“minus one for the cleanliness” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Hebron
Cuisines: American
Crown Point, Indiana
“minus one for the cleanliness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

It is my perception that NWI has many hidden culinary gems. I am originally from upstate New York and we didn't have such diamonds in the rough.
A few guys on my softball team kept telling about this place, so my wife and I put the coordinates in the gps and headed out. In the middle of nowhere? Yes. Worth the drive? Yes.
Marti's is located on the banks of the Kankakee River between Demotte and Hebron. It has a somewhat rough exterior and the inside is a little worse for wear. However, the food and service were phenomenal. I had the walleye and my wife had the perch and they were amazing! The fish was flaky and moist, pan fried, not deep fried. The service felt like genuine Southern Hospitality, we truly felt valued.
The place, as I said, is a little rough around the edges but well worth the drive. I wish they had a better beer selection and wish it was a little cleaner but we will be back. I hope more people would discover this gem!

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

IN
“Good but use to be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Seems to be slipping a bit. Portions have gotten smaller while the prices have gotten higher. Sandwiches use to come with chips, now just the sandwich on the plate for the same price. Baked potatoes seem to have been baked from the night before. The fried chicken use to be very good but the pieces are the smallest legs and breasts I have ever seen. I still rate it very good because I think they could come back very easily with a little more effort and pride.

Visited October 2012
“Great Dinners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We take my mother there for Mother's Day every year and she looks forward to going. Very good selection of food. Have had perch, prime rib and other entrees. All were very good. The view of the Kankakee River flowing by while you eat is great.

Visited May 2012
Hebron, Indiana
“okay food, dirty place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This place stinks inside and it dirty. The bathrooms are really looking bad and smelly. The food is fair, price is close to being fair. But the place is just soo dirty.

Visited September 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

good food and feeding the huge fish was cool. good service too. *****************************************************

Visited August 2012