. Well, banks will charge cards but take their time refunding even if it's done immediately. Now we are still stuck with about $350 in charges that are not correct and having to spend time trying to resolve with the poorly communicative manager. After staying here multiple times I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

The location of this hotel was great if I was going to an event at Lucas Stadium...but this was just a get away trip for me the weekend of Labor Day. And "trust" me I will never stay at this hotel again ..unless it is the only hotel left to stay in. There were no resturants no where close to this hotel. "Had no "cook" on duty the whole 3 days I stayed. Only in the morning!! I had to get my family members who leave in Indy to come and take me out to eat or bring me food.

Room Tip: Bring plenty of food to cook yourself!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Carbondale, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Before we left for the trip, I had problem after problem with the reservation agents. They said our reservation was cancelled and didn't add names to the room like I requested so check-in was a nightmare. Worst of all they were extremely RUDE! When we checked in, we were told that the rate that we had a WRITTEN receipt for was not the rate we would actually receive. They had no record that I had ever called when I called 3 times! The reservation agents said that they couldn't help because the hotels are all independently owned. We had trouble with the internet. We had a weird smell in our room. We didn't know what rate we were actually paying. And, they didn't have enough breakfast for all of the people staying. If you are staying for one night, maybe for a ball game, it may not be horrible but be careful because they can and will change your rate. By the time we checked out, I was quoted 5 or 6 different rates by the front desk.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

First, I travel regularly & have stayed in a variety of hotel brands. I understand all are not perfect & can accept some issues. Until now, I don't think I would have ever rated a hotel below three stars. This hotel was hellacious. The front desk was incredibly rude, but the manager managed to well surpass their level of rudeness. They talked to our party like we were an inconvenience, disputed facts, were insulting & were just down right mean. We're pretty easy going & have never had an experience like this. The hotel stay alone nearly ruined the weekend for us. I spend 15-20 nights a year in Indy hotels & will NEVER stay here again. I am also responsible for scheduling up to 90 rooms for a group in Indy a few times a year. I can guarantee that this hotel will never see that business. Customer service? Not here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Wichita
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 3 years in a row. Loved it the first two years. It's great location make it so sad that I will no longer be able to trust them. This year I checked in for a four night stay and had problems from the beginning. The new desk worker made a mistake during check-in and so I was marked a no-show, which I found out only after I was home. I was charged and paid for all 4 nights of my stay when I checked-out. A week later I get my credit card bill and see a separate charge, a DOUBLE CHARGE for the first night. They said it was a NO-SHOW fee since I didn't cancel prior to 6pm. Well, I was there, so I didn't need to cancel, but regardless, I actually paid for the night when I checked out. So I take this to management and the administrative assistant, Lani Hatcher, agrees that she sees the issue and will refund the charges, but never once does she apologize. Then the GM, Aaron L. Moss, must have put the stop to that because I never received my credit. So I try to contact them again, but now they refuse to return my emails/calls. So I file a dispute with my credit card, and the GM is trying to fight it. If he would just look at the receipt he would see I booked four nights and paid for four nights. Why are they insisting I owe twice for one of the nights? It's just ridiculous!

Worse yet, not a single solitary person has apologized for all the hours I have spent on the phone and computer trying to get this handled.

It used to be such a nice place. I don't know if Prism Hotels has recently taken it over and it's gone down hill because of that or if new staff hasn't been trained correctly, but I know that it's not worth the headache to me. I will stay elsewhere next year for my event!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

It really happens to be my fault but I don't like when hotels charge you extra for parking. I understand but it is just an unexpected expense when you aren't ready for it, $17 in fact. Nice overall hotel but we would most likely stay some place different or just a bit outside if the city to avoid the extra charge.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were overall pleased with our stay here except a few things. The pool was too cold to even swim in. We have young children who were very excited about getting to swim during our stay; however, the water was freezing cold and after 10 min. they were shivering so bad. I was pretty disappointed. The hot tub was also shut down because it was being worked on. Our room was a little small but was clean, and had a great view of the stadium. Parking at $17 a night seemed a little high, especially when there were no events going on at the stadium and the hotel was pretty empty. The breakfast was a decent hotel breakfast and staff was helpful. Decor was modern. After checking out of this hotel we stayed at the same hotel chain near Chicago, and it had all of the things this one didn't.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites City Centre? Share your experiences!