“Great Super 8” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Howe
Pittsburgh, PA
“Great Super 8”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This was one of the best Super 8s we ever stayed at. The room was spacious and very clean. Plenty of hot water and towels. The bed was comfortable, and we got a good nghts sleep here. The super start breakfast was above averags for a Super 8. This was the second time we stayed here, and will do it again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I left the room for a few hours and had a tablet and modem taken. Called the front desk and they said they would check and call me back. 4 Hours later no one called so I called back and was told I am am sorry but no one would take and thing and then they hung up. I am filling a police report and sending tracking info about to my tablet. Do Not Stay Here!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

After being on the 3 hour drive through hell Chicago presented us the Super 8 at Howe was like arriving in heaven. Handicap access was very good and the desk clerks couldn't have been nicer. The room was clean neat and the beds comfortable. Sturgis MI was a short drive and had a variety of eating facilities. However after being terrified by the toll road though the windy city my wife could barely eat a bite. The morning breakfast was great and hot waffles were available. Again the staff couldn't be nicer. Considering their youth they were polite and willing to help in every way. Pleasant over night, my head hit the pillow and it was lights out. The hotel is located well away from the highway in a country setting thus is very, very quiet.

Room Tip: Use your AAA or in our case CAA and Mil/retired Mil card for substantial discounts. They are all go...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Our family stayed here overnight while on our move across the country. We were looking for something cheap and didn't expect to get a whole lot out of the hotel, but we were content with both the service and the amenities for the most part. The rooms were clean and cozy and the staff was friendly. For travelers with pets, this is a good option. They allowed our german shepherd for only $10 per night. One thing that was disappointing: they say you get a free continental breakfast, but unless you're satisfied with a piece of toast and an apple, you're really not getting much. Overall, we'd recommend this to people passing through.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Macomb, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

This hotel, while not luxurious, is clean enough and is a great location. I would recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Berkshires
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

The hotel has been hit or miss in the past few years since the change of ownership, but it is on our route from New England to the Midwest. We travel as a couple or as individuals (on business) and stayed here about a dozen times a year at least. I usually sent back positive reviews as the staff's attitude usually made up for housekeeping's shortcomings. I've worked that job and know how hard it can be. There have also been perfectly wonderful stays over the past few years.
There was a recent time I had complained to Super 8 regarding an issue that couldn't (wouldn't) be taken care of by the desk staff or owner. Evidenlty the way to fix it with a customer after a complaint is to be rude and not have a concern about them ever spending their money with you. They actually told us they would not rent to us anymore! "We can't satisfy you" was the comment I got when trying to book a room on our next trip through. No "I'm sorry". No "what can we do for you" or some acknowledgement that they did something wrong on our last stay..... we never even had gotten a form letter after our complaint. This was their only response! And I had to wait until the next time I got there to find out!
In all of my years traveling and actually working in the hospitality industry, this is so shocking to me! I now understand though, why the parking lot at this hotel is mostly open while the surrounding properties are usually booked. We must not be the only travelers to have this concern with the hotel.
Spend your hard earned money somewhere that it's appreciated. Customer Serivce isn't dead at most places (it really isn't)... just at the Howe Indiana Super 8.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

The Super 8 in Howe, Indiana was the perfect value hotel. I won't say cheap, because the hotel was well maintained, clean, and included a basic but nice breakfast. We stayed here after visiting Notre Dame for a football game. It took us approximately 45 minutes to drive from the campus. I have spent a lot more to stay in places that weren't half as nice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Howe? Share your experiences!