“Leave your valuables at home.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Howe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Leave your valuables at home.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I have ongoing business in this area and so I was delighted with my first stay at this hotel. The hotel was tidy. The hotel staff was friendly, and the breakfast was ample and convenient. I stayed several nights over the past weeks. During my most recent stay, I noticed that I was missing an expensive bottle of a popular perfume on the second morning. Not wanting to wrongly accuse anyone, I waited till I had fully unpacked and checked my home, though I always travel with it. After reporting it to the manager and not receiveing the promised follow-up, all I can do is hope that hope that the staff enjoys my perfume as much as I used to.....

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Howe, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
this1grl,

Ben J
IHG Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Really loved this hotel while stopping in the middle of a snow storm. The breakfast buffet is great! Very extensive... especially for those of us who like protein in the morning. And the coffee was actually GOOD (which is a rarity in most hotels - even nice ones). I went back for a second cup! :-)

Dog fee was a bit high compared to other places I have found on i-80 but low compared to cities like Chicago and Las Vegas.

Be sure to pick up an 1-80 map at one of the roadside stops. On the back of the map there is a coupon for this very nice hotel. It makes staying at this lovely place quite a deal, especially if you are not traveling with a pet.

Cookies served in the evening. Another great treat!

The hotel employees are very friendly.

The bed is incredibly comfortable and the pillows are great!

Pool looked nice. I was hoping for a hot tub in the pool area. Apparently hot tubs are in a few of the rooms, but it would have made the price tag a lot higher.

Room Tip: My room faced the highway and a bright parking lot light and I had no trouble sleeping, but if you a...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Peabody, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Outwardly the Holiday Inn Express in Howe IN is a beautiful property. The grounds and the rooms are meticulously maintained. The staff is very pleasant. The rates are a tad high for the market yet typical for Holiday Inn Express with typical discounts available.

But...

It has got to be one of the noisiest properties that I have ever stayed at. Not from the guests, mind you, but from the physical plant. Every time a door would close, either on my floor or below me, the building would shake. Management needs to find a way to prevent the door closers from slamming the doors into the frame.

I arrived late and tried to sleep late. This was impossible due to the constant slamming of doors from the various rooms. I was planning on asking for a late check out and trying to sleep in. By 9AM my nerves were shot.

Room Tip: Avoid the "Queen suites" particularly those with room numbers 100-200-300. They are locat...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We were in the area for a family reunion and chose to stay here this year. Overall, very nice. Our room was very clean, and had a fridge and microwave, the facilities were well kept. It included a very good hot breakfast. Had minor trouble accessing the free wi-fi. Only problem, not the hotels fault, were the kids from a youth group that were noisy at night.

• Stayed August 2011
Superior, NE.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We are thankful for finding this great place when we were so tired. They had a very fair fee. Especially for being off the interstate. They were professional and polite. We stayed on the 24th of July and the girl's working in the evening and the next day treated us like we were royalty. Thank-you girls. We will be back!

Room Tip: Check for coupon at a rest area nearby.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I won a gift certificate from my work for this hotel. Which was suprisingly pet friendly. It was so nice to be able to take our dog on a vacation. As an executive housekeeper myself I did a intense room check to check for the cleanliness of our room. I was glad that all I found one minor problem our room was so clean! All items in the room worked great- the ac froze me out of my room. The 3rd shift lady was so nice to give me extra blankets that she had to walk to the other side of the hotel to get. The family suite took care of all our needs. This is a great place for a family stay- it was so quiet despite being next to the toll road!

• Stayed July 2011
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

I've stayed at this Holiday Inn Express twice within the past month while traveling with my daughter between NY state and Chicago. Never had a reservation. It is very conveniently located off of I-90. Both times our room backed out onto the highway, but the soundproofing was pretty good--the traffic noise did not affect our sleep. The place is pretty basic but clean. Breakfast was decent and hot and fresh. One tip--make sure you pick up one of those coupon saver books at a service stop in Indiana or Ohio. Use the coupon! We did (both times) and were charged only $64.95 plus tax. While checking in this last time, the couple in front of us (who did not have a coupon) were told the AAA rate was $117! That is too much in my mind and I would not pay that price for a room here. But at $65, it's a deal!

• Stayed August 2010

Been to Holiday Inn Express Howe? Share your experiences!