“Clean Hotel - Staff Ok.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond

You added Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond to your Saves list
Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7730 Corinne Drive, I-94 & Kennedy Avenue, Hammond, IN 46323   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Hammond
“Clean Hotel - Staff Ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We arrived very late - around midnight to check in. I accidentally booked the wrong hotel but at this point we weren't going to change it. The room was clean but a little on the small side but that was ok since we were only sleeping. The lady that checked us in didn't seem very happy and was having issues with her computer. They do not offer complimentary breakfast but you can buy it. We asked for some extra coffee and she could only find us decaf but at least she tried. We stay at many Marriott's and my husband is a platinum member - but this hotel just didn't seem very friendly. We won't be staying here again. :(

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GM C, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and review. I will use your review as a training topic at our staff meeting. As you have come to know from Marriott this is not how we are trained. I am so very sorry I will have to assume you caught our overnight agent on a bad night and this is no excuse for bad service. I greatly appreciate your review I will defiantly be addressing this. Thank you for your business and your husband for being a Platinum member that is a lot of Marriott’s and traveling to get to that staus.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Spent the night after a concert at the Horseshoe Casino. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Rooms were clean and fresh. Got up to late for breakfast but there is a Cracker Barrel Restaurant next door.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GM C, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your review we look forward to having you back as our guest. We strive on our customer service training and greatly appreciate your feedback.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel met my expectations in every way. Our room was very nicely furnished and was in really great shape. The bathroom was immaculate. The mattress couldn't have been more comfortable, and we slept very soundly. I'd have stayed here on the return trip if the weekday room price wasn't $40 higher than our weekend rate. Very easy access from I-94.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GM C, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for your great comment we take great pride in our hotel cleanliness and training our associates. We look forward to your return to our property and again thank you.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I just loved my stay here! The staff were super friendly and helpful, but most important, they were SINCERE! Their guest interaction went above the standard! This was nicely renovated in ALL my favorite colors. The lounge was nice and relaxing. Our room was a perfect size for two and, again the decor was relaxing and soothing. As you walk in, there's this huge monitor to find local restaurants and attractions, very user friendly. There is also a station where you can print out your boarding passes! YAY! I hope business brings me here just so I can stay here again!

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking their little pond, it's nice to look out on water when you're...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great comment and we look forward to you returning to our property
Lincoln, Nebraska, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I feel like I live in Marriott hotels, so I kinda know what to expect. This is a nice courtyard. The staff was really friendly and seemed like they really wanted me to be comfortable. It is a little older property but has been updated recently. My only criticism is that the bathroom fan was loud.

• Stayed August 2013
GM C, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I've been to this Courtyard location several times in the past for work because it was close to our client. The staff here is always friendly. They got used to seeing us come every so often and would greet us whenever we were back.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great comment we take great pride in our hotel cleanliness and training our associates. Great to hear you liked the Bistro and the French Dip. We are updating our menu seasonally so next time you are here you will have something new to try. We look forward to your return to our property and again thank you for the business.
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was here on business June 4 to June 7. I liked this hotel very much. It was quiet, clean, the decor was nice. It was a nice sized room. The staff was friendly. I had the French Dip from the Bistro. It was tasty.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GM C, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, responded to this review, November 21, 2014
Thank you for the review and feedback from your stay

Been to Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond? Share your experiences!